• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

jkason

First Post
"Devinihm, can you turn into a swarm of insects and fly to the top of the chimney?" Asks Earth.

((OOC: This strikes me as one of the limitations of the 'unlimited wildshape' in 4e: a druid can turn into a swarm at will, but he can't fly unless he takes one of the few utility flight powers, which Devinihm doesn't have access to. I'm not quite sure how to account for that in any reasonable way IC, which is why I'm just tackling it OCC here. At best he could make a climb check, I think, though his climb skill isn't especially good...))

DMDanW

First Post
Xander remains in the courtyard staring at the broken leg and arm hanging out of the chimney while the others attempt to formulate a plan of action. After a few moments he seems to shake out of his momentary paralysis and makes his way over to the rest of the group.

"It appears that whatever killed that man jumped to the rooftop and deposited his corpse in the chimney. It seemed that you were to occupied with putting out that fire to have informed you earlier." Xander tells the others, although he does not seem very convincing in regards to his reason for his hesitation.

[sblock=OOC]
Sorry all for the delay. My PC died on me on Friday and only now have it back in working order. Now lets get up there and get that body....
[/sblock]

Llama_Bill

First Post
"As there aren't any stairs it looks like we'll have to climb up. You two hold onto this rope just in case I'm not as good at climbing as I think I am." with that said Krav starts to tie the rope around himself and forms a rough harness. As he gets ready to climb out of the window he hands his shield to Auntie Mab, "Look after that for me."
With that he climbs out the window and starts to scale the house. He looks to be struggling slightly getting to the over hang. Krav's approach to climbing appears to be hanging on as tightly possible and hoping he is strong enough not to fall. Once he reaches the overhang he easily pulls his massive form up, in one swift motion he is on his feet on the roof above you.
Krav then walks to the chimney and has a look in.

[sblock=Rolls]
1d20+9=15, 1d20+9=16, 1d20+9=29
Could I pull people up now that I'm here? Well help them by pulling.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Hunted: Day 1, Hour 1, Minute 33

Krav is now on the rooftops and finds them covered with broken slate tiles. The roof is pretty steep and its about ten feet to the chimney...

[sblock=Getting to the Chimney]You need to succeed at one DC 20 Acrobatics check. If you fail by 5 or more, you slip and have to make a DC 20 Athletics check to catch yourself or fall to the ground below suffering 2d10 damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Getting others up to the roof]To hold yourself in place long enough for someone to climb up you will take a DC 15 Acrobatics on the broken tile and DC 15 Athletics to brace yourself. People climbing the rope need a DC 10 Athletics check.[/sblock]

[sblock=Divinihm]Look at Climbing the Chimney in my previous post.[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Did you miss my last post, or did I get nothing out of it? I didn't see any sblocks for me, but I figured I was last on the page, so I could have been overlooked.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

Devinihm leans out the window and looks up at the roof incredulously.

"I am not as nimble as the agile animals I can imitate," he admits. "I think I would help most holding your safety rope, Krav, in case you slip."

[sblock=OOC]Sorry, missed the earlier post about the chimney climbing. Devinihm has a worse acrobatics check than his athletics check, and I foresee being stuck in that chimney happening way to easily.

Since the Krav post indicated he made himself a makeshift harness from his rope, though, can some number of us act as anchors in the case that he fails too many checks and starts to fall?[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=OOC]Sorry LadyLaw, your post was on the last page so I missed it. Your sblock is below.

As for holding his rope inside, you could do it. You'd have to make an Athletics check to catch him before he fell to far, but if you succeeded, you'd reduce the damage from 2d10 to 1d10 if he fell.[/sblock]

[sblock=Rysethynn]Where the halfling went is hard to say, since Daunton is a big place. The halfling, however, cut his face and arms pretty badly when he jumped out the window - he managed to pick one of the only ones with glass left in it...[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Can I take 20 on Acrobatics to squeeze in. With +5 I can manage, otherwise it's waiting for me to roll 16+.

Climbing is only DC 12 So I can manage pretty reliably.
Scratch that, I don't get +5 for climbing...there is a feat for just this situation :)

Still, I'll wait for our draconian friend

Last edited:

Llama_Bill

First Post
Krav gets on the most stable bit of roofing he can find and braces himself. "Earth keep hold of that end. I need help getting to the chimney, I need someone with good balance up here to get across the broken roof." shouts Krav into the house below him.

[sblock=Rolls]
Acrobatics then athletics - 1d20+1=18, 1d20+9=28
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads