• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Syld
"For now, I decide to trust your words to the letter...
Did you order Keth's death? In that case he wouldn't have been killed 'by your hand'.
And to the big question: why are you after the Gems?"

"I did not kill the orc, nor did I order his death." The sorcerer says. "I was not in any way connected to it."

As you ask your second question, Jirlai laughs. "Why am I going after the Psionicle? I think that has a rather obvious answer, doesn't it? But I will explain anyway... I have nothing better to do."

"As you may be aware, psionics is dying. As a whole, it is weakening in strength. Without the Psionicle, it will continue to lose power until finally, the force of psionics is dead... and all those who practice it with it." He then looks directly at Syld. "If you were in my place, you would understand the importance of that fact."

-----

Jansson
Jansson strides back to the temple, looking for Jhessail as he goes.

Jhessail is nowhere in sight throughout the village. However, once you enter the temple, you find that she is standing near the pedestal, gazing silently at the Eye of Imzil, apparently deep in thought.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I can't really tell if you're after destroying or rebuilding the Psionicle from your speach. But you must know that if one of the three forces was to die, there would be unbalance which would likely result in another force getting destroyed."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Syld
"I can't really tell if you're after destroying or rebuilding the Psionicle from your speech. But you must know that if one of the three forces was to die, there would be unbalance which would likely result in another force getting destroyed."

"Now you're catching on." Jirlai says.

"As a sorcerer, I of course favor magic. Assuming that all magic-users in the world play their cards right, we could very well succeed in destroying technology. By that time, psionics will be gone, having faded away through lack of having the completed psionicle. Hence... magic will be the final force left."

"And that is the goal." He says, nodding slightly. "To be the last force left, the last one standing."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"And you just forgot to tell this information to Tori'Shel, didn't you? I don't think she'd be mighty pleased with it."
Syld grins to Jhirlai.
"Did you even think what might happen if there would be only one force left?
There are two extreme possibilities.
One: the force, now having nothing holding it back, starts giving its power at full force to its followers. This causes them either to straight die from the sudden input of energy or kill eachother in an attempt to get more of it.
Two: Everybody turn to the remaining force, they have to, the other two aren't there anymore. The sudden draw of energy burns the force out. Bye-bye to the last force."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Syld
"And you just forgot to tell this information to Tori'shel, didn't you? I don't think she'd be mighty pleased with it."

At that, Tori'shel looks to Jirlai - a look of anger crossing her face.

Syld
"Did you even think what might happen if there would be only one force left?
There are two extreme possibilities.
One: the force, now having nothing holding it back, starts giving its power at full force to its followers. This causes them either to straight die from the sudden input of energy or kill eachother in an attempt to get more of it.
Two: Everybody turn to the remaining force, they have to, the other two aren't there anymore. The sudden draw of energy burns the force out. Bye-bye to the last force."

Jirlai laughs.

"No one knows what will happen. If something unusual does happen, however, those of us who remain could leave this plane of existence, and enter another until this one returns to normal."

Jirlai nods. "You may be right. Yet, you may be wrong. And frankly, the possibility for the supremacy of magic is worth the risk of destroying the world."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"And you're willing to take that risk? From what I've seen, you're not that great a spellcaster. Are you truely willing to give your life so some other of your kind can collect the fruits of your labor?"

Zhure

First Post
Osius

Osius also returns to the temple at the best possible speed.

"There'll be time for sight seeing later, after we've secured the artifacts."

Jarval

Explorer
"Lady Jhessail." Jansson bows as he addresses the priestess. "I think a guard on the temple would be wise. We have three artifacts of power within its walls, and the Illithid have attacked us once already."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads