'The Perilous (Chapter I, II, III, IV)

Belok and the resat of the group go over to examine the door. Delmar and Liliana can both tell (no roll needed) that there are symbols of a magic circle against evil here- one that would have stymied planar outsiders for a while anyway, and left them unable to teleport to the other side of the door without risking danger. Delmar also notes part of a recent dismissal inscription etched in silver that has has been damaged.

Salvaging what you can- well- there are supplies here but Thane has already pointed out that they most likely belong to Shabu. Of course as soon as Sher Farhid shows any interest in the brandy keg, the wooden mannequin rushes over, and finds a clean cup and tries to serve him som. The construct also manages to find a box of cocnut candies from somehwere and serves them on a dish.

One of the devils left behind his glaive- he dropped it during the melee as he was attacking Delmar. Phelen picks it up to look at it- it's a wicked, crude looking affair of dull black metal. It isn't masterwork or particularly well made, and the saw-toothed edges simply look nasty. However, Phelen notes a series of polished hematites are set into the haft- 12 in all. Each one probably worth between 10-60 gp. The lower grip of the Hematite is wrapped in silver wire, which will probably be worth at least a 100 gp if unwrapped (maybe more if re-worked by a skilled jewler rather than a hellish barbarian).

When Sher suggests the wooden man come "open this door", you are surprised to see it march right over, and tug on the door handle. There is a sudden flicker of light, (as if a spell has been dispelled) and then the door opens without complaint.

The wooden mannequin holds the door open as a valet might. Stairs go up.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Liliana Fighter/Warmage

"Well we should probably leave everythign here as it does belong to Shabu, well except maybe some of the Brandy, I wouldn't mind some of that myself. And you have got to try these candies as they are just marvelous."

Looking at the door, stairs and the Mannequin in somewhat astonishment, "Well I guess that trap is sprung, but it looks like it was only expected to hold back things of the evil variety and it shoudl be prefectly safe to go through now." At least I think it is, I am pretty sure I do not detect any lingering magic where once there used to be. "So shall we start up the stairs now? Belok would you mind checking the stairs every now and then for traps as again if this were my tower that is where I would place a trap." With that said I walk over to the stairs and wait for Belok to proceed me and then get in the normal line to head up the stairs.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Sher grins and accepts the cup of brandy from the construct, swallowing it quickly. When the manniquin opens the door he is pleasantly suprised

"ah well it seems our wooden friend isn't so mindless afterall, just very limited in what he will do. We shall keep him with us a little longer then."

He peers through the door and up the stairs listining for sounds from above, turning to the others he sees the glaive being examined and grimaces

"is it ensorcelled?" he asks scowly distastefully "tainted with dark magics?"

"So shall we start up the stairs now?" Liliana suggest and Sher turns back from the glaive to the open door "perhaps we should get the Mannikin to lead us up" he suggest "to undo any traps before we meet them, Belok to follow to find any that the wooden man has missed."

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Thane, Rogue/Fighter

Drawing upon his courtly knowledge, Thane addresses the mannekin "Good Sir, would you be so kind as to lead us upstairs to your master, Shabu? We would like to converse with him."

If the wooden man doesn't appear to understand, Thane will simply walk up the stairs with Belok.

Scotley

Hero
Belok Half-Giant Rogue/Psychic Warrior

"Certainly lady, let me just sample the brandy first." He then heads for the stairs checking for traps. "We should make haste, we have opened the door for those fell demons as well."

Gideon

First Post
Phelen will quickly strip the valuables off of the glaive and then throw it away. "The beast left some goodies." Phelen smiles up at the group.

He'll settle into his 'place' in the marching order as the group accends the stairs once again softly humming that enchanting tune.

Your party moves cautiously up the stairs, (there are no traps) which arrive first at a landing (tastefully decorated with a bronze statue of a nude weaver) and then continue up.

There is no door at the top of the stairs, it seems to open up into a full-sized workshop of the type wizards might use. Shelves contain books and alchemical glassware and cookware. You begin to file into the room.

Liliana can tell this is probably a potion workshop or lab. For lower-level potions- the sort of things apprentices get to work with- not the main workshop.

The room seems empty...

(Delmar hears, Phelen hears, Belok hears, Thane doesn't hear, Liliana hears, Sher hears
- Basically everyone but Thane hears something moving around the western half of the room. There is a muttered curse of "blast!" as something bumps into a shelf on the far sideof the room- not exactly very low.)

As you begin to enter the room, a bowling-ball-sized glass globe- the sort sometimes used to buoy fishing nets-- is thrown towards the center of the room, where it shatters. An oily opaque greenish gas begins seeping out. A door on the far side of the room swings shut as if by an unseen hand at the same time.

Attachments

• 2floor1.jpg
    2floor1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Belok Half-Giant Rogue/Psychic Warrior

Belok curses, and then thinking quickly says, "Liliana, would they have some way to ventilate this room since its a lab? Maybe we can blow that green stuff out of here?"

Lobo Lurker

First Post
"What the heck!?!" Thane looks around, "Be on your gaurd everyone, I think there may be more demons here."

Thane takes a deep breath and runs across the room (through the gas, which he assumes is just some nasty gas that will hurt him if he breathes it).

Upon reaching the other side (assumming no ill-effects) he'll try to open the door.

OOC: Whether the room is unlighted or not, Thane has his sunrod in his left hand and his Bastard Sword in the right.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Liliana Fighter/Warmage

Answering Belok, "I have no idea but if they did, I would not know how to activate it. Our best bet, is what Thane just did." As Liliana takes huge gulp of air and runs across the room to the other door.

Remove ads