• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Heroes of House Tharashk

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Cazanjan looks at Dox, eyebrows raised. "Um, I'm sure we'll be able to find a Gatekeeper without going to the seedier parts of the town. Not that we don't want to go there eventually, but finding a Gatekeeper should be the least of our problems. And not one we wish to compound by going to the more dangerous sections of town." The dwarf takes a pull off his drink (whatever he had at dinner). 'That damn group?' What was that about?

cdsaint

First Post
Lord d'Tornn takes another pull off his mug of dark ale and says "I heard that Abynnon is in town, and even stopped by to introduce himself last night. The fact that he did is as much an invitation as you need to pay a social call on him, and he is one of the more respected Initiates in the area. I'm not sure where he stands, but the fact that you were attacked by a Choker will likely influence him somewhat. He hates the Cults of the Dragon Below with a passion that transcends all reason, and you know the saying about the enemy of my enemy. If he could be swayed to help us he could be a tremendous asset.

If you have some way to build the Vault without disturbing nature too much, that's also sure to please him, and if he has no objection, many common people and Gatekeepers will go along. Not to mention the fact that Abynnon is likely to know where sites are in the area that meet your criteria. All in all, I think that he would be an excellent place to start."

Old Fezziwig

"Excellent. If possible, I'd rather take advantage of the natural environment here than alter it. That failing, I'd rather use the existing infrastructure than build something entirely new."

cdsaint

First Post
With a light of speculation in his eyes Lord d'Tornn asks "Hmm, So by taking advantage of the natural environment as you say, would it be possible to build it in concealment? possibly even in secret?"

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

"Well, possibly, yes. The whole point to using the natural environment, the existing infrastructure, or even both would be to minimize the interruption to the daily life of the city. Some subterfuge would definitely be possible, although it probably wouldn't hold up to close scrutiny. Firstly, we've already got too many people around this table to keep a secret -- an old dwarven saying, you know: 'Three can keep a secret if two are dead.' So what we can hopefully do is eliminate the casually inquisitive and the easily frustrated; those who really want to know will find out anyway and have to be dealt with then."

Jarval

Explorer
Gamil sits quietly, the business of constructing and concealing a vault being outside of his experience.

But not for much longer. He thinks to himself with slight amusement.

cdsaint

First Post
At your mention of the old dwarven saying Lord d'Tornn laughs out loud and Drade smiles a tight lipped smile. Dox and Cazanjan
you see Willum get a rather disturbed look on his face for a breif moment.
"Well, you Dwarves certainly got that saying right! Ah well, I never expected total secrecy anyway, so nothing is really lost there. Just hopefully we can keep the grannies in Sharn from gossiping about our project over their laundry anyway!" He continues to chuckle for a bit, then says "Well and well enough! If there's nothing else I can do to aid you in your endeavors I'll be going then. I'll have to take the Swift back to Droamm tomorrow morning or House Deneith will be stealing all of my business. I thank you in advance for your efforts, and wish you a good night." With that Lord d'Tornn stands and leaves followed shortly by Drade. Willum d'Tornn also stands and says "It was good to meet you gentlemen, If there is anything you need please do not hesitate to call on me. Good evening." in a more urbane and cultured voice than you would have expected. At that he turns with a slight limp and follows after his father and his counselor.

Express

First Post
Gulo bids the lords goodnight. He considers all that has been said, his eyes lingering on Dox, as if studying him.

"Well" he says once the d'Torns have departed, "should we canvas this Abynnon, and try to suade him, or just begin scouting?"

He smiles wryly at Cazanjan "Any dwarven sayings on how to deal with fanatic cults and pesky druids?"

Old Fezziwig

In response to Gulo, Cazanjan grins. "Not exactly, but this does come to mind, at least for pesky druids: 'If you would persuade, you must appeal to interest rather than intellect.' I'd like to speak to Abynnon first, but if the majority want to scout first, that's fine, too. Might be good to stretch our legs."

Remove ads