The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter IV

Majin

First Post
OoC: Sounds good V, consider the basics of that plan to have fallen into place and gone well. Perhaps when the party returns to Orchard Meadows in the future things will be further along? ;) Feel free to have Ayden pop back up in the party with the glass merchant. Unfortunately as it seems Seonaid is still having problems joining us she will stay in town with Jarval until his return in a few weeks. I think Andreas' best motives for staying back might be to study under Mother Grundy and staying put for awhile to protect her from a possible incursion of the White Brotherhood since he seems to have found a kindred spirit in her, thus staying even with the rest of the party in experience points, as you guys wouldn't be too far ahead of him anyway by the time he rejoins us. ;)

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

"OK." Drogo smiles. "That sounds quite interesting actually. I'd like to meet these Mellorn."

OOC: Glad you're sticking with us Verbatim; you're always welcome back here at ENworld! The thing about RL, is that when it's really kicking your ass the worst, is when you really need some escapism the most. As such, I figure I'll be around these boards no matter what happens, unless I get really, really happy in RL, or until I get hit by a beer truck.

Majin

First Post
With the news of Andreas' decision to remain in Orchard Meadows for the time being with Chastity, the party splits for what promises to be the longest time they've not been all together yet. Farewells are given as Andreas and Chastity promise to meet back up with the larger group once they are certain Orchard Meadows is indeed safe for the time being.

Once everyone is ready and Therav prepares his wagon, the party sets off with the merchant towards Mellorel, towards the Festival of Life.

Reaching the edge of the Border forest before camping for the night the group is lucky to have had an uneventful trip the first day. Waking up in the morning to enter the forest proper as well, goes off with no complications.

A well-kept trail, easily wide enough for Therav's wagon, winds through the ancient forest of age-stained cedars and twisted hemlocks. The forest floor is a maze of mossy roots, stumps, and rotting deadwood. The smell of decay and new growth hangs heavy in the air.

Yet despite the forest's obvious age and antiquity, the trail itself is clean and shows signs of heavy recent traffic.

A little ways further in, Drogo spots what appears to be an exquisitely crafted bow partially buried under fallen leaves at the side of the road. Signs of a scuffle can easily be seen that lead off the path deeper in the dense foliage.

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
Walking over to the bow, Ayden looks first at it, then back to the others.

"While I may not be a master archer, I doubt that this bow is so flawed that its owner would cast it aside for no reason."

Looking to Therav, Ayden hopes the others are already thinking what he is thinking.

"Master Therav, you mentioned that this trail was always dangerous, and while you have had the pleasure of always arriving safely to the festival, not all may be able to boast that same claim. Whomever made these tracks could need our help, and it will only take us a moment to investigate this matter further."

Turning to Sielwoodan, Ayden knew if any among them could make sense of the chaos of the trail at their feet, the elvish archer could.

"What do the tracks tell you?"

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

Drogo smiles at Therav. "I'm afraid you've hired a batch of do-gooders for your guards. While this may seem inconvient at times, I hope you can look at the long view and be thankful you have hired an honest crew. We can't simply let someone get waylaid and killed."

Drogo dismounts Rex and inspects the tracks. He winks at Ayden. "Seilwoodan isn't our only tracker!"

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang smirks at his halfling companion. He remains standing by the caravan until called for, taking in his surroundings with respect to a part of his homeland he has never seen before.

Verbatim

Explorer
Nodding his head and smiling at Drogo's friendly barb, Ayden waves to the ground in front of him.

"I beg your forgiveness Master Druid, if any could sense the secrets of the forest, it would be one of her chosen children."

Velmont

First Post
"Silence a moment, please!" order Sielwoodan. He listen to the forest. That bow could be an easy lure for a trap. When he is sure there is nothing, he break the silence. "Now move away, I don't want your footprints to erase any tracks." He walk slowly up to the bow, watching his footstep to be sure not to walk on anything that could give him a clue and try to find why that bow is there.

kirinke

First Post
Though while she is no trained woodsman, Teleri keeps her eyes and ears sharp, listening and watching the foliage around them.

ooc:
Majin? I know I forgot to say this, but I had Teleri swap out her Bless Water with Summon Monster I when she did her nightly prayers. Is that ok?

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
At Sielwoodan's friendly request for them to remain silent, Ayden allowed the smile to fade from his face as he looked down at Drogo and sent the druid a silent message.

~It is good to be on the road once more is it not? It does seem to bring out the best in all of us...

Remove ads