• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Pantheon Returns

Jemal

Adventurer
Welcome, GlassEye.. The first would seem better for me, and I've no problem with Minotaur's being a fallen race.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I'm gonna add Giants as Furors favoured race too - so Lesser Domain 2 Ranks? (that brings me to a total of 70)

Jemal

Adventurer
feel free to add whatever you want, just keep in mind that the '60-70' was just a ROUGH GUIDELINE to give you an idea of what your god may have.
And it'll probably be slightly different for each god, Depending on the concepts and how well written they are.

Jemal

Adventurer
Emotions itself would be MAJOR.
Individual, POWERFUL emotions (Fear, Love, Hate, etc) would be Greater.
Any Others you can think of that aren't 'major' humanoid emotiosn would be Lesser. (Rage, Fury, Lust, disgust)

ethandrew

First Post
Here's my tentative domain list, and I will explain it a little more following:

Emotions - Rank 9; Points 45 Greater
Desire - Rank 6; Points 12 Major
Contentment - Rank 4; Points 5 Lesser
Compassion - Rank 4; Points 5 Lesser
Disappointment - Rank 4; Points 5 Lesser

Soon I will give you a history of the origin, background of the evolution of emotions, and the avatars this god uses. But let me explain about desire. Rationally all big emotions emanate from form of desire or another. Through Desire we grow to Love, to Hate; it gives us purpose, a drive. The other three emotions developed later on, sort of a fall-back mechanism. If someone's desire grew too great, one of these three would be employed to curb it. Does this make sense?

fenixdown

First Post
OK, then, here's my more-than-five-domains concept: a god of travel and exploration. His agenda involves inspiring mortals to go on adventures, experience new things, and return with stories of them. There are even stories that he occasionally disguises himself as a mortal to lead his own band of adventurers. Of course, with the current situation his priority is finding some mortals who are promising enough to make the jump to godhood and help out with saving the universe.

His major domains would be Travel, Knowledge, and Creation (to make new things for travellers to encounter). Less important domains would include everything else he uses in his own travels, like Leadership, Storytelling, Diplomacy, Alchemy, etc.

Which of my two sounds better?

Jemal

Adventurer
Fenix - that one sounds really good, actually (the travelgod)

ethandrew - I'm still thinking on the Desire thing, but If we do go that route, I won't be letting it substitute for Love/Fear/Anger, that seems like a too-easy workaround.

ethandrew

First Post
What my goal for Desire is to instill that whomever, the natural course of the emotion would choose one of those routes: love, hate, fear, etc. So I wouldn't have a specific goal in mind when instilling Desire, I would just let it play itself out.

Have fun on your camping trip!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads