The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Malanore

First Post
Hurrying to catch up Shayla arrives at the embassy prior to the 4th bell, hoping not to be late to such an important assignment.

[sblock=ooc]I'm going to make some rolls to get some knowledge out of the way and to try out my new account on invisible castle and see if I can get the link think working like others around here[/sblock]
[sblock=skill checks]
Do I know anything about the history of the Jade Frontier
History 12
Do I notice anything unusual about the area
Perception 18
Does the area around the embassy seem natural or has the presence of the embassy harmed the land.
Nature 11
[/sblock]

Seeing her compatriots in the park and deciding that would make a much more pleasant place to pass the time than in the hard angled military style of the Jade Frontier embassy, Shayla comes to join them. "I don't suppose the Iron General himself has come, even if this is a most formidable looking building. Who do you suppose this Hedorai Litora is were are to meet with? I do hope there are more tree's in the Jade Frontier than in this place."

[sblock=Shayla stat block]Shayla- Female Elf Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15
AC:16, Fort:10, Reflex:12, Will:17 -- Speed:6
HP:20/20, Bloodied:10, Surge Value:5, Surges left:6/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Sacred Flame
Lance of Faith
Divine Glow
Healing Word x2
Elven Accuracy
Channel Divinity
Hunter's Quarry
Beacon of Hope
Group Awareness: Non-elf allies within 5 squares gain a +1 racial bonus to perception checks
[/sblock]

rumleech

Explorer
Mr Bricks winks at Chey "Some people think I'm only cheerful in order to divert their attention while I nick their stuff. Hallo you two", he greets Patronis and Shayla. "Anyone have any ideas what's troubling the Kingdom?"

[sblock=Working Stat Block]
Mr, Bricks
Human Rogue 1
Init +4/Passive Insight 16 - Passive Perception 17
HP 24/24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6; Surges Per Day 7/7
Action Points 1 Second Wind Unused
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 17 Will 13 - Speed 6 Size Medium Saving Throws +1
Str 12 (+1) Dex 18 (+4) Wis 12 (+1)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 15 (+2)
Basic Attack: Dagger/Short Sword Attk: +5/+4 Dmg 1d4+1/1d6+1
Ranged Basic Attack: Sling/Dagger Attk: +6/+8 Dmg: 1d6+4/1d4+4
Range: 10/20 and 5/10
Powers
Sly Flourish
Piercing Strike
Deft Strike

Positioning Strike
Trick Strike

[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

with a look of surprise she says to Mr. Bricks. Oh! And when they think that are they usually correct? She scrutinises his face closely for his reaction to the question

[sblock= Sense Motive Check]Insight (1d20+6=20)[/sblock]

Greetings Shayla, it's nice to meet you properly, she smiles. I'm afraid I know nothing of the Jade kindom, or even this one for that matter. She looks over to Patronis, and it's nice to see you again, i can actually see the slightest hint of your face under that hood; out here in the daylight.

Just two more to wait for then. That girls reaction to the Feywild was a little odd, no? I wonder what happened to her...
Chey's vision slides back to the clouds passing over head and her face turns distant with thought.

rumleech

Explorer
Touching the side of his nose with his finger, Mr Bricks goes to shake the hand of his 'dart buddy'.

[sblock=OOC] Well that's it from me for tonight I'm off to watch "Watchmen" at the Imax[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar stomps up to the party in his heavy armor, "I apologize for being late I wanted to grab some supplies before leaving on the mission." He takes a seat at one of the benches with a minimum of clanking.

[sblock=OOC]
I'm in the central time zone GMT -6:00 by the way.
[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=Shayla] The Kingdom of Jade is a land whose reigning class fell to a race of demons known as the Oni generations ago. Since then it has been ruled by the leader of the military, known as the Iron Shogun or Iron General. Recently they have adapted a more acsetic lifestyle to stem the corruption of the Oni and their shadowpacts.

Nothing is unusual about the area.

And if anything the embassy has improved the area. This garden shows extensive tending, and is lush full of growth.[/sblock]

Malanore

First Post
"Thank you, I'm sorry, I only caught the tail end of the conversasion at the tavern and feel I've been running around crazy ever since. I didn't get a chance to meet any of you properly, yes I'm Shayla Brightleaf and I didn't catch any of your names."

Shayla takes a seat and relaxes a bit in the company of her fellows thowing the edges of her travelers cloak over her shoulders to display a suit of chain armor worn over very fine but worn out clothing.

"I remember reading a little about the Jade Frontier when I was younger. From what I can tell, they are militaristic out of necessity. Demons called Oni, which I believe our emissary was referring to as the shadow, devastated the lands decades ago. Since then the survivors live in constant war with these Oni under the leadership of a military leader called the Iron General."
she looks around the garden and pond, "It appears that despite the focus on strategic superiority, they do have an appreciation for some things asthetic as well, I imagine such things would be a sign of hope during times of constant war, especially if you refer to your enemy as the shadow." Shayla looks a bit sad as she contemplates what the average person in the Jade Frontier has to live with on a daily basis. "Unfortunately I've never been very good with the arcane so I know nothing further about these Oni than what I've read."

Then looking at the sky "I do hope our last member arrives soon, it's almost 4th bell"

[sblock=timezone]I also am in central time zone but generally keep some weird hours so that's not the best way to figure out when I'll be online[/sblock]

[sblock=skills]somehow this party ended up with a minimum of a +6 in every skill except acrobatics and dungeoneering and we have a +4 and +5 in those respectively. Impressive![/sblock]

Last edited:

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] That is kind of impressive. Heh I'm more interested in how your party dynamic works but we shall see. I'll give Miranna until the end of the day or so then I'll continue as f she were here.[/sblock]

rumleech

Explorer
"I'm a city boy at heart but even I have to say it's a very pleasant change to get to be in a bit o' green every now and then."

[sblock=OOC]With such a wide variety of skills available to us maybe we should call ourselves something like the Eclectic Crusaders.

No, no, you're quite right, it's rubbish.:)[/sblock]

[sblock=Working Stat Block]
Mr, Bricks
Human Rogue 1
Init +4/Passive Insight 16 - Passive Perception 17
HP 24/24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6; Surges Per Day 7/7
Action Points 1 Second Wind Unused
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 17 Will 13 - Speed 6 Size Medium Saving Throws +1
Str 12 (+1) Dex 18 (+4) Wis 12 (+1)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 15 (+2)
Basic Attack: Dagger/Short Sword Attk: +5/+4 Dmg 1d4+1/1d6+1
Ranged Basic Attack: Sling/Dagger Attk: +6/+8 Dmg: 1d6+4/1d4+4
Range: 10/20 and 5/10
Powers
Sly Flourish
Piercing Strike
Deft Strike

Positioning Strike
Trick Strike

[/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
Patronis surveys the embassy as well and tries to recall history of this land perhaps in his studies not only of the embassy but of the Jade Frontier as well. He looks about using his street skills to better assess how the area is doing locally and what shops and such they had in the area.... handy information I tell you. Patronis uses his insight to gather information from passers by about local rumors.... sadly.. local rumors can turn into monster fact VERY quickly if deciphered correctly. Patronis knows this used to be Genasi territory from what that man said in the tavern.... he uses his knowledge of the arcana to see if that tells him anything about the area.. or anything else about anything for that matter. Patronis also uses his knowledge in thievery to discern if this place has much traffic in pickpockets or lifters.... he searches the few people walking by to make sure none of them are coming near the party with such intent....

Hmm?... oh... Patronis is my name m'lady.... sorry... I have like five different things running through my mind right now.. I'm trying to piece together a good working metal model of how this area works to better assist us..."

[sblock=Skills Abundant!]1d20+7=12(Arcana), 1d20+7=26(History), 1d20+7=26(Streetwise), 1d20+6=19(Insight), 1d20+6=12(Thievery)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads