The Immortal`s Handbook

Hi Melkor mate! :)

Melkor said:
By the way Upper Krust, do you have Faiths and Pantheons?

No.

Melkor said:
Is so, what is your opinion about this book?

From what little I know...

All the gods are much too similar for my tastes. Admittedly the mortal ascended gods incorporate a bit more variety.

They still retained the unbelievable waste of space with the Divine stat layout.

No (new) 'Chosen of' mechanics or examples.

That said I will likely pick the book up at some stage - but for now its not my priority.

Melkor said:
I think that they should have made 4 base Domains avalible to Faerunian Deities, considering how many additional Domains are in FRCS. Poor Elistraee(sp?) had to spend 4 from her not many Salient Abilities on additional Domains!

If they set 3 as the base then they should keep it at 3. If deities want to gain extra Domains they have that option.

Melkor said:
By the way, what is the diffrence between Esoteric and Salient Divine Abilities?

Salient abilities are common.

Esoteric abilities are secret (typically requiring adventures/quests before even learning about them) and require WP expenditure (of typically full Divine Ranks; often multiple Divine Ranks) to generate. They are much more powerful (than SDAs) and incorporate 'infinite' factors as well as a number of other interesting ideas.

eg. Severity (EDA) allows you to critical hit anything (Undead; Constructs; Oozes etc.) even bypassing Fortification.

Knight Otu

First Post
Hi, Upper_Krust and Melkor! :)

I have made up my mind about the Annihilating Strike issue, and the analogy to the Paladin's smite power sounds right :). (And who wants to argue with a god that managed to destroy five crystal spheres ;) - I was very impressed with your actions in the IR, Melkor).

Thanks for compliments Knight Otu! You have forgotten about the fact that those Crystal Spheres were rebuilt instantly in The Eternal Paradise known as Domain Of Hope! But I was close to the victory, nevertheless, it can`t be denied.

Anabstercorian

First Post
No worries, Melkor. Don't forget, you still have the Void as your eternal monument. Spelljamming ships will pass for centuries and gaze at it in trembling awe and whisper in hushed tones the name of the mad god "Melkor" and give praise to the highest powers in the heavens that he is locked away. Then you pop up and yell "booga booga!" and they :):):):) themselves.

Knight Otu

First Post
Melkor said:
You have forgotten about the fact that those Crystal Spheres were rebuilt instantly in The Eternal Paradise known as Domain Of Hope!
Psst! If we don't tell anyone, no one will know about it! ;)

But I was close to the victory, nevertheless, it can`t be denied.
You certainly were - I had thought that you made it when I read Edena's description of the expanding void.

Just remember that the Domain of Hope is just a "backup copy" of the real world. Copys tend to have errors compared to the original. Errors can be exploited ... ;)

Kalanyr

Explorer
No kidding they have errors, the perfect duplicate of all pain he ever inflicted prison, that was inescapable, seemed easy enough to escape.

kaboom

First Post
Ahem. I love talking about the IR, but it might be better if you did it somewhere else, instead of hijaking UK's thread.

That said, I have three questions about he WPS:

1) will the WPS be an independent book, or will people need D&Dgs to use it?

2) in what format are you planning on presenting it (PDF, softback, or hardcover?)

3) how much worship does a mortal need before he becomes a god?

Remove ads