• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Hunted: Day 1, Hour 1, Minute 35

Several minutes pass as the group tries to figure out what to do next; at least the dogs have finally quieted down...

LadyLaw

First Post
Rysethynn hands her shield to Mab. "Watch this fer me, will ya? Won' do no good while I be tryin' ter clib."

She puts hands on the rope and works her way up to the roof with Krav. She looks at the chimney more closely and shakes her head sadly.

"I dun think I kin do't, lad. I do have a r'lationship with the stone, but I dunna think this be somethin' I kin handle."

She tilts her head and examines the situation again.

"Mebbe I kin give ye a boost er somethin' an' tha'll help?"
She suggests hopefully. "Anyun have a large hook we could borrow?" she calls down to the others.

[sblock=rolls]Athletics to climb rope: 1d20+8=25

I was unsure if I still needed more than one. If I do, let me know and I'll roll them.[/sblock]

[sblock=climbing the chimney]Rysethynn actually cannot succeed. Even without the shield she's at a -1 to Acrobatics, so even a nat 20 would cause her to fail the check. I'm hoping we can improvise something else though with more than one of us up here.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Hunted: Day 1, Hour 1, Minute 36

Rysethynn scrambles up to the roof and stares at the slick broken slate shingles in dismay...

[sblock=OOC]I allow aid another checks that aren't the same as the check being made. For example, you might make a History check to aid someone's Arcana check if you can justify it helping. Just remember that the aid another DC is 10 + 1/2 your level. Success, they get +2, failure, they get -1.[/sblock]

Llama_Bill

First Post
"Could you give me a boost up?" asks Krav.
As soon as his feet leave the steady ground that Rysethynn's hands form the slates slide enough for the dragonborn to lose his footing completely. He rolls down the slanted roof for a mere moment before he goes off the edge. He manages to grab hold of the edge of the roof and hold his massive bulk aloft.
"This isn't going to work, either we need someone a bit more sure footed or someone needs to squeeze up the chimney. If not I'm getting Earth to pull it down," says Krav in a strained voice while still hanging from the gutters on the roof.

[sblock=Rolls]
Acrobatics=Drop: 1d20+1=2
Athletics=Catch:1d20+9=20
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Seeing the apparent difficulty in his companion's task, Earth decides to take cards on it, and watches for a more approachable angle to the chimney. He then goes on to climb up, sinking his stone hands inside the building for support.

Perception: 12
Athletics: 21

Auntie Mab sends Tristan to investigate the thing on the chimney. The squeaking rodent darts ahead and starts climbing with it's tiny pawns.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Hunted: Day 1, Hour 1, Minute 37

As Krav dangles from the roof, Earth finds a spot a bit closer to the chimney stuffed full of body and begins to climb.

[sblock=Krav]It'll be DC 15 Athletics to pull yourself up, though your check is at -1 since Earth failed in his assist.[/sblock]

[sblock=Earth]That's 1 check, 2 more to go (DC 15 to get to under the roof, DC 20 to get on it).[/sblock]

[sblock=Auntie Mab]The rat is at the top of the chimney, but the opening at the top seems to be stuff so tight into the chimney that even a rat can't squeeze through.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

As Krav stumbles and nearly falls, Devinihm starts, ready to hold the rope should he slip again.

"Perhaps we should just let the watch know that we have found the body," Devinihm says. "Lieutenant Areese must have people or equipment to take apart the chimney. Then we can examine the body later, and visit the other crime scenes now."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads