• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

'The Perilous (Chapter I, II, III, IV)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
(ooc No prob flank seems the most logical thing to do anyway:). The "stike sure" was just me maintaining the Master Tactics (flanking bonus) since the description says it works as long as allies can hear the Marshals voice - and you know I always thought Scythe was a reach weapon (oh well teach me for not checking)
sorry about the delay too, I was MC at our End of Year Sports Day yesterday - it was fun and went well
)

Seeing the devil staggered by the combined efforts of the party Sher takes another strike at it from flank "return to hell foul Djinni!" he roars, praying that Delmar and the others are not badly hurt by the attack

drdevoid

Explorer
Delmar, Dwarf Cleric 30/36 HP; Remaining Spells: 5/4+d/3+d/1+d

OOC: Delmar should have his buckler readied as well. The barbarian's attack would have hit either way, but the AC is now at 19 not 18.

If the bearded figure is still there, Delmar will maintain the flank or move to hit the bearded figure charging if available.

"Are you boys finished toying with these poor, hideously groomed fools?"

Last edited:

Gideon

First Post
Phelen, 28/30 hp, 19/35 PP

Walking towards the door to check on his other friends Phelen once more focus's his mind on the vile creatures mind trying to end it's menace.

(OOC: Move 15 ft to f9. Mind Thrust on same creature as before 1 pp +2 pp from wild surge Will Dc 16, 3d10 damage, +5 Manifester check.)

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Liliana - Fighter/Warmage (Spells Left 0-level/6, 1st/3, 2nd/0)

Ok as my spells seem to be failing me I will just have to take this creature out the hard way. Moving to K11 by going straight down and then one space east to avoid AoO I will attempt to hit him with my sword.

Scimitar Strike (1d20+5=13)

Looking up at the sky and wondering what I did to piss off Horus, I pray forgiveness and ask that I be able to strike my foes down before one of my friends perish due to my failure.

(reposting of initiative)
Liliana 25
Bearded Devils 19
Sher Farhid 18
Delmar 15
Thane 10
Phelen 6
Belok 5

Liliana draws her scimitar and moves south, sealing off the devil's only easy escape. She slashes at the beast and misses, unfortunately with her blade.

"I'll be back.. you haven't seen the last of us!" snarls the bearded devil. He then barks out a phrase in the infernal tongue. The devil in the far room, (the one battling Belok and Thane) answers back briefly.

They both then bamf away, leaving only the faint whiff of sulfur and brimstone.

Thane and Belok are both still bleeding.

OOC: Thane and Belok both lose another 2 hp this round...The wounds seem like they may continue to bleed.

The mannequin peeps it's head around the doorway for a seconf holding it's feather duster in front of it defensively.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Sher steps back when the devils disappear looking about frantically to see whether they have moved to some more advantageous place to continue the attack.

"Is everyone okay?" he calls looking to see that those in the room - Delmar, Liliana and Phelen are still concious and relatively unhurt.

"What of Belok and Thane?" he rallies the group "Phelen can you see them?

We need to regroup and heal before those monsters return...
"

Scotley

Hero
Belok Half-Giant Rogue/Psychic Warrior

Belok remains watchful for the return of the bearded devils. "I could use a bit of healing those things have a lasting sting." He looks around the room they entered during the fight.

This description goes concurrent to whatever healing efforts are being made. You can look at the map.

Looking around the front room.. the entrance room is a sort of reception area, and it looks to be the most badly trashed.

In the far room there is another table and chairs and some stacks of crates, most of which have been overturned or smashed. They contained some things like raw woven cloth, 2 small kegs of brandy, a crate full of ceramic trinkets and beads (some of which are scattered everywhere), a crate full of empty glass "potion" type flasks packed in layers of cotton. Some random glass alchemical gear- beakers and tubes and the like are also scattered and smashed on the floor.

There is a closed door in the far room marked with a faintly glowing circle like sigil pulsating faintly. It looks like it has a few glaive-sized chock marks taken out of it.

Attachments

• 1stfloor5.jpg
    1stfloor5.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 53

drdevoid

Explorer
Delmar, Dwarf Cleric- Remaining Spells: 3/3/3/1+d

Delmar stares at the spot were the Bearded Figure was and were the pentagram briefly had glowed on the floor. He mutters to himself, "Were these beasties actually Devils?" (Knowledge Religion check=11)

"Father Delmar'll be happy to tend to your wounds now gents, where are ya?" he says.

I think that Thane is injured the worst then Belok then Delmar. If I mixed up Thane and Belok just reassign the totals.

I know Gideon/Phelen is down two HPs from before this combat. Can we retroactively fix that, Peter and Gideon? That oversight was right before Delmar regained his spells and had many leftover. I hadn't meant to let that go since we were about to face the unknown.

If anyone else was injured let me know. Caster level check for Healing is +6 not +5 (healing domain) in case of cursed wounds and the like.

Thane gets back 16 HPs from the Healing Domain Spell CMW

Belok gets back 9 HPs Healing Domain Spell CLW

Delmar gets back 14 HPs from a spontaneous substitution of "Magic Weapon" for CLW

Also please replace "Shield of Faith" with "Shield Other" from the typical prep, that was a mistake.

Delmar's Remaining Spells are:
*0 (DC:14)- Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Guidance; *1 (DC:15)- Protection from Evil, Remove Fear, Shield Other; *2 (DC:16)- Calm Emotions, Lesser Restoration, Remove Paralysis; *3 (DC:17)- Dispel Magic, Searing Light (d)

Last edited:

Remove ads