The last colony

Ranger Rick

First Post
jkason said:
Saul turns with a smile to the proprietor, and in a surprising show of honesty admits, "You know, I'm not quite sure. I'm a bit at loose ends, actually, new to the area and all. At some point I suppose I'll need to find work, but for now I find shopping tends to help me get to know a place. So ... what is it that you sell here, exactly?"

George walks over to the stranger and offers his hand, "My name is George. I am a trader in these parts. We have another trader as well. He was one of the 1st colonists. However, he is also not one of the most honest people. He has a habit of buying low and selling high. I thought it was not correct to cheat people that way so I ended up opening a small shop. I mostly deal with those who do not want to deal with him....But you ask what I sell? I sell everything. If you want it, I will see if I can locate it, and I promise a fair price.

So where do you hail from and why are you here?"

jkason

First Post
Ranger Rick said:
"So where do you hail from and why are you here?"

"Saul Leoster. Pleased to meet you," Saul returns, shaking the merchant's hand. "I'm originally from Krotenborg in the Republic. I was of late part of an anthropological expedition, but ... unfortunate circumstances forced me to part ways from that crew. And thus I find myself here." He throws out another charming smile, not quite committing to whether his present position is better or worse than he would have expected.

DarkMaster

First Post
OOC Vaanork is about 20 feet from the two men.
(diplomacy roll 13)
Hurt do not seems to be happy with the gnome response. He unsheats his sword a mean look on his face. His face become slightly red as he answered back. "Nobody talk to us like that half-portion. You know how easily an accident can happen in these woods!
.......T.....T....T......T
...........T...V........T...
..T....T...S.....T..........
.......................T.....
...........H...T............
T...TG......................
T are trees

Initiative
Sherylee 15+4
Groleg 18
Huynia 7 (not shown on the map about 50 to the east.)
Hurt 4
Vaanork 1+2

Ferrix

Explorer
DarkMaster said:
The dean stands smiles as Kerten accepts the assignement. "Come with me" The dean leads Kerten to a small laboratory adjacent to his office. The laboratory is filled with exotic material and research equipment. In the back of the room he sees a large richely decorated mirror. The tall elf approaches the mirror starts an incantation and focuses on the mirror. Slowly Kerten sees an image appears inside it. He sees a large continent first. The image zoom in on a jungle located south of the continent. The image continues to zoom in to a specific point in the jungle. He sees a large stone circle covered with earth and plants. On the circle it is written (in his elven language) Kalormnyr. About two hundred feets from the circle he sees a group of four savage and a strange four legged creature who seems to be arguing

The dean seems upset. "Get away, primitive creatures. If they see you they might blow your cover.

The image continue to display the area, but the dean walk towards a library filled with magical stuff. He takes two rings, an amulet and pick up a few canned rations (meal stored magically in can. Once one says the magical work it transformed itself in a very complete and filling meal.) ""Take these rations that should be enough for the effect of the ring to sustain you (ring of sustenance). Take also this other ring it has enough energy in it to reactivate a teleportation circle. Once you reactivate any of them just pronounced Nortvak and it will bring you back here. Nortvak was the biggest ring we were able to bring back here when we were exiled from the world.

The dean then leads Kerten to the University basement. After opening an extremely well concealed door. They both enter the room. The room is completly empty except for a stone ring flat on the floor. The ring is connected on all corners of the room by large energy conductor.

"Once in the ring simply say Kalormnyr and that will automatically teleport you to where used to be the Kalormnyr university teleporter. I wish you good luck my friend. And be assured that our nation will remember what you did for us. One last thing take that amulet it will allow you to understand and speak most of their primitive languages. You simply need to refocus on it when you hear a new language to switch the amulet magic to that language. Just pretend to be one of those primitive elf and I think that everything should be fine."

After slipping on the small ring and the amulet, he says "all right, I'm ready to go." Kerten steps into the ring of stones, a smile of curiousity on his face, he winks at the dean and then speaks the command word, "Kalormnyr."

Songdragon

Explorer
DarkMaster said:
Hurt do not seems to be happy with the gnome response. He unsheats his sword a mean look on his face. His face become slightly red as he answered back. "Nobody talk to us like that half-portion. You know how easily an accident can happen in these woods!

Seeing Hurt draw his weapon and threaten Vaanork and meaning to do him harm she motions to Shadi to "guard" her and lifts her short bow, commenting from the shadows/foliage where she was hiding, (in Axyrian) "Be wary of whom you threaten on their home ground…" and lets loose two shots in rapid succession at Hurt.

(( +5/+5 rapid shot, add +1 to attack and damage if any if within 30ft (point blank) ))

Pencil and paper

First Post
Vaanork Gnome/Ranger

Songdragon said:
"Be wary of whom you threaten on their home ground…"

Vaanork hear Sherylee and immediately know what was going to happen. In a glimt he see the two arrows in Hurt's direction. Damn she's fast! He draws his shortbow, get a clear shot and fires two arrows at Hurt. As he fires he thinks Good I'm always in good company... The kind of company that saves life's

Shortbow, composite +6/1d4+1 x3 X2

DarkMaster

First Post
Sherylee as quick as her Jaguar picks up an arrow and fires at Hurt. (roll 17+6(PBR);dmg 5+1) The arrow strikes him in the shoulder the human steps back on the impact but doesn't fall. Not waiting to see the effect of her arrow she aims a second one on Hurt. (roll 11) The arrow is unable to pierce the human leather armor. Deflecting on the right sleeve.

Groleg mad charges on Sherylee with the hand axe he was using to prepare the owlbear trap. "I will show to respect us little halfling"
(roll 8) Sherylee unarmed steps aside as the men tries to swing her with his axe. The axe misses her by at least three feet.

OOC Waiting to see if Huynia will do something.

Ranger Rick

First Post
jkason said:
"Saul Leoster. Pleased to meet you," Saul returns, shaking the merchant's hand. "I'm originally from Krotenborg in the Republic. I was of late part of an anthropological expedition, but ... unfortunate circumstances forced me to part ways from that crew. And thus I find myself here." He throws out another charming smile, not quite committing to whether his present position is better or worse than he would have expected.

Anthropological expedition? I see will you be needing work?

jkason

First Post
Ranger Rick said:
Anthropological expedition? I see will you be needing work?

Saul pauses a moment, considering. Then he answers casually.

"I've a notion to go exploring in Colomo grotto, but there's no immediate agenda to that. If I found an attractive offer, I'm sure I could do with the extra coin, to be sure."

Songdragon

Explorer
DarkMaster said:
Groleg mad charges on Sherylee with the hand axe he was using to prepare the owlbear trap. "I will show to respect us little halfling" (roll 8) Sherylee unarmed steps aside as the men tries to swing her with his axe. The axe misses her by at least three feet.

(( Shadi (the Jaguar) would attack at this point, as she was given the command to Guard ("The animal stays in place and prevents others from approaching.") ))

Remove ads