• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

'The Perilous (Chapter I, II, III, IV)

OOC: NOT so fast..! these are infernal wounds. They resist even the power of magical cures! (this only applies to the wounds on Belok and Thane).

The cure check goes off successfully against Thane and the wound knits just fine. While Delmar is curing Thane, Belok continues to bleed. (and loses another 2 hp).

The cure check against Belok, however, fails, and he loses another 2 hp. The floor is now covered in blood.

Delmar wipes his brow nervously and continues working, trying another casting to stop the bleeding. This time, luckily, it works.

So Delmar will have to reroll how much damage he cured on Belok, and Belok is down another 4hp before that healing actually gets applied...

I hear this RBDM thing is all the rage now!

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Peter said:
I hear this RBDM thing is all the rage now!

ooc It certainly seems that way! (damn guys what have we got ourselves into!)

Sher Farid follows into the room where Thane and Belok stand bleeding and watches as Delmar tries to heal their injuries.

"This is no good thing" he mutters "not if the Cursed Ones are involved in this affair! - see how the wounds of our comrades resist even the divine healing of a priest." instinctively Sher makes a sign against evil, the desert tribes have long ago learnt to fear the Cursed Ones.

"Caution must prevail and Shabu must be found. Lady spellcaster" he speaks to Liliana "if even the Devils could not find the wizard Shabu hen he must be hidden by powerful magics, do you know of any spell that could conceal him so well?"

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Belok Half-Giant Rogue/Psychic Warrior

"Thank you Delmar, that was a most unpleasant experience. Let us take a look at this mark on the wall which seems to have stumped our foes."

Slight addendum:

Although Delmar cannot be sure (i.e. he rolled low), evidence is certainly mounting that these two were in fact devils. Or demons. But most likely devils. They weren't locals, anyhow.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Liliana Fighter/Warmage

"As I am unfamiliar with spells of that particular school, I am sure there are some that would allow you to hide from the likes that we just fought. I suggest a few people take a look at the symbol and the door but the rest of us need to be on guard in case they return and return with reinforcements."

Hopefully they do not return with reinforcements for quite sometimes as I am not sure we could take them then. I am not sure if they have already killed Shabu or are still looking for him. This does put a different light on Poli..., errr whatever his stupid name is. If he is dealing with the likes of devils I am not so sure I want to continue to be in his employ. It only takes a little bit for the devils to get their claws in you, but as soon as they do, they own you. I now am very curious as to what enchantments were going to be placed on these rugs if some devil wanted them so badly.

"Everyone please be on your highest guard since Devils are involved who knows what we are really up against and what might be brought to bear against us."

Gideon

First Post
Phelen, 28/30 HP, 20/35 PP

Phelen heads over and takes a look at the symbol on the wall leaving all the seriousness and worrying to other people. If they want us dead then they'll kill us or we kill them, either way worrying about it isn't gonna help. Smiling at the group Phelen says "Hey, look on the bright side, all of us are standing here and living and two cursed ones aren't. That's a decent start."

drdevoid

Explorer
Delmar, Dwarf Cleric remaining spells 2/2/3/1+d

Two things: are we retroactively restoring Phelen and Delmar's healing caster level checks should be +6 not +5 due to the Healing Domain ability as noted in my last post. No need to reroll; however, it wouldn't have changed the outcome.

Delmar, continuing to tend to Belok, tries first to substitute "Delay Poison" for a "Cure Minor Wounds" to staunch the bleeding. It fails.

I assume Belok loses another 2 HPs?

Next Delmar substitutes "Remove Fear" for a Cure Light Wounds. This time he succeeds (Nat 20) and restores 9 HPs

IF Belok is still wounded, Delmar will expend a charge of the CLW wand for 7 HPs

Is everyone healed to full now?

Delmar turns to Liliana, "Yes, those were formidable magics they employed. If I'm not mistaken, I thought they'd told us back at the monastery to use silver weapons against those beasties. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to land my dagger on one for comparison."

Turning to the group, "Is it worth collecting any of this? Some Brandy... Might be a partial labratory in here, hmmm... Belok, do you think we should approach that sigil in the same manner as the entrance? And what of our wooden butler friend here, perhaps he has the key in some manner of speaking.

I made a mistake before when adding Shield Other for Shield of Faith, sorry. Those aren't the same level. I'll swap Lesser Restoration for Shield Other for now.

Delmar's Remaining Spells are:
*0 (DC:14)- Detect Magic, Guidance; *1 (DC:15)- Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith; *2 (DC:16)- Calm Emotions, Shield Other, Remove Paralysis; *3 (DC:17)- Dispel Magic, Searing Light (d)

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"Ae it is wise to search the room and salvage what we can" Sher agrees with Delmar before adding with a grin "the brandy will be good to soothe my nerves if for nothing else".

"Wooden Man" he calls to the construct "come open this door, then tidy this room"

As others attend to the healing or examining the door he begins a search of the room

(ooc can I take 20 on the search?)

Scotley

Hero
Belok Half-Giant Rogue/Pyschic Warrior

Belok, still a little shaken examines the magical markings on the wall. "This looks to be a bit more potent than the last one we encountered. I would suggest we try and get our wooden friend to try the door first based on what we find out we go from there."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Thane, Rogue/Fighter

OOC: Healed to full. ^_^

"Thank you Delmar... I don't like the seeing my life's blood pouring out of me." He smiles. Addressing everyone, "Well, that was interesting, wasn't it? What sort of creatures were those? I don't believe I've ever heard of one of those before."

Thane wanders over to mark to take a look at it.

Remove ads