• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Syld
"It would seem I can't make you change your mind. Then to another interesting topic: how did you get one of the gith to your side? As far as I know, they're a psionic race."

Jirlai nods. "He is my employer. He has hired me to assist him in acquiring the Psionicle."

"I was brought on to be his assistant." Tori'shel says simply. "I was sent to collect the pieces of the Psionicle at any cost. I went only because I plan on destroying the pieces, and this job seemed to be the only way to get near them."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Dalamar said:
"Sounds interesting... tell me more about him."

"You're going to have to be a little more specific than that." Jirlai says. "What are you looking for. Then I can answer your question."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I was hoping you'd tell me all you know. We'll start with his name and the reason he wants the pieces of Psionicle."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Syld
"I was hoping you'd tell me all you know. We'll start with his name and the reason he wants the pieces of Psionicle."

Jirlai mumbles something. Tori'shel looks at him, glares slightly, then turns back to face Syld.

"The githyanki's name... is Ratheqar." She says. "He is a psion of immense power. He has told me that he wishes to reconstruct the Psionicle, to return psionics to its former power. How he plans to do that, I do not know."

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
"He's a psion of immense power and you are planning to betray him? I think that's pretty stupid.
Well, let's not discuss that. Does he have any parts of the Psionicle?"

Zhure

First Post
Osius

"I find it odd you can't recognize that your group is cooperating amongst themselves, yet each of you is a disparate 'power'. As is our little group.

"Personally, if only one group can survive, I'd want it to be psionics, but I see no reason all three cannot cooperate and live in harmony. It's your blind faith in this dogma of opposition and non-cohabitation that makes you not see your own actions bely your position."

Jarval

Explorer
Having gathered all the artifacts in the temple, Jansson stands guard over them while he waits for Jhessail to return.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Re: Osius

Osius
"I find it odd you can't recognize that your group is cooperating amongst themselves, yet each of you is a disparate 'power'. As is our little group.

Jirlai smiles. "Indeed. Appearances, however, can be deceiving. You operate together to achieve the same goal. As a whole, we gather the Psionicle - but each does for different purposes."

"Personally, if only one group can survive, I'd want it to be psionics, but I see no reason all three cannot cooperate and live in harmony. It's your blind faith in this dogma of opposition and non-cohabitation that makes you not see your own actions bely your position."

"Of course you would." Jirlai says. "They cannot, however, live in harmony and cooperation, no matter how much you want it."

"And it is not 'blind faith'. It is a knowledge of the truth. My actions do not bely my position, fool. I work for Ratheqar to gather the Psionicle that I may get close to it, and therefore destroy it. I have no wish to see it assembled, and if it were, then... I do not know what I would do. But that is irrelevant, as it will never be assembled. It will be destroyed long before that becomes an issue."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jarval said:
Having gathered all the artifacts in the temple, Jansson stands guard over them while he waits for Jhessail to return.

OOC:
OOC:
I need to know exactly *where* are all three artifacts in relation to each other. If there is someone holding them, I need to know who that person is and where they are.

-----

Jhessail returns slowly. "Two were willing to guard the door to the temple. They are posssitioned outside the door. If the illithid come to take the Eye, then we will know almossst immediately when they come."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads