The last colony OOC thread

DarkMaster

First Post
Eluvan,
Go all out on the background, I will then provide you the information you need to fill your blanks and might even propose you various alternatives fitting the settings. The setting is fairly large and complex and all my notes are handwritten so I prefer using this approach.

Pencil and paper

First Post
Homebrew is great, and if i can be part of developing a world, well that's even better, and i must say that i wont miss this game. Seems like great world :)

I'm thinking of a Gnome character of Verdar, a lizardman or half-lizardman of Cruf. Lizardmen have i always dreamed to play so maybe this is a good opportunity, in which book can i find the stats? I want to buy some more books by the way. I hear marvels about Eberron.

Can you edit in some links to this world of yours? I'm quite new at this messageboard, and i find it dificult to find the threads. Now if you want me/us to start without knowledge of your world, please say so.

Last edited:

Ranger Rick

First Post
DarkMaster said:
Why not, would you want your character to have some benefits (balanced by something else of course) for having Aasimar blood? like bloodlines in UA.

I also assume the PC you are refering to would be another PC?

and Charismatic/social PC are always useful in my games.

I assume you are talking to me. I do not have UA so I do not know any other benifits. I would think the owner would be an expeienced NPC, not a fledgling 2nd level person. But however it works out in the sceam of things.

DarkMaster

First Post
RR,
I understand now. The owner would be some kind of Patron to your PC. That is a good idea, it will just help in providing your character with some reason to join with the others. I already envision that NPC.

PaP you can follow the link I provided in a previous post and/or this one The Heros of Mergovie

DarkMaster

First Post
Ok a bit more details about the Republic. They are the most tech and magetech evolved nation of the known world. They could be seen as the equivalent of Renaissance people. They do possess the gunpowder and use it.

The Axyrian are slightly behind in terms of technology and culture(human rights, arts, political ideology) but are more powerfull in terms of numbers, business and wealth. Most people living in the empire and around thinks that they are the most evolved nations tough

mother1219

First Post
If you're willing to deal with a bit of a newb, I'd be glad to play. I have never done PBP (though I understand the basics) and am just now learning 3.5 in an RL game. Before this I haven't played since 2.0 but I'm picking it up quickly.

Please let me know if you still have room available and can handle taking on a newb :D

Eluvan

First Post
Okay, all done. :)

Huynia:

[sblock]Huynia Amaru
Male Wood Elf
Druid 2
Alignment: True Neutral
Experience: 1,000 xp

14 Strength (+2)
10 Dexterity (+0)
11 Constitution (+0)
12 Intelligence (+1)
18 Wisdom (+4)
9 Charisma (-1)

Initiative: +0
Speed: 30’

BAB: +1
Grapple: +3

Melee Attack: +3
Damage: 1d6+3 (Quarterstaff, 2-handed)
AC: 13 (+3 Armor), touch 10, flat-footed 13

Ranged Attack: +1 (Range 100’ x10)
Damage: 1d8 (Longbow)
AC: 13 (+3 Armor), touch 10, flat-footed 13

Hit Points: 14
Fortitude Saves: +4
Reflex Saves: +0
Will Saves: +7
+2 to all saves vs. enchantment spells and effects

Feats:
Druid Weapon Proficiency
Elf Weapon Proficiency
Light Armor Proficiency
Medium Armor Proficiency
Track

Abilities:
Immune to Magic Sleep Effects
+2 to saves vs. Enchantment Spells and Effects
Low-light Vision
+2 to Listen, Search and Spot Checks
Find Hidden Doors
Animal Companion
Nature Sense
Wild Empathy (+1)
Woodland Stride

Skills:
+1 Appraise [0]+1 (Int)
-3 Balance [0]-3 (Dex, armor)
-1 Bluff [0]-1 (Cha)
-1 Climb [0]-1 (Str, armor)
+5 Concentration [5]+0 (Con)
+0 Craft [0]+0 (Int)
-1 Diplomacy [0]-1 (Cha)
-1 Disguise [0]-1 (Cha)
-3 Escape Artist [0]-3 (Dex, armor)
+1 Forgery [0]+1 (Int)
-1 Gather Information [0]-1 (Cha)
+2 Handle Animal [3]-1 (Cha)
+7 Heal [3]+4 (Wis)
-3 Hide [0]-3 (Dex, armor)
-1 Intimidate [0]-1 (Cha)
-1 Jump [0]-1 (Str, armor)
+7 Knowledge (Nature) [4]+3 (Int, Nature Sense)
+6 Listen [0]+6 (Wis, Racial)
-3 Move Silently [0]-3 (Dex, armor)
+0 Open Lock [0]+0 (Dex)
-1 Perform [0]-1 (Cha)
+0 Ride [0]+0 (Dex)
+3 Search [0]+3 (Int, Racial)
+4 Sense Motive [0]+4 (Wis)
-- Speak Language [0]+1 (Int)
+6 Spellcraft [5]+1 (Int)
+6 Spot [0]+6 (Wis, Racial)
+11 Survival [5]+6 (Wis, Nature Sense)
-4 Swim [0]-4 (Str, armor x2)
+0 Use Rope [0]+0 (Dex)

Spells:
Level 0: (4/day, DC 14)
Create Water
Detect Poison
Mending
Resistance

Level 1: (3/day, DC 15)
Calm Animals
Produce Flame
Shillelagh

Weapons and Armor
Quarterstaff (1d6/1d6, 20/x2, 4 lbs) -
Hide Armor (+3 AC, -4 Armor Check Penalty, +4 Max Dex Bonus, 20% Arcane Spell Failure, 25 lbs) 15gp
Longbow (1d8, 20/x3, 100’ range, 3 lbs) 75 gp
40x Arrow (6 lbs) 2gp

Equipment:
Holly and Mistletoe
Backpack (2 lbs) 2gp
*Fishhook (0 lbs) 1sp
*Flint and Steel (0 lbs) 1gp
*Waterskin (4 lbs) 1gp
*Winter Blanket (3 lbs) 5sp
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50 charges) 750gp

Funds: 53.4 gp

Languages: Kronerg, Verdar, Druidic, Sylvan

Height: 5’6”
Weight: 135 lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Russet

Description:
Huynia is very tall for an elf, and considerably more muscular than the average member of that race as well, as befits his wood elf lineage. He has the look of one who spends most of his time out of doors and away from the trappings of civilisation, from his deeply tanned skin to the dusty, torn, green-brown traveller’s cloak he wears over his battered hide armour. His hair is a rusty, reddish brown and hangs in a long, unkempt tangle down his back, while his emerald green eyes commonly look out on the world with an air of weary resignation. It is only when he is in the wilds, far from the settlements of the civilised races, that a more content and serene air comes over him.

Background:
An arid wasteland stretched as far as the eye could see from this wind blasted peak. Blackened, scorched and scarred, to Huynia’s ears the land screamed in impotent rage and agony. Fire and steel had taken their toll on the lush and fertile jungle that once made this place verdant. Covering the blackened earth and soaking it in their blood were the corpses of thousands upon thousands of living things, from tiny birds through to the very largest creatures that had lived here, tigers and immense constrictor snakes – and people, too. The people who had lived here atop the mountain, who had lived in balance with nature, accepting their place in the way of things. Men, women and children lay slaughtered heedlessly, their bodies broken and their faces contorted in fear and pain. The only sound was the blowing of the hot, cruel wind and the faint rustling as it stirred the ash that coated the ground.

In the blinking of an eye, the vision shifted. In that fleeting moment hundreds, perhaps thousands, of leagues were crossed and Huynia stood somewhere he had never been before. The destruction that had defiled his homeland had not yet reached this place, though the land here was not of the type he was used to. The trees were vast and widely spaced, their purplish green leaves giving the place an unearthly feel, and there was none of the tangling undergrowth that he was used to. The soft earth of the forest floor was spongy and pleasant beneath his feet, and the air was cool and soothing. Beside him ran a stream, the crystal clear waters burbling gently. As he watched, though, he saw a vein of black corruption begin to seep into the brook, and he realised with a sickening lurch that even this sanctuary was not free from the corruption that had taken his homeland. Suddenly a noise came from behind him, and he turned with a start to see that a woman stood there. An Elven woman of such infinite beauty that it was heart-rending to look upon her, dressed in a flowing garment that seemed to be made from the very moonlight that filtered through the trees.

She cried silver tears, and where each one fell a perfect white flower sprouted. As she cried she plucked the strings of a strange and instrument of intricate construction that she held to her breast, and the melody seemed familiar though Huynia had never before seen such an instrument. For a moment she seemed to look directly at Huynia, and in her eyes he thought he saw hope. Then she was fading, and as he ran to her she seemed to fall away, and the forest fell with her to leave only a raindrop splashing silently in the void. As it splashed each droplet of water lit up with an image, an entire universe in microcosm inside each miniscule droplet. Within the rain a dozen possible futures played out before Huynia, leaving him with only a handful of images that he could remember and the frustrating feeling that he had missed thousands more. A bird with incandescent plumage flying endlessly over a wasteland of fire, pursued by a pack of wolves that waited for it to tire and fall to their waiting jaws. A human heart, suspended in the very heart of a forge yet somehow not burning. A great tree that bore beetles instead of fruit, huge beetles that squirmed to escape their moorings on the branches until they fell to earth and were destroyed. A plume of smoke that shifted, taking the form of a huge bird before dissipating once more into formlessness.

And then Huynia slowly realised that the smoke was real, that he could smell it and taste it, and gradually other sense impressions began to form. The other wise men sat round the fire, watching him intently. He shook his head slightly, trying to dispel the haunting influence of the vision. It would not leave him, and over the next few days he realised that it never would.

Within a week he had set off, having told his vision to the elders and expressed his wish to leave and seek a way to prevent the destruction he foresaw. They had given him their blessing, and he had gone, not knowing if he would live to return.

Atapa
Male Eagle
Small Animal
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 10’, fly 80’ (average)
AC: 14 (+1 Size, +2 Dex, +1 Natural), Touch 13, Flat-Footed 12
BAB/Grapple: +0/-4
Attack: Talons +3 melee (1d4)
Full Attack: 2 Talons +3 Melee (1d4) and bite –2 melee (1d4)
Space/Reach: 5’/5’
SA: -
SQ: Low-light vision, Link, Share Spell, Bonus Tricks (1) – Attack, Tricks – Come, Down, Heel, Seek, Fetch, Stay
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +2, Spot +14
Feats: Weapon Finesse[/sblock]

Last edited:

DarkMaster

First Post
Mother1219,
I didn't choose anyone yet so feel free to submit a concept.

Manz,
For the half-dwarf it's medium size speed 30 and Darkvision 60' and no ability modifier half dwarven bonus to save (+1 instead of +2)
+2 bonus stability and 4 extra skill points at first level. Favored class Any.

Half-Lizard Men is (+2 strength, -2 int) med size 30 speed, +2 racial bonus on Balance, Jump, and Swim (always class skills), +2 AC natural armor, Nat weapon 2 claw 1d3, 1 bite 1d3, Hold breath, favored class Druid/Ranger

Ranger Rick

First Post
George Anasualt
Rogue 2
Human - celestial bloodline - Major

Code:
str 12 (+1) (4)
dex 14 (+2) (6)
con 14 (+2) (6)
int 14 (+2) (6)
wis 12 (+1) (4)
cha 14 (+2)(6)

Fort	2
Reflex	5
Will	1
HP 14
BAB	+1
AC 16 (10 + 4 Shirt +2 dex)

Ranged +3 Bow 1d8 (under 30’ +1d6+1)
Melee +2 Short sword 1d6 19-20/x2

Feat: Negotiator, Persuasive, Alertness (bloodline)

Skills		Ranks	Mod	Synergy	Total
Appraise	5	2		7
Bluff		5	2	2	9
Diplomacy	5	2	6	13
Disable Device	4	2		6
Gather Info	5	2		7
Intimidate	5	2	4	11
Listen		5	1	4	10
Profession (Farmer) 1	1		2
Profession (Negotiator) 1	1		2
Search		4	2		6
Sense Motive	5	2	4	10
Spot		5	1	4	10
Tumble		5	2		7

Possessions: 
Backpack (2gp)
silk rope 50’ (10gp)
waterskin (1gp)
bedroll (1sp)
caltrops (1gp)
fish hook (1sp)
flint & steel (1gp)
grappling hook (1gp)
mirror (10gp)
spade (2gp)
6 days of rations (3gp)
vial of anti venom.,
Traveler’s outfit (1gp)

Chain Shirt (100gp)
Short sword MW  (310gp)
Longbow, composite MW  (400gp)
Quiver (1gp)
40 arrows (2gp)
7 GP

Languages: Common, TBD
Class: Sneak attack +1d6, trapfinding, Evasion

When the Government deemed that this colony should be populated, Alfred Anasualt decided to try his luck in the new land. He climbed aboard a boat with several packages of seeds. Oddly another gentleman climbed the gangplank with him. But that in itself was not odd, no the oddness was the man’s wife and several children that where tagging along. The man introduced himself, but said to call him Trader Joe. Trader Joe was given the rights to set up a trading post in the new colony. He loaded the ship with trinkets as he was planning to be there permanently. That was why his family came along.

During the long voyage the sailors began to have impure thoughts about Trader Joe’s material possessions and his family. Alfred was a kind-hearted farmer and believed in law and order. Alfred would help guard Trader Joe’s possessions and keep all from bothering the poor family. Trader Joe realized that with out Alfred, he would have lost everything. He always felt to be in his debt.

Alfred found fertile land and began to farm. Alfred soon devoted several acres to the cultivation of the Borca leaf. Years later Alfred had mailed away for a bride, resulting in a lovely lady up who was not afraid of hard work. Eventually they had several children.

A middle child was named George. He was a gregarious child and had a better head for business than farming. Alfred took his young son George along when ever he need to barter his farm crops for manufactured goods. Over the years George noticed that his dad seemed to do better than anyone else who bartered with Trader Joe. Eventually George found out about that fateful voyage decades ago. Having a head for business George started to go out into the countryside and convinced a few people that he could do a better deal with Trader Joe. Considering that the local tax men where better loved than Trader Joe, it was not hard for George to convince them. Soon George was able to earn a living being a middle man for his country men. However, this mild prosperity was creating an atmosphere of jealously and resentment.

Last edited:

Remove ads