The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter IV

hippocrachus

First Post
"Here now, friend Sielwoodan, we should hear the opinions of everyone before we agree to travel with this stranger..." Calenthang chides, keeping his amusement at his elven friend's eager response well-hidden.

kirinke

First Post
"I have never heard of this festivil," Teleri said with some curiousity. "Who are the Mellorn exactly?"

This sounds too good to be true, She tells Drogo silently. And you know the old saying. Anything to good to be true usually isn't.

Princess? she asks the sword. Can you detect evil? I do not trust this stranger. He sounds too.... I don't know. Something is not right. She finished.

Last edited:

Dhes

Explorer
Dunstand scratches his chin.
“Hum, a festival with free food, drink and women.”
“Why do you need protection at the fair, you sad you’re self that the fair is well protected.”

Looking at the four emeralds.
“For pay like that I’m willing to go, but tell me what is it you trade in?”

Majin

First Post
The man chuckles and waves his hand dismissively, "Ah yes, yes, how could I be so rude?"

He bows with a flourish of his robes, "Therav Finthalus," the man proclaims, rising from his bow. "Pleased to meet you all," he smiles. "In answer to your questions, the Mellorn are a community of Elves that reside in the forest nearby.

"I am a glass merchant actually Mr. Hornblower,"
Therav says, regarding Drogo. "I have all manner of fine glasswork in my cart, from magnifying glasses, to potion vials, and many intricate and beautiful glass sculptures."

"As for protection, it is a must for any merchant with valuable wares to sell. The trip can be quite dangerous too, as I have attended the festival for the last 4 years, hiring guards each time you see, and each year was attacked by monstrous spiders on the way. Why even last year we encountered a manticore as well! But, I am happy to say that none of my guards have ever perished while in my service."

Teleri's sword is quiet throughout the merchants talk, then finally answers, I sees nothin' untoward about the man if dat be what ye mean, girl. He seems like all the merchants me ever known, all too eager ta be onto makin' his profits as quick as can be.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

"Ah, yes, then Mr. Finthalus. We may be just the ones you're looking for. We are capable combatants."

Drogo then telepaths to Dunstand. "Perhaps you could have a look at those emeralds he's offering. Could you tell approximately what they're worth. I'm not greedy, but I also don't guard merchants for free."

kirinke

First Post
Glass merchant hmm. Wonder if the emeralds are real and not just paste. She chuckled silently at her own paranoia. Well. If nothing else, this festivil might be a nice diversion. she told both the sword and Drogo silently.

If we do go, we'd best make sure that our friendly rogue here doesn't over indulge, she silently tells Drogo jokingly.

Last edited:

Dhes

Explorer
Dunstand raises a eyebrow at Drogo as he hears Drogo’s voice in his head.
(Telepathically at Drogo)
I didn’t know you could read minds? How long have you bin looking through my head?

Dunstand gives a short pause.
I’m sorry Drogo, I didn’t mean it that way. I know I should expect the unexpected with a group like this.
Don’t get you hopes up to much, I don’t really know a lot about emeralds but ill give it a try.

“Master Finthalus, you won’t mind if I have a closer look at there emeralds before we say yes or no, I’m not saying you’re a liar and I’m sure you’re a well established glassworker” emphasizing the word glassworker.

(Appraise +3)

Majin

First Post
"Ah, good, good!" Therav squeaks, in reply to Drogo.

The merchant cocks an eyebrow at Dunstand's request, but hands over the gems with a lopsided smile as he quips, "You know, you'd be able to ascertain their authenticity much easier with one of my fine magnifying glasses."

Dunstand judges the value of each emerald to be 200 gold pieces.

OoC: Good news guys, I recieved an e-mail from Verbatim and he said he plans to be back on Monday! So it doesn't look like we'll have to leave him in town after all. :) Too bad we can't say the same for Jarval and Seonaid. Seonaid, you still with us, or things still going rough? :\

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
Teleri smiles, a little more enthusastic, though still cautious. "Well, I suspect we all need a bit of diversion after what has happened recently. Perhaps we should check out this festivel."

Remove ads