The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

I understand the reason people are doing so, but when enough of a thread becomes a sea of spoiler tags, I think I'm done there.
must make it hard when it comes to new shows on here then or at least shows based on an existing property like a video game.

Not sure if i've mentioned it but pluto tv the free streamer has a channel that's nothing but old car chases.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Elsethread...

I have trouble believing even you care this much - but accepting that - I don't believe you think many others actually do. Imagine if you harnessed that passion for something that would actually make a difference in the world!

overgeeked

B/X Known World
068E2331-871F-4941-8A93-D23A933E3538.jpeg

I question whether cats would really prey on tribbles unless starving. Stuffed ones don't purr the way a real tribble would, and they're so close to sessile that they'd be pretty boring to hunt. Might make a good "scratching post" toy, but actually killing them methodically seems a stretch - and do Klingons really like purring anyway? Tribbles don't do it around them in the first place, but I seem to recall them expressing a dislike for the sound anyway - which would be an issue with cats.

OTOH, my headcanon insists that cats are an excellent counter to Alien-style xenomorphs, who (going by screen evidence with Jonesy) are extremely cautious about getting anywhere near felines unless they're confined, and even then they back off when hissed at. There's probably some morphologically-similar predator species (possibly genetically engineered as such, given the need to be immune to acid and all that) that used to eat facehuggers and juvenile xenos somewhere in their past and hardcoded in their racial memory. Heck, maybe there were bigger ones that could bat queens around like mice...

My complete disregard for actual Alien franchise canon past the second movie makes that easier to sustain, of course.

Last edited:

Remove ads