The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter IV

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang remains quiet in what seems like deep contemplation.
I do not remember any Mellorn in the Border Forest...
He stands up from the table suddenly and glances at the man suspiciously.
There is something he is not saying.
"I shall tell the others that we intend to accompany this man to the festival," with that he heads back to the council. When he arrives he relays all of the information to his companions that decided to stay with Ayden, and then returns to the inn to prepare for the journey.

kirinke

First Post
My dear mum used to say if something is too good too be true, it's usually not. In any case, we probably need to check it out. Tell everyone to keep on their guard. You don't need to be evil to be treacherous. Teleri tells Drogo telepathically.

Last edited:

Dhes

Explorer
Handing the emeralds back to the merchant, he turns to his companions.
“They look like the real thing, my knowledge of emeralds is limited but I’m sure they will fetch a fear amount of gold if sold to the right person.”

Majin

First Post
"Why we leave as soon as you all are ready," Therav smiles, as he answers Sielwoodan.

"Forgive me, I should have elaborated more. As I said, Mr. Hornblower, the Mellorn are a community of elves, wood elves to be exact, that live in a large part of the Border Forest. You'll know a Mellorn once you see one friends, it is a tradition that all Mellorn wear a scarf, hiding the lower half of their faces, which they call antovar. They claim their ancestors believed the scarves kept evil spirits from entering through their mouth and nose. A very eccentric people I must say."

"Their village is called Mellorell, and they are quite a reclusive folk. They keep to themselves for the most part. Those that organize the fair and events are the ones to speak with if you want the best chance of not being given the cold shoulder. But, there are many, many others at the fair who will be more than willing to express their kindness. I would not doubt you could find a fair amount of interesting magic items there for quite a steal!"

Velmont

First Post
Sielwoodan lokks at the others. "I can be ready to leave in half an hour, or we can wait tommorow, but the day still young, we can do a good way today."

kirinke

First Post
"About the same for me," Teleri said. "It seems our job here is mainly finished and this town really doesn't need us at this time,"

Verbatim

Explorer
OOC: I want to apologize to you all for the absence, things have been rough RL wise, and while I tried to fight it as best I could, sometimes, RL does kick you in the ass and win. However, I do think that the worst is over, for now, and I promise to try to give more heads up before the next vanishing act happens from this side.

To keep things moving, I will give a quick synopsis of what Ayden would have said to Treeroot, and will edit it later to reflect as a "real" post.

Basically, Ayden wishes Treeroot to act as an inbetween between the Broken Axe clan and the town of Orchard Meadows. The theatre could be reopened, as well as turned into a temple to Finder, as the arts are a big part of Finder's dogma. Also, perhaps in time, a lizard folk convert, or even a member of the town could be taken in, enhancing the small number of Finder clergy in the world, with a true long range goal of maybe Orchard Meadows becoming another site where Finder's clergy could be trained, instead of just in the Lost Vale.

Remove ads