• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Just so you all know I'm around and just letting you do your thing until you decide to do something that requires my input, otherwise carry on :p[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

(Providing we make it back to the billet without incident.) Mr Bricks looks around his new friends, "We have to think about if we need to scout round the town tonight and if so how we're going to do it and what we hope to gain out of it."

Chey looks up for possibly the first time since the group left the tavern; "I personally would like to stay inside until it is light out." Her voice is almost a whisper, "But," she adds quickly; "if everyone else is going, i do not wish to stay here alone." Chey seems visibly shaken by something, her hands fidget and her eyes keep darting to the door.

Rathan

First Post
Patronis moves to Chey and puts his arm over hers not touching her yet though.... he looks to her to make sure she knows the touch is coming.. the same respect he would want not liking to be touched and all and pulls her a aside a moment....

Softly he speaks to her.. "Something has you... anxious Chey... is there.. something you'd like to talk to me about.... we could wait for the others to go.. or go outside and talk if you want some privacy? the warlock says as he offers her a chance to air her fear, whatever that may be....

Fragsie

Explorer
"Something has you... anxious Chey... is there.. something you'd like to talk to me about.... we could wait for the others to go.. or go outside and talk if you want some privacy?

Chey looks at Patronis with eyes as wide full moons; if ever there was a look that could move one to tears this is it! Her bottom lip trembles as she gives him an almost inperceivable nod. But somewhere in the back of her mind Cheysuli notes that this mystery of a man; who did not like her reaching for him before, was now reaching for her.

"I must seem such a whelp, on the verge of blubbering so..." She looks around at her other companions, "I'm sorry."
Where once there was a huntress in stages chirpy and furious, there now seems to be nothing but a lost girl.
She turns back to Patronis "I would like to talk with you pack-mate, if the others go, we shall stay and talk." A sigh escapes her lips, "Perhaps talking it through will... Make it more... Bearable. I know i have to face him sometime, but i need time to get stronger first."

Momentarily calmed by Patronis' empathy, Chey remembers something that she meant to tell the group. Though her voice still wavers, she's determined not to let the party down. "The musician; Sakura... i think she is more than she at first seems... Connected to the lordship somehow... Anyway, a friend of hers dissapeared recently, and the rumour is; he was within the town walls at the time. She mentioned that he was recently bought out of his shop by some man named Bairdon from Barcate, is that far away? Anyway, i thought it might be worth investigating..."
Chey trails off and seems to retreat back into her thoughts

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
"Interesting.... Patronis stated as he too needed to speak to this Sakura woman... funny you should mention that name.. I found a painting pertaining to Palladys in the Inn this even that may have something to do with our mission.. I wanted to ask her about it but she slipped away before I could do so.. and then with the Inn closing for the night I am forced to wait until tomorrow.. perhaps we can both go see her tomorrow as it might help us both a great deal in gathering information... Patronis stated to take Chey's mind off what was really bothering her.. at least for the moment... "who is this 'him' of which you speak, that is if you don't mind me asking... I'll completely understand if you wish to remain close-lipped about it. I above most know the value of keeping information best left unsaid just that.. Patronis added quietly to the obviously upset pack-mate...

Malanore

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Agreed, couldn't get on at all with traveling and limited access. However, I am headed back home Tuesday so should be back to posting a bit around Wednesday or Thursday[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

Patronis said:
"Interesting.... Patronis stated as he too needed to speak to this Sakura woman... funny you should mention that name.. I found a painting pertaining to Palladys in the Inn this even that may have something to do with our mission.. I wanted to ask her about it but she slipped away before I could do so.. and then with the Inn closing for the night I am forced to wait until tomorrow.. perhaps we can both go see her tomorrow as it might help us both a great deal in gathering information...

The distraction of current events calms Cheysuli a bit more. "I would be glad to join you tomorrow, and i would enjoy meeting Sakura again. I definately think there is more going on here than just antsy kobolds. We've been here but a few hours and already we are deep in intrigue." She says to the group. "There may well be vital clues out there in the town, so i think is a good idea to have a little scout around while everyone is abed; but with the mood being what it is i think we should make special efforts not to bring suspicion upon ourselves. A smaller scounting group would be more discreet; and if you are amoung that group Brenwar, i would recommend you go without that shiny-noisy armour!"
Chey gives Brenwar a slightly embaressed smile to make sure she doesn't offend. "Patronis, Myself, and anyone else who does not join the scouting group can stay here and put what we have discovered and what we suspect to paper; perhaps we can divine a pattern or decide on a route of investigation?"
Patronis said:
"who is this 'him' of which you speak, that is if you don't mind me asking... I'll completely understand if you wish to remain close-lipped about it. I above most know the value of keeping information best left unsaid just that..

The look of worry immediately returns to Chey's silver eyes, she turns back to Patronis; "H-He is the reason that i am here with you, and no longer with my father in the 'Wilds, the reason i cannot truely mourn a great man because his soul was not allowed to join the Spirits..."
For the briefest moment a terrorfying anger seems to radiate out from the purple haired tiefling. "And he is the reason that i intend to become a fearsome warrior; that i may be able to take my vengence!"
As quickly as the anger had come, it went again. "But it has not even been a season yet since the ogre mage destroyed my life, I'm not ready to face him. I pray to the spirits, and even to these gods that you follow away from the 'Wilds; that he is not here."
Almost on the verge of tears again, but her piece said, for now. Chey annouces that she is going to look around their new lodgings and discover what there is to be discovered.

Perception, add another +1 from Shayla if it counts. (1d20+1=10)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads