• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Heroes of Freedom: Issue One

Victim

First Post
Sam watches Rave flee from the bank, then spins to face Rant. How stupid. Learn to aim Sam. And you need witty banter and cool name, too. "Uhh, well, I doubt your sister will get too far on foot."

"Let's take this loser out, clean up the guys with guns, then run down Rave." Two ought to work if I can't hit with one. Rapid fire time. Flinging his right hand at Rant, a crackling azure bolt of lightning blasts toward the villain. Then the arc pulses and lashes out along several paths.

[Leadership, Full attack with Rapid Shot: +10/+10; +10S
+11/+11 and +11S if within 30ft.]

Hammerhead

Explorer
Sam's bolt of electricity strikes Rant, and everyone in the bank hears a loud crackling sound as the electricity courses through his body as he jerks helplessly. "Owwww," he moans piteously. Rant then falls down, slamming into the bank floor with clothing and hair burnt and the smell of ozone lingering in the air.

Mind Mistress is able to shake off the pain of Lefty's crushing blow, using all of her willpower to do so. Meanwhile, the teleporting Miles has now discerned that the fleeing superhuman is most likely the criminal in charge of the burly thugs, and that the others are heroes, stopping a bank robbery.

OOC: Round 4 Initiative 34-Jet, 23-Rave, 17-Rant, 16-Sam, 13-Mind Mistress, 13-???, 12-Miles, 10-Thugs, 9-Chloro, 7-Kathleen. Sam rolls a 20, confirms the critical, rolls against concealment, Rant fails his Damage Save, rolling a 1, and is now Unconscious. Mind Mistress spends a Hero Point to recover from being stunned, I think. Is that what you wanted to do, or did you want to reroll your Damage Save Brother Shatterstone? Mind Mistress, Shift, ES2, actions please.

Darth Ecks

First Post
Shift teleports after Rave in order to find him. At the same time, he creates a duplicate of himself in the bank to help finish the job.

OOC: If the duplicate still has a half action left...

The duplicate Shift moves towards the nearest bad guy in an attempt to attack. If he can reach a bad guy, he punches him with Attack Finesse.

Shift uses duplication (half action) and teleports out of the bank (half action).
The duplicate (if possible) moves towards a bad guy and if within five feet punches him using Attack Finesse (half action)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Alicia Emmrich/Mistress Mind

OOC: HH I'm not sure how the two would be different? Just do it with the way you wrote it and shrug of the stun. If I get an actions this round:

1) I’ll bring up my force field.
2a)if there is another super powered being present, that is a threat, then I will attack him with my mind attack.

2b)If none and I can feel the presence of rave, the super hero that ran, I will inform the others of her escape route and if I’m in range I’ll try to attack her with my mental attack again.

2c)If the other two attacks, 2a and 2b, can’t done then I’ll drop “lefty” with a mental attack

Hammerhead

Explorer
The Dominatrix's Retaliation

The Mind Mistress, after recovering from Lefty's punch, launches her own mental blast at the drugged criminal, crushing his mind and sending the now-unconscious thug to the bank floor.

OOC: Mind Mistress attacks, hits with 17, thug fails Damage Save with an 18 and is knocked unconscious. You couldn't target Rave because she is out of your line of sight. The difference between rerolling a Damage Save and Recovering from Stun is that is you reroll, you still might fail and be stunned. However, if you recover, you are automatically unstunned but have a Stun hit on you, making it more likely for you to fail further Damage Saves.

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
Chloro will once again attempt to drop the thug he is fighting, this time putting all he has into the punch.

Punch +1 (Power attack +5), damage DC 29. He'll use his Takedown Attack on another nearby thug if he stuns/drops this one.

Hammerhead

Explorer
OOC: Sorry for not posting for a while, but I was waiting for ES2 to return. For now, I'll run him as an NPC. BTW, Darth Ecks, Rave is female.

The Teleporter's Turn, and Other Happenings

Miles, after creating a duplicate and shifting outside the bank, sees Rave running down an alleyway looking frantically behind her. Everyone else in the bank sees Miles shimmer or glow, and he then rushes forward to punch a bank robber, hitting him squarely in the jaw and knocking him down.

The sole remaining thug, overcome by battle frenzy, swings wildly at Chloro, striking the living plant in the face, hurting him. However, his attack proves useless as the plant-man's wound heals right before his eyes and the criminal's eyes widen in surprise. Of course, he isn't so surprised as to easily evade Chloro's clumsy strike.

Excited, the photographer rushes into the bank, where he had been watching from before. He begins to frantically take pictures of the battle. The man with no name finishes the fight, as his body turns to amorphous metal. He grabs the last thug and tosses him against the wall, knocking him unconscious.

OOC: Miles rolls a 21, hits the thug, thug rolls 15 on Damage Save and is knocked unconscious. The one remaining thug attacks, hits Chloro, Chloro fails his damage save with a 17 and takes one Stun hit, but Regenerates it. Chloro misses with a 5. The man with no name activates his Alternate Form, hits with a 19, the thug fails his Damage Save with a 9. The fight is now finished, except for tracking down Rave and finishing her.

Tokiwong

First Post
Jet sighs, and looks around, "Wow, that was cleared up pretty quickly!"

"One is still getting away Young Master," Black Crane replies with a sigh.

"I know! I am not blind, but can't I at least bask in my own glory of victory," he sighs and looks around for the cops.

Remove ads