The Immortal`s Handbook

AGGEMAM

First Post
Hello U K mate,

after having read both the D&Dg and the ELHb throuroughly, I believe, from what I read until now about your IHB, that the IHB will be a cross between the two.

Believe you me, the ELHb really is a great book, I hope the IHB will equally good. I'm sitting on the edge of my seat, waiting for you to finish it.

Hi poil brun mate! :)

poilbrun said:
Does finished means published?

Depends on whether we decide to include artwork in the initial .pdfs releases.

Also depends on D&Dg entering the SRD - the Faith section definately requires this; the others may not (but I would like to release the Faith section first since even though the others can be used independantly they are better when they feed off each other).

poilbrun said:
Because you could publish the various pdf at various times I suppose, if some of the sections are not dependent on other (for example, the monster section may not need the faith section to be useable)...

I agree. I would like to release the Faith section first with others to follow at intervals of a week or two.

poilbrun said:
Anyway, any news about the time when D&Dg will be in the SRD?

Nothing new - I will have to email WotC very shortly to hear what they have to say.

poilbrun said:
WotC seems to be willing to put the ELH quickly in it, but will they put D&Dg in it before?

I agree they seem to be making more noise about placing the ELH in the SRD.

AGGEMAM said:
Hello U K mate,

Hi AGGEMAM mate! :)

Hope you're keeping well!?

AGGEMAM said:
after having read both the D&Dg and the ELHb throuroughly, I believe, from what I read until now about your IHB, that the IHB will be a cross between the two.

Well I have read D&Dg; but not the ELH thoroughly (its not out until July!) :D

D&Dg was disappointing in my opinion.

The primary goal of the IH is to facilitate campaigns where PCs are Deities - in that respect it shares many traits with the ELH (which seeks to facilitate campaigns where PCs are Epic Level).

However, there is a strong secondary goal of the IH which is to develop; expand and detail campaign world religions.

AGGEMAM said:
Believe you me, the ELHb really is a great book,

I plan on getting it! ;)

AGGEMAM said:
I hope the IHB will equally good.

I hope people will enjoy it! :)

AGGEMAM said:
I'm sitting on the edge of my seat, waiting for you to finish it.

Thanks to everyone! I appreciate the patience. :)

AGGEMAM

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Hope you're keeping well!?

Trying to ... it's 25 degrees celcius at 8:45 pm in fricking Denmark ... I think I'm burning up.

And on top of that, we lost this weekend to a miserable English team. Give me NI any day, at least they have some good players, like Aaron Hughes ...

Aggeman, you have read the final version of ELH? I assume you can`t reveal much, but I am curious about the number of monsters, spells and feats that are in. Are some Epic Monsters inspired by real world mythology?

AGGEMAM

First Post
Melkor said:

Hi Melkor,

Btw it is Aggemam with an 'm' in the end

you have read the final version of ELH?

Well, it is a pre-print version, not the infamous playtest version, so I'm pretty sure they won't change much.

I assume you can`t reveal much,

Correct.

but I am curious about the number of monsters, spells and feats that are in.

Without counting them I would estimate about 150 feats, 25 spells, and 25 monster. The spells listed are just put there to give examples of epic spells you could create.

Are some Epic Monsters inspired by real world mythology?

If they are, it is a totally unfamiliar mythology to me! Most just look like suped up versions of regular monster.

Last edited:

Posted by Aggemam:

Without counting them I would estimate about 150 feats, 25 spells, and 25 monster. The spells listed are just put there to give examples of epic spells you could create.

What?! In the this month`s In The Works at Wizard`s site, they mention that there are " many, many epic monsters that fill pages 155 through 230". Do 25 monsters fit into 75 pages?

Last edited:

Hi AGGEMAM mate! :)

AGGEMAM said:
Trying to ... it's 25 degrees celcius at 8:45 pm in fricking Denmark ... I think I'm burning up.

Nice - it was pretty good here today too! :)

AGGEMAM said:
And on top of that, we lost this weekend to a miserable English team.

Peter Schmichel looked gutted on british television. :(

AGGEMAM said:
Give me NI any day, at least they have some good players, like Aaron Hughes ...

Unfortunately too few good players - but its a young team; hopefully, with a bit of luck, we can get to the 2004 European Championships or the next World Cup?

Hello again mate! :)

AGGEMAM said:

Andy Collins told me that there were between 40-60 monsters in the ELH.

As Melkor (hello mate! :) ) pointed out they revealed that their are 75 pages of monsters. That would imply at least 50.

So you mustn't have the final version - is your book 320 pages?

bing

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
So you mustn't have the final version - is your book 320 pages?

Maybe he is talking about the playtest version that is floating around the Internet. I haven't seen it, but I 'heard' it was 135 pages long. :)

Remove ads