• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Price is Gen Con?

jdcash

First Post
I did not see anything about this posted already, but today part of one of the showcases on The Price is Right was an all expenses trip to GenCon including airfare, VIG Badge and one VIG Companion Badge, and a room at the new JW Marriott.

I just thought that it was kinda cool and that I would share.

Unfortunately the guy that won it was completely clueless and was a total tool. The upside is unless the VIG package is a will call, there may be a VIG on e-bay soon. :)

I was hoping the hot red-head with the dynamite smile would win both showcases, it was pretty obvious she not only knew what GenCon was, but wanted it badly. If there hadn't been a car in that first showcase, neo-maxi zoom dweebie would have passed it.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
If they were trying to promote GenCon then good on 'em

If they were trying to promote VIG packages specifically it was a waste as they have already sold out - it took all of 3 hours.

Lan-"if the winner lived outside the US then it's will-call for sure"-efan

jdcash

First Post
If they were trying to promote GenCon then good on 'em

If they were trying to promote VIG packages specifically it was a waste as they have already sold out - it took all of 3 hours.

Lan-"if the winner lived outside the US then it's will-call for sure"-efan

Who nows how long this has been in the works. This could have been agreed to long before badges went on sell. The two promotions are not mutually exclusive anyway. Any promotion of the VIG is already also promoting GenCon as a whole.

evildmguy

Explorer
First, I think this is cool! I need to find it on youtube and see if I can watch it.

Second, this seems really, really specific. I mean, we all know our game is not mainstream in terms of going to GenCon. But, this seems like such a specific prize to have. I wonder if they figured one of the people would be interested in it and so put it in specially for them?

Is that like a DM loading the treasure for a specific character? And then they don't get it?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Second, this seems really, really specific. I mean, we all know our game is not mainstream in terms of going to GenCon. But, this seems like such a specific prize to have. I wonder if they figured one of the people would be interested in it and so put it in specially for them?

I guess this brings up the question of how "our game" relates to Gencon. D&D (assuming that's what you mean by "our game") is admittedly a large part of Gencon but nowhere near as big a part of it as it once was. I think this discussion calls for a thread of its own, so I willl start one. :D

Is that like a DM loading the treasure for a specific character? And then they don't get it?

Funny. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads