• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Invasion of Mori OOC [3.5][planar][PAUSED]

moritheil

First Post
Just get it in ASAP. You have a little leeway since it's going to be RP for a bit as chars are introduced. I'd like you to be done with your sheet by the time all the others are done with theirs, though ;)

Fenris2

First Post
moritheil said:
Fenris2, I don't have Complete Mage, so I'll need you to detail what you get out of your Abjur Champ levels on your char sheet. Using the class is no problem, though. :)

EDIT: I see that you have already done so. Excellent!

Yeah its a pretty neat Prc, one of the better mage ones if you want a warrior mage type.

One question, I left an alternate spell like ability listed for Drax's dread warrior 6th SP from spell stitched goodies. I am not sure how you feel about unlimited (ore or less) intelligent undead creation but given SP removes material componets for whcih XP is listed... Might want to take a peak. For quick reference you can catch the spell in unapprochable east, and maybe elsewhere.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Greetings, I glad to see this game is still alive!

Now that I’ve caught up with the OCC threat, I’m no long confused with what’s going on IC :heh:

Kelteror (my character) is more of a melee combatant. However, with a disguise skill check at +26, he should be OK for more subtle endeavors.

Allright, lets get back at it!
Cheers,

SG

Toptomcat

First Post
Hi there. I heard on the recruiting thread that you folks had room for an alt or three. I'm thinking a LE Warforged monk, an escaped Yugoloth magical expiriment who found enlightenment in slaughter.
Mechanically, it will be a beatdown-monk, utilizing the synthesis of Improved Natural Attack, the BO9S' Superior Unarmed Strike and Stone Dragon stances/maneuvers, the PHB II's Decisive Strike substitute class feature, the Eberron Campaign Setting's battlefist, and the monk's belt to strike for double damage as a Gargantuan monk of 22nd level.
That sound good? I've got the mechanics all ready if you'll give me the go-ahead.

Last edited:

Would there happen to be even an ALT space left so one can wait until possible promotion to active status? If so, I have a couple of questions. As far as the ability scores go, how do you calculate bonuses presented by playing a monstrous race? Same question but with skills and ranks for said skills, as well. Also, seeing as how I wouldn't want to play a demon besides a babau (and I'm reluctant to even it of all things due to slow class level advancement, given the circumstances), could anyone essentially sum up at least some number of non-undead (straight-foward), non-fiend (no half-fiends, tieflings, yugoliths, etc.), and other beings of the like, gathered into some sort of generally grouping system, that one could potentially use, if possible? I'd like to check my options. No matter if it is not possible though. I'll still make a babau just in case if I were to have waited too long and ALT spaces were to fill up before other ideas circulated. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
Slave of the Scythe said:
Would there happen to be even an ALT space left so one can wait until possible promotion to active status? If so, I have a couple of questions. As far as the ability scores go, how do you calculate bonuses presented by playing a monstrous race? Same question but with skills and ranks for said skills, as well. Also, seeing as how I wouldn't want to play a demon besides a babau (and I'm reluctant to even it of all things due to slow class level advancement, given the circumstances), could anyone essentially sum up at least some number of non-undead (straight-foward), non-fiend (no half-fiends, tieflings, yugoliths, etc.), and other beings of the like, gathered into some sort of generally grouping system, that one could potentially use, if possible? I'd like to check my options. No matter if it is not possible though. I'll still make a babau just in case if I were to have waited too long and ALT spaces were to fill up before other ideas circulated. Thank you for your time.

Well slaads are sometimes found in the Abyss, but they have the same high HD/LA problem. You'd have to check with Moritheil, but a drow might be acceptible since Lolth lives on the plane. With the right backstory, all sorts of things might be allowable.

Thank you for the suggestions. What about determining skill information and ability score adjustments for monstrous beings?

Edit: Well, never mind about the ability score adjustment process as I was directed to the DMG (should have looked there earlier but I guess I honestly thought there wasn't that sort of info in there, oh well). But when I looked to see anything about the way to determine the number of skill points and class skills (if the latter applies), the section is confusing and very brief. Anyone care to elaborate if they know what I'm talking about?

In other news, I've decided to just be a babau like I originally thought as I couldn't find anything else I would have liked to play that also qualifies as logically fitting into the campaign, considering the location.

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
Outsiders get 8+Int skill points/level and have the skills listed on the creature listing as class skills.

Oh, and MM2 has a variety of low HD demons you might want to check out, but you'd need to ask for an LA for them.

Last edited:

Remove ads