• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Planes Through Illumus

garlicnation

First Post
Posting guidlines- post once a day, and once a weekend. Make your IC talk in a color, first come first serve. Stick OOC comments in sblocks
Checks will be done by you out of combat, and by me in combat.

All of you, for various reasons have arrived in the capital city of the empire. The city boasts the largest population in the world and the largest standing army.

A poor looking wizard told all of you, seperately, to meet in the Silver Star Inn, in 2 days.

All of you arrive in the Inn, which seems to be empty, the barkeep seems delighted to see customers. Mere moments after the last of you steps foot in the Inn, the same wizard walks in, this time in long flowing robes. He mutters something under his breath.

OOC-all of you roll 2 spot and a listen check

Listen - DC 15
[sblock]"Group number 3 ready"[/sblock]

Spot - DC 20
[sblock]You notice that the wizard's hand has a small hole in it. Through the hole you see very complex gearwork[/sblock]

Spot - DC 10
[sblock]The door to the inn seems to slowly melt away into the wall.[/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
Aolis sits, unmoving like a statue, by a table in the corner. He had come, as requested, for the simple reason that he had nothing better to do and just a little curiosity. He was still new to the the outside world but it seemed simple enough, not too unlike home. Everything seemed to fall into a logical sequence. He sits, unmoving, waiting for events to unfold.

gabrion

First Post
Since she was told to meet in an Inn, Fiona takes the opportunity to show up early, hoping to perform a few songs. She's sad to see the lack of patrons in the inn when she arrives, but none the less she sits toward the front and begins to perform a song of the most beautiful quality (Perform check 58). As everyone arrives, they see a strikingly beautiful woman with long silver hair, bright blue eyes, and pearly white skin singing a touching song of long dead heroes. She wears a white, two-piece dress of fine quality that exposes he midriff and has fresh roses adorning her hair and around her neck.

Divine.jpg

When the mage enters she cuts her song short and turns her attention to him. Hearing him mutter under his breath when he enters, she doesn't respond, but wonders to herself, "Hmm...we're not the only ones he's asked to take on this kind of task, whatever it is." Fiona is eager to find the purpose of her summons, but she is also polite to a extreme degree, which keeps her from just shouting out a bunch questions. Instead, she softly says, "I'm glad you could make it."

[sblock=OOC]
Perform: 58
Spot 1: 0
Spot 2: 7
Listen: 15

Rolls[/sblock]

Last edited:

Crosshair

First Post
Listen[Sblock]http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=177894 =17[/sblock]

Spot Dc 20 [Sblock]http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=177896 Fail [/sblock]

Spot Dc 15 [Sblock]http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=177897 =19[/sblock]

"A wizard... A wizard. Why do you summon a Myrmidon to your presence?"
(I usually post in the first person, rather than the third, when in character, third person when OOC. I=Reaper)

I'm going to cross my bulky arms and I'm thinking... [Sblock]What does this meddling mage have in store today... Will I have to rip this one apart too? Slippery littler suckers...[/sblock]

Last edited:

garlicnation

First Post
"Ah, since you all seem so friendly, I think I shall tell you your quest. You see, my employers are very interested in the planar travel machine housed in this very city, and we are currently attacking the city with our numbers. I am part of a group sent to keep the city's powerful guests at bay. So, all of you walked right into my trap. Now, if you stay here while our attack goes on, you may leave normally when we have what we want."

You see him cast a spell. With verbal and somatic componets

Spellcraft DC 23 to recognise
[sblock]Dimensional Lock[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nephtys

First Post
Aolis looks impassively at the spellcaster.
"Are you threatening us, mr Wizard? Or are you willing to offer us a better reason to do what you ask?
What exactly are you suggesting?"

garlicnation

First Post
Nephtys said:
Aolis looks impassively at the spellcaster.
"Are you threatening us, mr Wizard? Or are you willing to offer us a better reason to do what you ask?
What exactly are you suggesting?"

"What I am suggesting is that you stay here and not make a fuss. You see, while i may have considered telling you more about my orginisation, I can tell that none of you are powerful enough." The spellcaster seems to stare off into the distance, "Ah, we are encountering some trouble getting what we came for, please stay here and dont try to escape, I truly see some potential in you." He then walks off through were the door was, leaving all of you inside the room with no apparent way out.

The bartender, who has been silent througout this encounter, says, "It would be very wise for you to listen to what the nice wizard said. Any of you want a drink?"

Nephtys

First Post
"How interesting," it turns to the people at the nearby table. "It seems we have been abducted and for no other reason than to protect us. What use could he have of us if he's part of an organization powerful enough to attack the greatest city in all existance?"

Crosshair

First Post
I say... [Sblock]"Well, I'm nigh invincible. Well, I suppose we've got the standard pickle here gentlemen...We either sit on our butts and let this wizard take whatever he wants while we kick back and have a round, OR; we can start destroying this wall and stop all this crap. I'm sure I can get all the fighter experience I ever wanted on the outside, but kicking back and having a round is really tempting, it's up to you guys...

If this wizard or these wizards are powerful enough to assault Illumus, it might be a better idea to stay here..."
[/sblock]

gabrion

First Post
Fionna looks particularly disturbed as the situation unfolds. After listening to the wizard and the others who are gathered in the room, she rises gracefully and as she walks toward the wall where the door used to be she says,

"I admittedly don't know what motivates the wizard and his friends to launch this attack, but I'm concerned that people are being hurt outside."

As she says this she reaches the wall and begins to probe the area where the door once was, looking for some telltale sign of an exit.

"I for one will leave this place if I can find a way. I want to know what's going on outside and why this attack is happening in the first place."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads