• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Reconquista OOC

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Branding Opportunity said:
So here's a question for anyone who is a bit more tech-savy than I am. I know I can copy bits of PDF files using the "Snapshot Tool". But where do I copy them to so I can save them as JPGs or GIFs? I'm running Windows XP, and don't have photoshop or anything fancy like that. Any ideas?

Got Microsoft Word, I presume?

Snapshot the picture. Paste it into a blank Word document. Save as Web Page (type .htm, not .mht). There should be a FILENAME_files directory where you saved it - the image will be in there as a .jpg.

-Hyp.

Hypersmurf said:
Got Microsoft Word, I presume?

Snapshot the picture. Paste it into a blank Word document. Save as Web Page (type .htm, not .mht). There should be a FILENAME_files directory where you saved it - the image will be in there as a .jpg.
Brilliant! That did the trick. Thank you very much.

So here's the map of Geoff you wanted (albeit not the best quality).

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

James Heard

Explorer
Or you could just do what I did and grab screenshots with a handy freeware screencap tool. It's actually less work for a lot of things, though occasionally I admit the quality diminishes. I'm probably going to have a go at working on those composite maps of the Sheldomar tonight.

James Heard said:
Or you could just do what I did and grab screenshots with a handy freeware screencap tool. It's actually less work for a lot of things, though occasionally I admit the quality diminishes. I'm probably going to have a go at working on those composite maps of the Sheldomar tonight.
If you want, I have a larger PNG version of that picture that is much better quality. It's too bit to upload here, but I'd be happy to email it to you (.4 Megs).

James Heard

Explorer
If you want, I have a larger PNG version of that picture that is much better quality. It's too bit to upload here, but I'd be happy to email it to you (.4 Megs).
I took a bunch of pictures of the (really poorly executed but very detailed) Living Geoff maps I think. So now I think I've got enough of Keoland, Sterich, the Yeomanry and Geoff to make a pretty good map. Should be fun.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Just to start your brains working, figure out a reason for being in the village of Fitela in eastern Sterich at the beginning of Fireseek, 585 CY.

The forts along the Jotens north of Mittleburg still stand, but have begun reporting greatly increased movements of humanoids and giant-kin in their vicinities. Earl Querchard, in desperation, has just called for a general evacuation of all of western and southern Sterich. All members of the militia and general army currently east of the Oyt road are to converge on the capitol for further orders.

Reivik had been in the easternmost Joten fort, doing general labour on the fortifications and collecting stories from the soldiers stationed there, until the invasion began.

In accordance with the evacuation order, he's leaving southern Sterich. It seems that the most sensible course open to him is to travel to the capital - he's neither militia nor general army, but if he wants to do some good in the war, the army's mustering point seems a likely place to start.

Fitela lies on his route...

-Hyp.

James Heard

Explorer
Giants, ogres, and orcs have been pouring out of the Jotens and Crystalmists for two weeks, and much of south-western Sterich is already believed to be overrun. The border forts along the Crystalmists, completely unprepared by the size and ferocity of the assault have either collapsed, or are being besieged and on the verge of collapse. The enemy is believed to hold the southern banks of the Davish river as far north as Reluse, and on the northern banks has captured the village of Poignard. The forts along the Jotens north of Mittleburg still stand, but have begun reporting greatly increased movements of humanoids and giant-kin in their vicinities. Earl Querchard, in desperation, has just called for a general evacuation of all of western and southern Sterich. Local militias are to assist in this evacuation and not, repeat, not confront the enemy unless it is to protect the evacuees. All members of the militia and general army currently east of the Oyt road are to converge on the capitol for further orders.

In addition to the terrible news on the western front, this is one of the worst winters that anyone can remember. Deathly cold winds have been blowing off the mountains, carrying with them much snow and ice. When the winds die down, the sound of giant trumpets and the baying of winter wolves can be heard in the far-off distance.
Mavic spent the last couple of weeks assembling his band of warriors and hiring unsavory mercenaries from the Sea Barons. It was obvious that his father wouldn't leave the manor, so with the help of his trusted lieutenant Gregos he determined that the risk was worth doing. Heady with pride and arrogance from his adventures, he was sure that with some effort his band of skirmishers would be able to infiltrate the giant lines and rescue his family from their own stubborness. Besides, if he didn't do it then no one would- his brothers were surely attached firmly to the backside of that coward Querchard and his armies. Rumors said that everything south of Mittleberg was lost, but his family had been in the area for generations and knew every hidden cave and hob den to hide in for miles around. They were alive, if only in Mavic's reckless mind.

Thanee

First Post
Seeten said:
So I just got from my tabletop D&D game, and our party of 4 7th level characters was dice fudged out of a tpk against a cr 7 monster. If my barbarian had Close Quarters Fighting, we wouldnt have needed a dice fudge. You know, I debated it with myself long and hard for the barbarian, and I did again for the paladin, and again, chose against it. If I get grappled by a giant, I am gonna scream, I swear.

The last grappling monster we stumbled into had a grapple check of +44 (we were about 11th-12th level by then)... and eight arms! :eek:

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
[SBLOCK]
OK, I'm writing the first intro post. Just to start your brains working, figure out a reason for being in the village of Fitela in eastern Sterich at the beginning of Fireseek, 585 CY (see map in James Heard’s post above). Here's the situation:

Giants, ogres, and orcs have been pouring out of the Jotens and Crystalmists for two weeks, and much of south-western Sterich is already believed to be overrun. The border forts along the Crystalmists, completely unprepared by the size and ferocity of the assault have either collapsed, or are being besieged and on the verge of collapse. The enemy is believed to hold the southern banks of the Davish river as far north as Reluse, and on the northern banks has captured the village of Poignard. The forts along the Jotens north of Mittleburg still stand, but have begun reporting greatly increased movements of humanoids and giant-kin in their vicinities. Earl Querchard, in desperation, has just called for a general evacuation of all of western and southern Sterich. Local militias are to assist in this evacuation and not, repeat, not confront the enemy unless it is to protect the evacuees. All members of the militia and general army currently east of the Oyt road are to converge on the capitol for further orders.

In addition to the terrible news on the western front, this is one of the worst winters that anyone can remember. Deathly cold winds have been blowing off the mountains, carrying with them much snow and ice. When the winds die down, the sound of giant trumpets and the baying of winter wolves can be heard in the far-off distance.
[/SBLOCK]

Latalya was traveling in northern Keoland, when the news of the invasion raced across the kingdom and reached her and the other adventurers she was with at that time*. They disbanded immediately. One of her traveling companions had family in Fitela, while the other two where headed for the western front for similar reasons. Latalya decided to accompany the first. On their way southwards, they passed several treks of farmers and other simple folk, who were fleeing away from the waves of attackers with all the belongings they could carry.

* The adventurers mentioned in her background would then best be someone else, I think. :)

EDIT: Background updated in RG.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads