• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Immortal`s Handbook

Hello matey! :)

Impeesa said:
No problem, if you didn't have a day job you wouldn't be able to eat... and then you couldn't write for us. ;)

Actually I am not currently working - thats how I am able to write for you! ;)

Impeesa said:
Business course, huh? Just out of curiosity, what is your day job?

I have done some Freelance Graphic Design and aided in a number of Website Designs. But I want to get this book (and a few other projects) out of the way before I return to other work.

Impeesa said:
Right, but is it possible then to have a hero-deity at 12th level provided he's somehow gained sufficient worshippers?

I don't advocate allowing PCs to become deities before 20th-level but a DM could always 'Rule-O' it.

Impeesa said:
I got that - what I was referring to was the FR method of handling ECL, where playing a more powerful race shifts your xp table up. For example, an Aasimar (ECL +1) needs as much xp to go from level 4 to 5 as a human does to go from 5 to 6. If this isn't accounted for with the increased power of a newly ascended deity who is still facing regular encounters, his advancement could speed up. Not that I doubt you, of course. ;)

Remember that I don't advocate deities less than 20th-level!

The difference between needing 21,000 and 29,000 is negligable - given the challenges such beings need to face.

S'mon

Legend
Upper_Krust said:
Hello matey! :)

Actually I am not currently working - thats how I am able to write for you! ;)

Craig I believe is a member of the proud Benefit-Claiming Profession.
I tried it once but found it was too hard work...:p

Impeesa

Explorer
S'mon said:

Craig I believe is a member of the proud Benefit-Claiming Profession.
I tried it once but found it was too hard work...:p

I had a sneaky suspicion that was the case... ;) Ah well, all the better for us. :D

--Impeesa--

Hi Anubis mate! :)

Anubis said:
Hey yo . . . UK . . . Wassup?

See my next post.

Anubis said:
Just checking and wondering when your book will be finished and/or published. Any ETA yet?

I have had my fingers burnt too many times giving out speculative dates. I should have two of the four .pdf sections finished by the end of June.

Asgard 6 article (by yours truly)

Hi all! :)

Just thought I should mention that I have an article in Asgard 6 (pg. 29-30). You can download it here:

http://www.d20reviews.com/asgard.htm

Its basically explaining how to develop ECLs and modify CRs for any and all creatures (including gods).

Incidently (because D&Dg is not SRD yet we could not use the term Divine Rank so you know when I say add between +12 and +28 ECL for Demigods that its:

+12 ECL (Divine Rank 1)
+16 ECL (DR2)
+20 ECL (DR3)
+24 ECL (DR4)
+28 ECL (DR5)
etc.
(effectively +8 ECL for DR0 and an extra +4 per additional DR)

The people working on the magazine wanted something that pretty much every campaign could use (and I wasn't yet ready to divulge worship point specific material; since without the rules themselves it would have led to too many questions). A few other article ideas - monsters; magic and so forth, were rejected.

I hope people find the article useful? I think it is a very accurate way of determining CR for ANY creature. I would love to hear what anyone thinks?

poilbrun

Explorer
I've read it and it's hardly new stuff for me, but I tyhink it's useful to have it explained fully and clearly in one place. And it's a good preview for the IH since it shows us the tone you use when writing :)

Hi poilbrun mate! :)

(good luck to Belgium on Monday - tough match)

poilbrun said:
I've read it and it's hardly new stuff for me,

Well the ELH 'calculator' is new! ;)

poilbrun said:
but I think it's useful to have it explained fully and clearly in one place.

:)

poilbrun said:
And it's a good preview for the IH since it shows us the tone you use when writing :)

Well it only really goes into mechanical explanation (I like lots of examples), if they had went with the monster article perhaps you would have seen more of my 'prose' style (or lack thereof! ;) ).

So I hope everyone who reads the article can understand the concept easily enough!?

poilbrun

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:
I have had my fingers burnt too many times giving out speculative dates. I should have two of the four .pdf sections finished by the end of June.
Does finished means published? Because you could publish the various pdf at various times I suppose, if some of the sections are not dependent on other (for example, the monster section may not need the faith section to be useable)...

Anyway, any news about the time when D&Dg will be in the SRD? WotC seems to be willing to put the ELH quickly in it, but will they put D&Dg in it before?

Remove ads