• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

THE MATRIX: Ghosts of Tomorrow

Jeph

Explorer
(For the sake of speeding the action along, I'm assuming that everyone agrees to the plan.)

You manage to slip into a manhole about a block away while no one is watching. After about ten minutes of traversing the relatively clean (compared to other sewage systems) sewers, you come to the place where a shut off water pipe feeds into a deactivated hot water header. You quickly exit the system, and find yourself standing in a cramped, dark utility closet. Especially cramped, since it has 6 people in it.

There are no cameras that you can see, but then, you can't really see much of anything.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Augustine closes his eyes. We're the only hope of the coppertops? They're doomed. Someone gets the door open, and they all spill out. Augustine adjusts his coat and the weapons thereunder. "Right. Lets roll." He strides towards the elevator in the northeast corner, expecting the other two to follow him. He turns to the other group. "You know where to go- the blueprints are on your phone. Good luck, and God bless." He smiles and turns again.

As he enters the elevator, he turns, his trenchcoat swirling around him. "Code, can you make sure this doesn't stop on it's way to the 53rd floor?"

Bob Aberton

First Post
Veritas tumbles out of the utility closet, checks his weapons, and dusts himself off.

"Bet the Agents would have laughed if they could have seen us in there," he says drily.

He turns to follow Augustine, giving his knife a few test flicks to make sure it will slip easily out of its sheath when he really needs it.

"God help us if they have metal detectors on on every floor," he says under his breath.

Jeph

Explorer
Thomas Hobbes said:

As he enters the elevator, he turns, his trenchcoat swirling around him. "Code, can you make sure this doesn't stop on it's way to the 53rd floor?"

"Sure, no prob . . ." The sounds of typing. "Ah sh*t. The elevator doesn't go to the 53rd floor at all. It just, idunno, skips a level. Its a sloppy patch, they probably just rewrote the building as soon as they got White in. Uh, you guys have a contingency plan, right?"

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Jeph said:
"Uh, you guys have a contingency plan, right?"

"'Course we do." Augustine smiles slightly. "We take the stairs." His finger hovers between "52" and "54" on the control panel, and then closes his eyes. Up to you he thinks skywards, and presses.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Path checks his phone for where the security room is and then gets to the elevator, picking the correct floor.
"No reason to climb the stairs when there's a working elevator."

Festy_Dog

First Post
Ferret wanders towards the elevator but stops.

"Where's the security hub again?" he asks, "If its close enough I'd prefer to take the stairs."

Jeph

Explorer
"Security hub's a bit more than halfway up, center of the 40th floor." Your cell's screen automatically shifts and zooms. You notice that the hub is highlighted in blinking red. "Shouldn't be more than a few guards. I've fed them a loop for the elevator's camera, but I can't do that to the entire system. You'll just have to be all ninja-like."

The silence often accompanying an elecator ride follows.

bing The elevator stops at the 40th floor, and the doors open onto a deserted hallway, which takes a right some 15 meters down. The cell display shows that the hub is down the third left after this turn, then the first right.

Okay, from now on, I'm going to be posting in colors. DON'T READ THE COLOR THAT IS NOT FOR YOUR GROUP. The security hub folks will be in blue, while the find-the-agent folks will be in black.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads