• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

THE MATRIX: Ghosts of Tomorrow

Bob Aberton

First Post
Veritas stays quietly in the background while all this is going on, staring philosophically at nowhere in particular; he could almost be a statue, not moving and barely blinking.

"How do we download Agent White when we catch him, anyway?" he says, lips barely moving, still staring off into space. "I'm not sure I get the mechanics of how this works..."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I don't think taking out the cameras is enough, the alarm will be made anyway. Maybe..."
Path looks at his phone, checking if the ventilation shafts could be used for crawling through.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Black text, I think, M. Aberton....

"I assume some special hardware is involved- after all, he can't just pick up a phone like the rest of us. Physically, the ship is plugged into the Matrix, so all we have to do is bring Agent White to whatever the virtual representation of the inport jack is. I think."

Jeph

Explorer
(OODM: Did everybody get my email a while ago about how I'd be away for a few days? It was while the boards were down, so I couldn't post. Sorry if anyone didn't get it.)

"Ventilation? Sure, yeah. Uh, hold on..." The screen of your cell goes to the blue prints of the building, and zooms up to 40th floor with a flourish. Then, green lines spring over the blue background. "There's the utility lines and stuff. I think the nearest useful shaft is next to the first door after the elevator, one your left--hold on, got another call."

"Yeah. Just, like, go to the 52nd floor, and press the hold door button a bunch of times. One min, call waiting."

"Yeah, after first door on your left as you exit the elevator. Crawl strait for about 35 meters, then turn right and go for another 5. There's an exit right there, onto the hallway with White's door just a bit a way. There aren't any shafts that lead strait into the room."

"Just hand White your cell, he'll pull a disappearing act, and make sure you have it with you when you exit the Matrix. See, the legit system is represented by the phone lines, and our pirate signals are represented by sell phone transmissions. So get White into the cell, and get the cell out."

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer

Code sends the elevator the the 52nd floor and pushes the Hold Floor button.

"I think we can get out through the maintenance hatch, you go first while I hold the elevator here. "

Code will press the Hold Floor button till Veritas is through,set the elevator to go to the top floor next, press Hold Floor again and then scram through the maintenance hatch.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"You're starting to lose it, Code, we ain't headed for White just yet, but for the security. Speaking of White, how's the other group doing?"

Bob Aberton

First Post
sorry about the color...

"Okay," says Veritas. He pulls out his knife and clenches it in his teeth, pirate-style. When the elvator reaches the 52nd floor, he squeezes himself through the maintenence hatch, thanking God (if there is one, a discussion which he will have to have with Augustin, should he survive) that he's so scrawny. He stands on top of the elvator, then cautiously attempts to pry open the doors with either his knife or bare hands (OOC: This would be a use of the Matrix score, right?). When and if the doors open, he will dart into the corridor, knife in hand, and try to make himself inconspicuous.

(OOC: Sorry about the color; I can't get black, so I went with dark blue, which was the darkest color I could find...

Edit: Still too blue...I can't find black in the color list...I know it's in there somewhere, probably glaringly obvious, but I can't find it on the colors list...sorry...

Several edits later: This is really starting to bug me...how do you make it black, anyways?)

:confused:

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
ooc: also my apolgies. M. Aberton, just change the "color=" to "color equals black"; as in (where {=[) "{COLOR=black}Black text{/COLOR}" It's not on the list (took me a bit to figure it out, too), so you have to enter it yourself.

IC:Augustine follows Veritas, giving him a bost into the ventelation shaft and make his painful way behind, gun in hand. He follows Veritas out of the shaft, and the looks around for guards or cameras, and rubs his sore limbs.

edit: All that, and I forgot to change to color. :p

Last edited:

Remove ads