The Immortal`s Handbook

Hi there kaboom! :)

kaboom said:
Ahem. I love talking about the IR, but it might be better if you did it somewhere else, instead of hijaking UK's thread.

Thats okay.

It was Melkor's thread anyway to be fair.

I often enjoy browsing through the IR threads - seems like everyone has a lot of fun (perhaps when I have more time I can join them?)

kaboom said:
That said, I have three questions about he WPS:

Sure, fire away! :)

kaboom said:
1) will the WPS be an independent book, or will people need D&Dgs to use it?

Its fully balanced to work with D&Dg (and indeed incorporates Divine Ranks). However, you won't actually 'need' D&Dg to use it (though they have a lot of SDAs you might want to use).

The problem in the rewrite was to balance everything with their work so its consistent - which I think I have done.

You don't need D&Dg for the Magic; Monster or Campaign sections (at all) - though as I mention below I did have to rebalance a lot of this stuff with D&Dg.

kaboom said:
2) in what format are you planning on presenting it (PDF, softback, or hardcover?)

Initially four .pdfs...

Faith
Magic/Magic Items
Monsters
Campaigns/Adventures

...which will hopefully be combined within a hardback format shortly thereafter. There may be a fifth section (and other additions) included in the hardcopy.

kaboom said:
3) how much worship does a mortal need before he becomes a god?

Its given as a variable in my book. However there is a definate standard I advocate.

You need approx.* 1500 worshippers to become a Hero-deity. Before that are Disciples; after that Demigods.

*No point going into details now, the IH simplifies everything in that regard.

Hi Buddha mate! :)

Buddha the DM said:
UK: Sounds like the book is starting to shape up very nicely.

Thanks! :)

There are a lot of juicy elements in there.

Buddha the DM said:
I look forward to the time when I have a chance to read through it.

I look forward to getting the time to finish it! (WotC springs their competition last week; and I have a 5 day business course to attend here spread over the next week or so - I just can't seem to grab some quality time to put this thing to bed. :confused:

Serpenteye

First Post
Upper_Krust said:

You need approx.* 1500 worshippers to become a Hero-deity. Before that are Disciples; after that Demigods.

Hi U_K, your work intrigues me.

Some questions:
How long time does it take for worship to become worship points and affect the power of the deity? Is there a delay or is it instant?

Example: A ruthless dictator of a powerful nation uses his political power and an intense propaganda campaign to force and convince the people to worship him. After a couple of months he is accepted as the one God by millions of people and as his empire expands like a malignant cancer upon the multiverse he is eventually worshipped by hundreds of billions of individuals in hundreds of spheres. ;)

How long time would it take, under your system, for him to become a greater (or over-) God?
Approximately how many worshipers are needed to become a God of any given kind (demi- inter- etc.)?
Do the levels or mental stats of the worshipers make any difference for the value of their worship? (ex. 50HD dragons are more valuable than your average goblin?)

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
Hi, all :)

Serpenteye said:

Example: A ruthless dictator of a powerful nation uses his political power and an intense propaganda campaign to force and convince the people to worship him. After a couple of months he is accepted as the one God by millions of people and as his empire expands like a malignant cancer upon the multiverse he is eventually worshipped by hundreds of billions of individuals in hundreds of spheres. ;)
I wonder who you are referring to? ;) :D

I'm sorry for starting the IR-discussion in this thread, but due to Melkor, Serpenteye and a few other players in the IR, I don't think that it is too off-topic to talk about certain aspects of the game here. Of course, there have ben instances where my reasoning was flawed, and this might be one of these instances ;).

Gez

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Hi, all :)

I wonder who you are referring to? ;) :D

:(
A real-world example could be North Korea... A sect the size of a country... A prison the size of a country, also...
:(

Serpenteye said:

Hi Serpenteye! :)

Serpenteye said:
your work intrigues me.

Hopefully it can intrigue and enlighten in equal measure!? ;)

Serpenteye said:
Some questions:

Sure, fire away!

Serpenteye said:
How long time does it take for worship to become worship points and affect the power of the deity? Is there a delay or is it instant?

Its instantaneous for worship to convert to worship points.

Serpenteye said:

Ah, the Caesar Syndrome...

Well firstly, having worship points alone does not make you a god (though the DM could 'Rule-0' it). There are a number of other Pre-requisites and Quests (to gain initial Domains; join Pantheons; divine ascension etc.).

Secondly, you have to determine* how sincere the worship is. Though worship can be Fear as much as Love.

Worship Points are determined via Events (saying more than that will give too much away - but its very simple). ;)

Serpenteye said:
How long time would it take, under your system, for him to become a greater (or over-) God?

It all depends on the Events influencing the people.

He might want everyone to think hes a god but it would be much better to 'sell' the idea after conquering the world (or another such positive major event/show of power or prowess).

It will also depend on your campaign. If your campaign has multiple worlds it will have more potential worshippers and therefore more potential power to go around.

Serpenteye said:
Approximately how many worshipers are needed to become a God of any given kind (demi- inter- etc.)?

Like I mentioned in a previous post in this thread the amount is variable (as the DM sees fit).

ie. the DM may want to have a closed cosmology (like FR) but still have a large number of greater gods.

Though I do have a standard figure. Demigods need 100+ clerics others need x10 that amount (Greater Gods need 100,000+ Clerics).

Serpenteye said:
Do the levels or mental stats of the worshipers make any difference for the value of their worship? (ex. 50HD dragons are more valuable than your average goblin?)

No, only the measure of honest devotion varies the figure. Levels do not matter, however, some powerful creatures will generate the maximum amount (as per Clergy), such as Dragons. Deities worshipping you (or sponsored by you; under your Patronage) generate more than Clerics.

Hi Serpenteye mate! :)

Serpenteye said:
Interesting... :)

I'm looking forward to reading the completed rules, what I've seen of your work so far has been excellent.

I've generally been very brief up to now on certain issues (such as gaining WP) - primarily this is because the idea itself is pretty simple while at the same time allowing as much conceivable diversity.

Other aspects (like monsters or magic) are based on extensive research and a lot of imagination - I hope everyone will get a kick out of them!?

Remove ads