• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Rathan

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I don't either really... not much at ALL but my Problem Down Under seems to be doing alright so far save for a couple of little hiccups heh.... you're doing just fine by MY standards ;)[/sblock]

rumleech

Explorer
"None, the less Miranna, I think an evening at the tavern may prove to be educational."

[sblock=ooc and streetwise]I might also be able to question the local Association of Professionally Dishonest Persons.

Streetwise roll (1d20+2=6) just in case it was needed but looking at it I think it is more likely to start a bar-room brawl than produce useful info :blush:[/sblock]

[sblock=Working Stat Block]
Mr, Bricks
Human Rogue 1
Init +4/Passive Insight 16/Passive Perception 17
HP 24/24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6; Surges Per Day 6/7
Action Points 0 Second Wind Unused
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 17 Will 13 - Speed 6 Size Medium Saving Throws +1
Str 12 (+1) Dex 18 (+4) Wis 12 (+1)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 15 (+2)
Basic Attack: Dagger/Short Sword Attk: +5/+4 Dmg 1d4+1/1d6+1
Ranged Basic Attack: Sling/Dagger Attk: +6/+8 Dmg: 1d6+4/1d4+4
Range: 10/20 and 5/10
Powers
Sly Flourish
Piercing Strike
Deft Strike

Positioning Strike
Trick Strike

[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
"At the very least an evening in the tavern will be good for the spirits. Shall we scout out our lodgings for tonight and then make our way to the tavern?"

ukingsken

First Post
The few people Mr. Bricks approaches are insulted by his insinuation that any kind of criminal organisation exists in their small town. Most stoicly ignore him. One elderly dragonborn male however, his scales a dusky brownish grey, stops to speak with Mr. Bricks.

Are you daft child? This town in it's heydey barely had 2000 residents, and now we're lucky if we have 200, children included. Times are rough here but we are simple farmers, people of the earth. What would thieves even steal? Now cultists, we've had our share of those, why I remember...

Oh never mind never mind, you don't want to listen to me talk. Well its that time. Sakura is about to start, and I want to get my table and my tea.

With that he bustles past you toward the gate, and heads into a building that must be the tavern. Moving in the same direction you see a sign hanging above the door. A few words in Draconic sit on the sign above a beautifully rendered Lotus Flower, whose petals are made entirely of metal.

[sblock=ooc] Thats pretty close to what I envision painted on the sign[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

"Well, I for one could do with some entertainment, and perhaps a stiff drink too; it has been a long and dusty day."

Cheysuli shoves her way to the front of the group and marches straight into the tavern. Expecting her entrance to be something of a noise-killer, she descides to make it as memorable as possible (she has noted a distinct lack of tieflings since the group has been in the Jade Kingdom). She throws the door open and all but leaps into the tavern; her hands on her hips and her chest puffed out, she stands with a look of pride and defiance on her face. Chey scans the room while she waits for the rest of the group to walk in dramatically behind her.
[sblock=Perception]Perception with bonus from Shayla. (1d20+1+1=18)[/sblock]

rumleech

Explorer
Mr Bricks slinks in more surreptitiously (old habits die hard) and looks around the main bar to see if can see the old dragonborn he was talking to earlier.

Perception +1 from Shayla (1d20+8=18)

[sblock=Working Stat Block]
Mr, Bricks
Human Rogue 1
Init +4/Passive Insight 16/Passive Perception 17
HP 24/24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6; Surges Per Day 6/7
Action Points 0 Second Wind Unused
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 17 Will 13 - Speed 6 Size Medium Saving Throws +1
Str 12 (+1) Dex 18 (+4) Wis 12 (+1)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 15 (+2)
Basic Attack: Dagger/Short Sword Attk: +5/+4 Dmg 1d4+1/1d6+1
Ranged Basic Attack: Sling/Dagger Attk: +6/+8 Dmg: 1d6+4/1d4+4
Range: 10/20 and 5/10
Powers
Sly Flourish
Piercing Strike
Deft Strike

Positioning Strike
Trick Strike

[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
As the door to the building flies open, Cheysuli realizes that her idea of a tavern may have just drastically changed. In place of roughly hewn, 3 inch thick boards for tables and chairs, the furniture here is meticulously carved, almost sculpted. Each table has the lotus motif repeated on the legs and dragonsclaws for feet. The bar itself is a masterwork of cherry wood, the lip of the bar itself forming the crest of a wave that rises from the floor.

A few people take note of your entrance, but other then a mild look of distaste everyone seems fixated on the small stage on the other side of the room. A beautiful woman, with brilliant red hair the color of rubies, and deep brown skin is sitting quietly, a small stringed insturment similar to a lyre in her hand. With a fluid grace, she snaps the instrument up, resting the base under her chin and begins to play a haunting melody. As she plays her voice rises, hard like the crackle of flame but somehow beautiful. While you know not the words, the music evokes a feeling of great history in your blood. People motion that you should sit, as waitresses mill about the room serving something that steams from small ceramic jugs.

Mr. Bricks quickly scans the room, notices no threats but picks the old dragonborn out sitting in the far corner.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Patronis opts to stay out on the porch of the inn if it has one... if not he'll mill about the outside watching the passers by and those entering for anything strange or out of the ordinary.... he hears the woman singing and playing inside and sighs softly a bit noting he would like the music and melody more if he could understand her.... his eyes are kept sharp for anything suspicious.....

[sblock=ooc]If you need me to make any rolls for anything while out here left me know...[/sblock]

Remove ads