• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Heroes of Freedom: Issue One

Darth Ecks

First Post
Miles teleports in front of Rave (while activating his force field), "You can run, but you won't get far."

Meanwhile, the duplicate in the bank calls to the rest of the supers, "Hey, let's go get that girl. We can't let her get away!" He then runs out the hole in the wall after his original.

Miles Teleports in front of Rave (Half Action), activates his Force Field (Free Action). The duplicate runs out of the bank towards Rave and Miles.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Alicia Emmrich/Mistress Mind

Mistress Mind will stay behind to keep an eye on all the thugs and the superpower we have already… If the man with the camera gets to picture happy she will try and pull the camera from his hands.

OOC: If Rant moves I’ll use my force field to suffocate him and the same for any of the thugs.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
The Alleyway Chase

Rave seems surprised at your teleportation, but quickly recovers. She smirks, and raises an eyebrow. "Oh," she inquires, as thousands of spinning blades appear in the air surrounding her and following her movements. "Touch me and die."

OOC:Initiative Result: Rave 12, Miles 9

In the Bank

The Mind Mistress watches the man snapping pictures carefully, then a vision appears of the suspicious photographer.

The man is now dressed in a fine suit, his body blocking full view of a body lying on the ground. He raises a large pistol and fires several times. The body jerks, then lies still. The man then turns around, revealing his sneering face.

The vision fades, and she again sees the photographer. He calls concernedly "Is everyone okay?" He smiles, turning towards Mind Mistress, and snaps a picture.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Alicia Emmrich/Mistress Mind

Mistress Mind sneers at the photographer, “No photographs!” with that she uses her telekinetic to pull the camera from the man… She will open the back and pull the film out exposing it to the light ruining it in the process.

OOC: If the photographer does anything threatening or tries to leave she will subdue him with her mental attack. If he behaves like I don't know anything theirs not much I can do... I see the future, it's not set and no crime has truely happened.

Hammerhead

Explorer
The Man With the Camera

The man sputters in disbelief. "You...you...you can't do that," he finishes angrily. "What right do you have, telling me about photographs? That's destruction of personal property, and those things were going to be worth a fortune to the news agencies and the comics!" The man appears very angry, almost out of control but helpless to do anything about it.

However, Mind Mistress senses that the man if more worried than angry.

Outside the Bank

A car suddenly drives away from where it was parked, across from the bank, scattering the small piles of ash left from dozens of cigarettes into the cold fall air.

Tokiwong

First Post
If Jet can get to that car he will try and jump on the roof if not he will run, and leap as far as he can, but if it is too far he will stop, with a sigh. But he will use his Leaping and Bouncing to great effect!

Leaping +10 with Bouncing Extra, full move if possible after the Car...

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
"Err, this guy isn't dead, is he? Does anyone know first aid?" Sam stares at Rant's prone form.

As the car speeds away, Sam cries out, "Dang it, I only did the van." He rushes towards the front of the bank to gain LoS on the fleeing vehicle. Once the car is spotted, he frowns for a moment, concentrating intently.

[Animation +10 to disable engine, again]

"Next time ask permission before taking people's pictures, okay."

Darth Ecks

First Post
Miles attempts to grab the would-be bank robber, "Your threats don't scare me. Now, come and join your friends."

OOC: If I can use Attack Finesse for this grab (it seems like I should be able to, but it doesn't explicitly say it).

Miles makes a grappling attempt (half action) against Rave. Miles sustains his Force Field (free action).

Agamon

Adventurer
Chloro looks about the scene, making sure no innocents are hurt, and looks to the downed Rant. "I do not believe I can be of any assitance to him."

He looks about once again. "I do not understand this human obssession for money. That you would go so far as to hurt each other for it seems strange to me."

Remove ads