• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Heroes of House Tharashk

Hoog

First Post
Dox "Thank you for the payment, I am looking forward to the time we can put our pay into a vault where it can be safe"
After dinner is over I will make my way back to the suite for a good nights rest.

Express

First Post
Gulo thinks for a moment, listening to Dox's questions and the answers. Then he asks, "How much trouble do you forsee from the locals here in the city? Also, building a Vault shall attract a great deal of attention, will Kundarak be providing additional support for its protection?"

Pausing Gulo turns to Cazanjan, "I shall of course assisst in any way that I may, sir."

cdsaint

First Post
"I really expect most of the locals to cause no problems. Once they start seeing improvement in their lives I even anticipate their support. It's the small groups that will be firmly against any modernization that I'm worried about. I'm already being bled by "bandits", employees go missing, or their bodies come floating down the river. And it's nothing I can prove, but my losses are double what my cousins are losing, so I feel I'm being targeted specifically.

I don't really expect that you four would undertake the actual construction of the vault. Once Cazanjan finds a site for the vault, House Kundarrak will send a team to do the actual construction. And then of course representatives from the house will stay to run the vault."

Jarval

Explorer
"I was specifically targeted by the abomination that attacked last night. Do the Cult of the Dragon Below carry a hatred of Warforged, or should I look for some other reasoning behind the assault?" Gamil asks. "To the best of my knowledge, I have done nothing to earn their hostility."

cdsaint

First Post
"To the best of my limited knowledge they harbor no specific ill will against warforged. It is not unheard of to find entire families strangled in their beds, all bearing marks indicating a choker was the culprit. Did it attack you unaware, or did you see it before it attacked? Perhaps it attacked you simply because of your sleep habits? Other than that, perhaps you should ask someone with more knowledge of The Cults than I have. A Gatekeeper would be a logical choice, and it would surprise no one for you to ask, as word of the attack has already spread. In the meantime I will check around and see who we have in the family who might know a thing or two about The Cults."

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Cazanjan raises an eyebrow ever so slightly at the beginning of Lord d'Tornn's speech, but then settles in, patiently listening. When the lord is finished, the dwarf says, "I will be happy to scout out a location for the vault. I was thinking that we might want to take advantage of Zharash'ak's location, climate, and design. In other words, we should be able to design a vault that is modern and functional without alienating, I hope, sects like the Gatekeepers or causing unnecessary complaints among the locals."

In response to the suggestion that Gamil speak with the Gatekeepers, Cazanjan nods. "I'd like to speak with the Gatekeepers as well. They could be helpful as we scout out a vault location, although they don't have to know why we ask what we ask."

Jarval

Explorer
"And I am eager to know the motives of my attackers, or those who directed it." Gamil adds emphatically to Cazanjan's words. "Where can we find a Gatekeeper who might be willing to talk with us? How opposed are they you your plans for modernisation?"

Express

First Post
Gulo listens, nodding. "Finding a Gatekeeper seems as good a place to begin as any. If can win them to our side, so much the better. If not then we know where we stand as soon as possible."

Hoog

First Post
Dox nods "Well I guess we know where to start this little party then. If you like I can look into the seedier sections of town for any signs of that damn group."

Remove ads