The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

Dragonwriter

First Post
Well...Walkind Dead is done for this year...I'm so bummed. TV sucks lately. Beyond hockey and Daily Show (Jon Stewart) I have precious little I'm interested in watching.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Some shows I've enjoyed: Lie To Me, Human Target, Criminal Minds, The Defenders, Nikita, Fringe, Supernatural.

You should be able to catch all of them on their network websites (FOX, CBS and CW) or on Hulu, since I know you're in Canada.

I can't speak for any cable/satellite shows, since I'm using good old broadcast antenna. And if you want a little explanation on the shows I mentioned above, you can look them up on Wikipedia or just ask me to elaborate. :)

renau1g

First Post
Sadly us Canucks aren't allowed to watch hulu. I need to get some way to trick their ISP detection... :(

"Sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed from within the United States " <- hulu...

Also, our lovely government requires us to watch Canadian networks and therefore the major US networks streaming full episodes are blocked, we can only watch them through Global, which only recently even had any shows. :(

I used to watch Fringe, got out of it myself. Not sure why, just stopped wanting to watch it on the PVR, then eventually turned off the series recording and deleted all the episodes.

Last edited:

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
for whom it may concern: When you see a single teenager running down a hill as fast as he can with a tear in the arm of his coat and gunfire going off on top of said hill, he is NOT a gang member so don't pepper spray him in the eyes.

how to identify a gang member: If their pants are around their knees, if they smell of pot half a mile downwind, if there are more than two of them, if they have odd lumps where they shouldn't (these are concealed weapons), if they have a crazy look in their eyes and/or have tiny pupils

if any of those conditions are met, it makes sense to mace them, if not, please restrain from doing so.
[/rant]

GM

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
for whom it may concern: When you see a single teenager running down a hill as fast as he can with a tear in the arm of his coat and gunfire going off on top of said hill, he is NOT a gang member so don't pepper spray him in the eyes.

how to identify a gang member: If their pants are around their knees, if they smell of pot half a mile downwind, if there are more than two of them, if they have odd lumps where they shouldn't (these are concealed weapons), if they have a crazy look in their eyes and/or have tiny pupils

if any of those conditions are met, it makes sense to mace them, if not, please restrain from doing so.
[/rant]

GM
i just have to ask: HUH? did someone you know get peppered?

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
I got peppered by a guy in the woods, I took some video before I smelled the gang people, so I got out as fast as I can and a guy below saw me running like a madman, asked what was happening, I couldn't really respond and by that time he had already peppered my so I just kept going, I have built up a resistance to it by this time, but it's still not fun, I'm uploading the video to youtube, I'll post a link when it's done.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
double post

here is the video of the general area, sand dunes creating a valley, the trail on top goes around the valley, and the trail on the bottom comes from the road, then goes in a circle, this is the one I start on.
Also, this was filmed on my ipod after a three mile run so the video quality is awful, just a warning before hand.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdnU38ZkzNM]YouTube - Woods near my house[/ame]

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
[sblock=long, boring geology post]
There actualy is not true sand there, there is dirt, which is why the trees can grow. This dirt helps plants grow, and those in turn help keep the dune stable, otherwise it would move around and generally wreak havoc (monster idea? hmm...) anyway, the actual sand dunes and sandy beaches are closer to lake michigan, and even the actual sand dunes are mostly covered up wit dune grass, which can grow on sand. And the snow is just covering up the sand, which is under the dirt, that's under the snow.[/sblock]

Remove ads