• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E The Haunting of Calithil Manor

ealt

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
Well there are three symbols that need replaced, so it would take one character three rounds. Each inscription will require a spellcraft check in order to accomplish.
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Cool, Zin and Theia are both waiting for approvals. I suppose we could both approve each other. Technically Theia needs a second for the rebuild. But that's doesn't mean much since she was never approved in the first place anyway!

That being said, how do new level 3 spells work? Do I begin with them memorized, or can Theia spend some time memorizing them? If so, how much game time? And hit points.... what happens there?

Now about the mansion. Is there a window into the master suite where we just were? And, how high are the ceilings. For breaking the magic seal, how many hands free does one need to do that? Another question, could all three characters attempt to break the seal in one turn? (more of a technicality because I assume Zin doesn't have spellcraft.)

[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I have a bit of spellcraft. Not a huge bonus, though.

I just added my new hp. If I were DM I would just let you have your new spells. But then I'm not ;)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

ealt

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
Alright, that's a lot of questions, let's see.
  • You can have your spells in this particular instance, no sense dragging it out
  • There were windows in the master suite for what it's worth
  • The ceilings are normal, eight maybe ten feet.
  • I'm gonna say inscription is a standard action that requires at least one hand
  • All characters could try, but it does require a spellcraft check DC pending
I answered a lot there, so let's continue.
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Theia Merryweather, Black Mage
[section]

On the way back to the main parlor, Theia rushes to grab an ample amount of burnt ashes from the library. Lightly out of breath and suffering from the weight of her adventuring gear, she responds to Zinnelis. Despite the physical rush, there is a sense of defiance and empowerment, coupled with conviction in her thin voice.

"Now is not the time to make excuses, friend. We have to break the enchantment. But first, you look a little worse for the wear."

First, the mage takes out her healing wand, and aims it at the ranger. A ghostly pale white light flows from the wand to the elf, soothing whatever ailments lingered from the ghost attack.

"Now for the real business."

Theia retrieves her dagger from her side, looks at the unused weapon curiously, and calmly slices her hand open. A slight stream of blood begins to flow. She takes some of the gathered ashes and mixes it together in her hand. A devilish grin begins to escape her normally empty countenance.

"Who's next?"

[/section]

[sblock=Actions]
Wand of CLW wounds 4x: Zinnelis Max HP.

Non Lethal - Dagger damage: 2 for Theia, 1 for who responds next, 1 for who responds last

[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats]Character Sheet

HP: 32/32 Nonlethal: 2
Conditions: None

Initiative: +7
Perception: +13

AC: 12 Flat: 10 Touch: 12
Fort: 4 Reflex: 4 Will: 7

Right hand: Wand of CLW
Left hand:

Dagger: Melee +0, 1d4-2, 19/x2, P
Crossbow: Ranged +4 1d8, 19/x2, P, 80 ft.
Ammo: 10/10 bolts remaining

Cantrips: unlimited/day
Dancing Lights "Scintillat"
Detect Magic "Exploro"
Guidance "Rectio"
Spark "Ignis"

Level 1: 5/day
Adhesive Spittle "Salivarius"
Charm Person "Paellicio"
Enlarge Person "Amplifico"
Obscuring Mist "Obscuro"
Summon Monster I "Invoco Primum"

Level 2: 4/day
Blindness/Deafness "Exoculo"
Glitterdust "Eluceo"
Summon Monster II "Invoco Secundum"
Web "Tela"

Level 3: 2/day
Lightning Bolt "Zibens"
Lightning Bolt "Zibens"

Hexes:
Charm
Evil Eye
Flight
Fortune (Used on: Leira)
Misfortune
Slumber
Tongues

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
Transactions:
Family Ring
3 Scrolls (Glitterdust, Reduce Person, Burning Hands)
Used: Old Law Whiskey
Used: 1 use of shaving kit

Game Info:
All undead information

[/sblock][/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2qm1yle.jpg

Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger (Level 3)
Calathil Manor
Late Afternoon
Round 0

Zinnelis smiled wearily at Theia. “I feel like someone danced all over my grave,” he said, “and I’m not even dead yet.” He gave a relieved sigh as he felt the coldness of the undead’s touch leave his body when Theia healed him with the wand. “Thank you,” he told the witch, watching her cut her hand.

Zinn held his hand out to her and said, “Go ahead. Tell me what you need me to do.” Theia and Aelspeth knew magic. He knew some, but a completely different sort. He figured he and Leira would be fending off the ghost, perhaps.

Zinn winced slightly as Theia drew the blade across his hand and he watched the red line well with blood.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Action:
Move:
Free:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Zinnelis Laerdiril Mini Stats]Zinnelis Laerdiril
AC: 16/13/13 CMD: 18
HP: 29/29 NL: 1
Arrows Available: 53; Cold Iron 60 (0/0 arrows retrieved)

Spells Prepared
None

Game Notes:
GET FREAKING HOLY WATER!
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]How long shall we wait for [MENTION=6794573]MerryMortician[/MENTION]?

I know it's unorthodox, but KN or I can NPC Aelspeth if need be.[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]H'ooookay. I just registered that Aelspeth was not already 4th level and that I'll have to level her up. That's going to change some things! I'm just sitting down to write for the evening but here's my plan: I will make IC posts to both the games I'm in and then I will start working on the level-up. If it gets to be too late then I may have to pause and finish tomorrow but I'm optimistic at the moment.[/sblock]

Remove ads