The Last Gods (was Hmmm....I think I might...2 games)

Lord_Raven88

First Post
G'Day Dazza me old mate (wink wink nudge nudge), it's a pleasure to see you're going to give DMing a go, as a newbie PbP DM I can honestly say;

"What are you out of your mind, man!!!!"

That aside, bravo :D

But seriously, it's nice to see you giving something back to the community you leech if I was selected, I would like to play in your high level game "The Last Gods".

D20Dazza

Explorer
Ok then guys, thanks for all your interest. I think it looks like The Last Gods has got the votes. I've got a fair collection of product but don't have much from about the last 12 months (I do have PHB2 though). I'm a trusting sort of guy though and am happy for people to use whatever they like (both race and class - although, we may need to work on new systems (Tome of Magic) if I don't have the relevant book).

I think we'll go 6 PCs of 10th level. Roll your own stats or, if you prefer, use a 28 point buy. Gold will be as level from DMG. HPs will be half at even levels and half +2 at odd.

I'll be picking PCs based on coolnes factor, reliability of the poster, and keeness. There will be room for at least 2 newbies so don't despair if you don't have a posting track record.

The adventure advises that the party should be well-rounded, preferably including a rogue, a fighter-type, a divine spellcaster, and at least one arcane caster.

Keep in mind this is a 3.0 adventure so the game will likely end up being a mix of both systems.

So post up PCs, no hurry, I know a lot of people are still recovering from the crash. I'll give it a week and see how submissions are going. I'll point out that 10th level PCs are required for Servants of the Blood Moon as well so, if things go alright with the experience, I'll look at DMing any PCs that don't get chosen throguh that at a later stage.

I think that's it. Any questions?

Cheers

Daz

P.S. And thank you to those kind folk that I have had fun PbPing with in the past that have checked into the thread most enthusiastically, and that even includes Lord Raven :p Love your work guys.

Bront

The man with the probe
Dazz, you've been fun to play with, I'd love to play a game you run :)

I would highly recomend either limiting stats to Points or rolls, but it might be good to define rolls. I'd assume standard 4d6 though.

I'm going to hold off Till you respond to that on what I develop

What books you looking to allow, or is it get approval for non-core?

Legildur

First Post
I was going to apply some leverage in line with Lord Raven and appeal to your sense of helping out a fellow Canberran (and after the skeleton campaign died on us).... but I'm already in 3 PbP games that seem to be surviving (so far) and so I'll just put myself down as an alternate in case you need someone to fill in (yeah right! Like you won't get the numbers). And I'd happily fill any role and wouldn't mind having a poke with one of the new core classes published by WotC.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Question said:
Define "roll your own stats"? 3d6, 4d6, 5d6?
Woops, thought I had that covered, just presumed everyone did it the way I do at home ;) 4d6 drop the lowest.

Bront (thanks for making me feel warm and fuzzy) :D, I'm happy to entertain any class/race combination within reason. If it's just silly then I'll just say nay, ye shall not game here. :D

Heya Legildur, you know I've been considering trying a game and advertising for only guys from our timezone, just because even posting once a day we still miss out on a good chunk of real time posting (i.e. they're posting when we're asleep and vice versa). Love to see what you want to play, throw something in the ring if you get time buddy.

Cheers

Daz

Bront

The man with the probe
Ok, I want to play a half-orc Wizard/Druid/Rogue/Psion/Cleric/Bard/Sorcerer/Scout/Psycic Warrior/Soulblade. :)

I did a few test rolls before you said what was official (check the time stamp), so my official roll is now.

Official Roll for D20Dazza's Game (4d6.takeHighest(3)=9, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=15, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=13, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=15, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=9, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=13)

Interesting...(1+1+5+5+8+8=) 28 point buy. Not quite how I would have allocated it but...

Remember, I believe you have to have at least a +1 total mod, and 1 15, so you can throw some away (Which means that technicaly, my second roll would have counted, it was nice, but I wanted to make sure).

I'll give you a serious concept soon. I'm thinking something flamboyant (which I'm sure isn't very helpful in telling you what). (Leaning towards swashbuckleresh melee combatant/character)

Rhun

First Post
I'm thinking either a dwarven fighter/defender type melee tank, or possibly a rogue/shadowdancer. I have concepts for both, just have to update them to level 10 characters. After trying to get into a bunch of games, I'm starting to get a nice supply of extra characters.

Actually, come to think about it...maybe I'll just come up with something new and cool! :)

Remove ads