The last 3 hours of EN 1.

Cyronax

Explorer
Morrus said:
This is correct. From your POV, all that will happen is ENW will look nicer and have a bunch of extra functions and far fewer broken bits. Posts, threads, postcounts, etc., all remain intact.

Yes! My barely respectable thread count and unfinished story hour from 2002 will remain logged into the new boards!

C.I.D.

Filcher

First Post
Michael Morris said:
As pointed out earlier as much as is possible of the old boards gets ported. If we were merely starting over it would only take about 5 hours to setup. However, converting that 3.7 GB database takes... awhile.

Wow. That's a lot of work for little thanks. Thank you for working to maintain the content of the site and for not taking the easy route.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Filcher said:
Wow. That's a lot of work for little thanks. Thank you for working to maintain the content of the site and for not taking the easy route.

Well, to be fair he doesn't have to convert them manually! The server sits there and churns away for hours. :)

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Does this then represent the En of the World as we know it?

I know, I know...but I had to say something. :)

Thanks for all the hard work, Michael!

Lanefan

Nightchilde-2

First Post
ENWorld 2.0? Man, I just upgraded recently! In another couple of years, we're going to get ENWorld 3.0! ENWorld's marketing tactic has FAILED and I'm going to vote with my postcount! 1.0 was superior in every way and 2.0 is just for short-attention spanned MTG/WOW players and focuses ONLY on posting..no roleplaying and little fluff!

:D :D :D

Remove ads