The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

Llama_Bill

First Post
"Why there?" Illarion pauses while waiting for the answer

[sblock=Halfling]Krav and people have been shouting about the escaped halfling so I assume you already know who is on the roof. Here is a hint ... it is the halfling.

Has anyone not fighting the fire attempted to follow the halfling?[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
Noting that the halfling did not respond at all to Mab's shouts, Rysethynn opts not to chase after it. Haring off by herself didn't seem like a wise idea. Besides, she probably couldn't keep up with it anyway. Instead, she simply makes note of the direction in which it went and tries to pick up any details of it that she can for later use.

[sblock=ooc]Perception check: 1d20+7=24[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=Halfling]Krav and people have been shouting about the escaped halfling so I assume you already know who is on the roof. Here is a hint ... it is the halfling.

Has anyone not fighting the fire attempted to follow the halfling?[/sblock]

Halfing jumped out of the window and is presumably on the street level. Not on the roof.

Llama_Bill

First Post
Krav moves over to the chimney and looks up it for the body. As he is doing this he says almost to himself but loud enough for everyone in the room to hear, "Couldn't we get the body out from down here?"

[sblock=This stick is the wrong way round!?]Sorry I got the wrong end of the stick about the whole roof thing, I shouldn't post just after getting up.

Perception: 1d20=10[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

Devinihm sighs in relief as the fire is finally stopped.

"Thank you, Earth, for reconsidering. It was much harder without you."

Devinihm turns as Krav looks up the chimney.

"If Earth saw the body from outside, it is probably at the top of the chimney," the wilden suggests. "It would probably take less force to pull it from the top. Perhaps there are stairs down the hallway which may give us roof access?"

With that, Devinihm wanders back into the hall.

[sblock=OOC]Not sure if he needs it, since he probably either sees the stairs going up further or doesn't, but in case the roof access is a less-obvious attic door or something:

Perception check. (1d20+9=28)[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Hunted: Day 1, Hour 1, Minute 30

After searching around the building, there doesn't seem to be any way to get to the roof short of climbing the outside of the building. The building is about two-and-a-half stories tall at the lowest point.

Inside, the Chimney is not quite large enough for a normal person to fit through. A few broken bricks lie in the upper-most fireplace. Otherwise the Chimney is dark, probably due to a too-large-corpse being jammed into it.

[sblock=Climbing the outside of the building]Climbing the building requires two DC 15 Athletics checks to get up to the overhanging roof, then a DC 20 check to get onto the roof itself.

If any check is failed by 5 or more, then you fall off. Failing the first check results in no damage, failing the second or third results in 1d10 damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Climbing the chimney]Climbing the chimney is pretty much impossible unless you can squeeze yourself inside somehow. It requires a DC 25 Acrobatics check to squeeze in and then a DC 12 Athletics to climb. Failing the Athletics check doesn't result in you falling, but does result in you getting stuck, increasing the next Athletics check by 5. Fail too many and it might be bad...

Small characters would have no problem, but I don't think any of you are. Two of you are shapeshifters though, so I'll give you +5 to your Acrobatics checks to squeeze in if you want to try it.[/sblock]

Remove ads