The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

renau1g

First Post
I hear you on books. My wife & I (both under 30) were talking yesterday how we just don't understand people wanting ereaders. I love the feeling of a book in my hands, I'm not beholden to a battery wearing out or running out. If there's a glare from the sun while I'm resting by the pool/ocean/lake I'm not having to find a shady spot. And I can't understand why the Kindle books are nearly as much as real books... that boggles my mind. Now, you can get some free ones which is pretty cool, but I heard a rumor that they also have a place where you can get free books.... a library I think it was called. Actually said library is also rumoured to have movies to rent for free (new releases too, at least here in Canuckistan)

Walking Dad

First Post
I have2-3 real books about it and the GURPS source book. The last one seem pretty good researched. And I recommend the Disney movie!

I will start to look some more Disney movies (Disney owns Marvel and there are some interesting superhero films comic up).

Rhun

First Post
a library I think it was called. Actually said library is also rumoured to have movies to rent for free (new releases too, at least here in Canuckistan)

There are a couple of guys here at the office that rent all the movies they watch from the library. I guess it saves a lot of money. Of course, I'm not anywhere close to a library, so it is Redbox for me!

renau1g

First Post
We don't have Redbox and our own wonderful government prevents us from having access to Netflix US content because it may be harmful and subversive to us poor ol' Canadians (i.e. it doesn't meet the Canadian content requirement for broadcasters in Canada...) on top of our internet data rates being ridiculously overpriced (our cap is usually 60 GB before additional costs hit, the US has only 1 provider that has a cap and that one is 250 GB, most of the rest are unlimited)... yeah for government intervention in private markets....oh, did I cross the political line...

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Hmm... considering the nature of the setting for my Unconventional Heroes game, I wonder if throwing a parody of a certain infamous celebrity would be too much (even if having him go on a super powered bender would be soo inline with the main BBEG's scheme)?

Then again... maybe not since I already am planning on including a parody of another infamous celebrity in volume 2's the first fight.

Maybe... but I doubt anyone in this thread will really care. After all, you're not going after a political party/viewpoint, just your whole government. Equal Opportunity Offender, as it were. ;)
Heh.. my pbp games really do seem to cross the line then (if not for their parodic/satirical aspect). :D

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
I need to pass some frustration... let's talk hockey.

If you have seen what Zedno Chara (Boston's Bruins) have done to Max Pacioretty (Montreal Canadiens), that was an ugly act. I really hope that Pacioretty will quickly recover (but not too quickly, he should not return to play before he is at 100%).

And what I wish after that, it is that the disciplinary committee (a.k.a. Collin Campbell, who was at that match) will finally give some serious sanction for such act. Chara almost decapitate Pacioretty and he should not play for the remaining of the season... at least. But Chara is a star and had a good reputation and will probably get only a few match if any (not counting that Collin Campbell son play for the Bruins too), and that's a thing I hate about the NHL.

And I don't tell that only because I'm from Montreal. When I see Crosby out for weeks because of a cerebral commotion, I think the league doesn't understand where is their best interest, both on ethic (Hockey is not Ultimate Figthing) and financial (Stars, like Crosby, bring money to the league when they are on the ice, not at the infirmary).

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Didn't see it till know...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jimZ1tSdPY0]YouTube - Zdeno Chara hits Max Pacioretty Mar 8, 2011[/ame]

Did you hear the hit off the wall OUCH!

HM

Remove ads