• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Heroes of Freedom: Issue One

garyh

First Post
"Don't worry, Officer," Wynter replied to the cop, "some new friends and I just foiled a bank robbery. There's no need for the Freedom League, the New Heroes were here!"

OOC: Note ever-so-subtle attempt to give the group a name in the media. ;)

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
The Eastern Seaboard Bank
4:25 PM, ET

The police captain looks curiously at Wynter, then shrugs. "Uh...thanks for your help in subduing these criminals. We're going to need a statement from each of you, of course." Then several policemen and paramedics move forwards, handcuffing most of the unconscious criminals and bringing them to the squadcars, while a few, like Rave, are put on stretchers and wheeled to an ambulance. A squad of paramedics is also treating the unconscious man in the car crash, lifting him onto a stretcher as well.

Following on the heels of the police are a trio of news vans, whose members immediately begin deploying their cameras and other equipment. Two helicopters also circle above the growing spectacle.

Meanwhile, Mind Mistress tries unsuccessfully to access the mind of the mysterious man, who is now being interviewed by a detective as he recounts the daring foiling of the bank robbery by a group of superheroes.

Each of the heroes who are present and not attempting to hide or disguise themselves is approached by a police officer and is asked their names, their reason for being at the bank, what actually happened, and other questions.

Jet is able to successfully blend into the growing crowd. An attractive brunette in her early twenties wearing a Comets baseball jersey asks, "Wow, this is amazing. Did you see what happened? I heard their was some kind of bank robbery and the Freedom League stopped it!"

Tokiwong

First Post
Hammerhead said:

Each of the heroes who are present and not attempting to hide or disguise themselves is approached by a police officer and is asked their names, their reason for being at the bank, what actually happened, and other questions.

Jet is able to successfully blend into the growing crowd. An attractive brunette in her early twenties wearing a Comets baseball jersey asks, "Wow, this is amazing. Did you see what happened? I heard their was some kind of bank robbery and the Freedom League stopped it!"

Jet relaxes breathing a sigh of relief, Whew that was close, too close, no need to get mixed up with these New Heroes, he wipes his brow for a moment, and lances around.

”So this is how you celebrate your glory, cowering in fear? You should be basking in the glory as a true hero, young master. Have I taught you nothing?” Black Crane spoke with a shake of his ghostly head.

Jet jumped, “What… oh don’t do that, you scared me, you crazy old coot!” Jet shouted loudly, glancing nervously to the attractive young woman. He swallowed dryly and replied to her with a nervous tone, “Oh yeah the Freedom League, wow… uhh cool… wow. Just now can’t believe I missed that, yeah, would have been sweet.”

Darth Ecks

First Post
Hammerhead said:

Shift, realizing he can't easily disguise himself, decides to help the police. After hearing the woman say something about the Freedom League, Shift feels it is important that the record is set straight, "Do we look like the Freedom League? Please, give credit where credit is due...I am, um, *pauses for a second*...Shift."

Agamon

Adventurer
"I am called Chloro," the plant man answers as a police officer questions him. "I was leaving Liberty Park when I heard a commotion in this building. I entered to give assistance to those in need. I, and these humans," he says, pointing out the other heroes, "prevented the attempted robbery of the bank. Some collateral damage was unavoidable, but no one was seriously hurt, I do not believe. Will that be suffice, officer?"

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Mistress Mind/Alicia Emmrich

Mistress Mind is very polite with the police officer answering any of their question with an honest answer, though she will not give her real name and address under any circumstance or will she to reading anyone mind. She will also promises to testify either in court in person or via an official statement (her preference) if need be. She’ll try and get her statement done via the detective that did the photographers in an attempt to get his name and/or address.

Also She will wait around to talk to the other “New Heroes” ( :rolleyes: ) as a group or in private.

OOC: I only kid Gary... ;)

Darth Ecks

First Post
Shift also answers any questions that the police might have, but in an attempt to keep his real identity known, he teleports every minute, so as not to lose his blue glow.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Chloro
"Uh...yeah..." the detective says uneasily, shifting his weight from foot to foot, clearly uncomfortable with Chloro's appearance.

Mind Mistress
The police officer assures you that an official statement will suffice, but he refuses to divulge any information about the name or address of the photographer he interviewed. The photographer is now walking away from the crime scene, his interview finished, and turns the corner, disappearing from view. Mind Mistress begins feeling the need to transform back to her normal persona.

Wynter and Shift
You likewise finish your interviews without significant incident, giving an official statement about the bank robbery and your actions to thwart it. As soon as these interviews are over, you are accosted by a swarm of reporters with microphones, asking questions with the rate of a machine gun. "What are your names?" an elderly man shouts, from Channel 7. "What are your powers?" an Asian woman asks, from Channel 4. "Did you have any previous connection with the criminals?" "Are you in any way associated with the Freedom League?"

Remove ads