Pathfinder 1E The Haunting of Calithil Manor

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Novice Conjurer

Aelspeth sheathes her sword and lowers Darwin to the floor just outside the door leading into the master suite. "Stay here," she tells him with a wan smile, "and I'll be back as soon as this business is done. Be safe." The monkey bobs his head up and down but Aelspeth feels his concern for her safety grip her own heart and compound her own anxiety. Yeah, this is going to suck.

The young wizard pulls her longbow off her shoulder just as Theia is beginning to rework one of the sigils. She dashes into the bedroom as Zinnelis kneels to work on another of the arcane marks. And she rounds behind Theia's back to reach the farthest symbol while the ghost's keening assaults her eardrums. For the first time in a long time, Aelspeth hopes the Imperium is with her. If her knowledge is insufficient, or if she makes one error in the practiced scribing, then she may find that universal balance resolves through her death. She drops to the floor and presses her bleeding palm down to smear the ashy concoction over the old rune. Her teeth chatter in the unnatural cold of the room and her hand shakes slightly when she traces new shapes with her fingertip.

Please, please let this be right!

[sblock=OOC]ealt, I am assuming that Aelspeth can prepare spells into her new slots as if she'd left them open in the morning but that she cannot change any spell slots she already had prepared. That was my interpretation of what you and FJ talked about.

Taking 10 on Spellcraft yields a result of 21. If Taking 10 isn't an option, then I done goofed...
Spellcraft to rewrite sigils: 1D20+11 = [2]+11 = 13[/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth’s Mini Stats]Aelspeth Noromiel
HP: 23/23
AC: 13 (19) FF: 10 (16) T: 13 (15)
CMB: +1 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +5
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +7
Conditions in Effect: +4 armor bonus (mage armor)
Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Shift: 10 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Protection from Evil, Protection from Evil, Color Spray
2nd Level: Glitterdust, Levitate, Levitate, Invisibility
Consumables: Wand of Mage Armor (-1 charge), Wand of Cure Light Wounds (-3 charges)[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Also, ealt, sorry for the delay. I had some nasty food poisoning or something from Saturday through Wednesday. KN and FJ heard about it in the other game's OOC message thread.[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Calithil Manor - Master Suite

Each party member carefully begins to attempt to rework one of the runic symbols in the circle. Theia, having extensive knowledge of the more esoteric aspects of the arcane, does so without any trouble; however, the others have less success. Zinnelis succeeds in making a bloody swear where the rune used to be, while Aelspeth uses an incorrect rune in her substitution. The barrier seems to shimmer briefly, then reappears much dimmer than before. Sensing the barrier's weakness, the angry spirit within lashes out with inhuman speed towards Aelspeth. Fortunately, the elf wizard manages to push herself away from the circle in time to avoid the spirit's swipe.

[sblock=Combat]
So due to the duress of the situation I'm going to say taking ten is out. There is a snarling spirit out for blood scant inches from you, no pressure :p

Touch Attack vs. Aelspeth:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Next Round!
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]To metagame a touch..... maybe let's have Theia and Ael go first, so in case we succeed, Zinnelis can get an attack in?[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Theia Merryweather, Black Mage
[section]

Despite her unassuming stature, Theia moves rather quickly as she slips around the edge of the magical field. She continues to work on the second seal, hoping that Zinnelis or Aelspeth will have some success too.

[/section][sblock=Actions]

Move: Go to the next seal
Standard: [roll0]

[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats]Character Sheet

HP: 32/32 Nonlethal: 2
Conditions: None

Perception: +13

AC: 12 Flat: 10 Touch: 12
Fort: 4 Reflex: 4 Will: 7

Right hand: Wand of CLW
Left hand:

Dagger: Melee +0, 1d4-2, 19/x2, P
Crossbow: Ranged +4 1d8, 19/x2, P, 80 ft.
Ammo: 10/10 bolts remaining

Cantrips: unlimited/day
Dancing Lights "Scintillat"
Detect Magic "Exploro"
Guidance "Rectio"
Spark "Ignis"

Level 1: 5/day
Adhesive Spittle "Salivarius"
Charm Person "Paellicio"
Enlarge Person "Amplifico"
Obscuring Mist "Obscuro"
Summon Monster I "Invoco Primum"

Level 2: 4/day
Blindness/Deafness "Exoculo"
Glitterdust "Eluceo"
Summon Monster II "Invoco Secundum"
Web "Tela"

Level 3: 2/day
Lightning Bolt "Zibens"
Lightning Bolt "Zibens"

Hexes:
Charm
Evil Eye
Flight
Fortune (Used on: Leira)
Misfortune
Slumber
Tongues

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
Transactions:
Family Ring
3 Scrolls (Glitterdust, Reduce Person, Burning Hands)
Used: Old Law Whiskey
Used: 1 use of shaving kit

Game Info:
All undead information
[/sblock][/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2qm1yle.jpg

Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger (Level 3)
Calathil Manor
Late Afternoon
Round 2

“Sorry!” Zinnelis called out to Aelspeth and Theia. “I’m making a hash of this over here.” The imprisoning field shimmered and the ghost shrieked in rage, taking a swipe at Aelspeth. Thankfully the mage was quick and pulled back as the ghost swiped at her.

Theia seemed to have better luck and moved on to another rune. Zinnelis redoubled his own efforts, trying again to get the sigil right.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Action: Spellcraft: 1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13
Move:
Free:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Zinnelis Laerdiril Mini Stats]Zinnelis Laerdiril
AC: 16/13/13 CMD: 18
HP: 29/29 NL: 1
Arrows Available: 53; Cold Iron 60 (0/0 arrows retrieved)

Spells Prepared
None

Game Notes:
GET FREAKING HOLY WATER!
[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Way past my bedtime here. I'll throw up a post tomorrow. Given how KN's and FJ's narratives go, it sounds like Theia came over and reworked the rune in front of Aelspeth. Well, unless there are more than three and we only need to change three to change the spell. I'm mostly just making a note of this for myself.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I supposed I didn't mention which one specifically. Theia has two done, we just have one left. I guess RP the scene however you see fit? :)[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Novice Conjurer

After jumping backward out of the vengeful spirit's reach, and then watching Theia rush over to rework the arcane markings that Aelspeth failed to properly modify, the young woman pushes her glasses up her nose and dives to the floor beside Zinnelis. She hastily smears blood and ash around but comes quickly to know that she has erred once mroe. She shakily yells, "Theia, I cannot steady my hands!"

[sblock=OOC]Spellcraft to rewrite sigils: 1D20+11 = [5]+11 = 16[/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth’s Mini Stats]Aelspeth Noromiel
HP: 23/23
AC: 13 (19) FF: 10 (16) T: 13 (15)
CMB: +1 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +5
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Conditions in Effect: +4 armor bonus (mage armor)
Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Shift: 10 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Protection from Evil, Protection from Evil, Color Spray
2nd Level: Glitterdust, Levitate, Levitate, Invisibility
Consumables: Wand of Mage Armor (-1 charge), Wand of Cure Light Wounds (-3 charges)[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Calithil Manor - Master Suite

The spirit swirls around within its ethereal prison. Its howls chill the blood, and the hate in its gaze could stop a stalwart man's heart. Nonetheless, Theia manages to properly affix the second rune. The barrier shimmers once again, and the spirit lets out a pained sound. It seems somehow more solid than before, more of a mist than a spectre. It lashes out at Zinnelis with a spectral hand. Its touch seems to drain his energy and leave him unnaturally weary.

[sblock=Combat]
Touch Attack vs. Zinnelis:[roll0]
Dexterity Damage:[roll1] (DC 15 Negates)

So I need a Fortitude save from Zinnelis. I hope everyone's holidays were pleasant! Let's finish this and move on to (hopefully) bigger and better things.
[/sblock]

Remove ads