The Revised Marvel Universe (M&M2)

Shayuri

First Post
Insight, I have a question about Franklin's mechanics.

It looks like you designed his arrays as Dynamic...that is, with the "pool total" of the array freely assignable to any of the powers in the array...but it doesn't look like you accounted for the higher cost of a dynamic array.

Insight

Adventurer
Insight, I have a question about Franklin's mechanics.

It looks like you designed his arrays as Dynamic...that is, with the "pool total" of the array freely assignable to any of the powers in the array...but it doesn't look like you accounted for the higher cost of a dynamic array.

I thought Arrays were dynamic by default. Otherwise, they're pretty useless. I'll have to go back and check the rules.

EDIT: Apparently, I missed that in the rules. I'll modify the character sheet to match. I think it will only change a point or two.

BTW, where's Valeria's character sheet?

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
No, being dynamic increases their cost. But they're far from useless, even non-dynamic. You just have to build them to suit their limits.

In general, arrays should consist of powers that have Instant durations, because only one power effect can be in effect at a time, unless it's an ongoing consequence of an instant effect (ex: damage, paralysis, being ensnared, etc).

For example, I could have designed Val's force powers as an array. It would have looked like this:

Create Object, 2pp/rank, +10, 20pp
- AP: Blast +10
- AP: Telekinesis +10

The problem here is that if she's using Create Object, and is maintaining the object, she can'tattack with ablast, or move anything with TK. Because of that limit, each AP costs only 1 point.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
DistractingFlair,

I have a question. What are your thoughts one the "Noticable" drawback on Protection? I ask because I was thinking of having Delta's armor being somewhat fluid.. that is she has an armored mode (Sentinel) and a Covert mode where her armor reconfigures to give her a human appearance (basically placing Morph 1 point per rank alternate power on Protection)

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I was thinking about it, and my conclusion was that even after doing the "noticable" drawback the "morph AP" would be unnecessary. Instead I'm giving her an "Enhanced Quickchange" feat would work since, mechanically speaking, Delta's outfit/body's outer shell changes but not enough to trick anyone into believing she was someone else..

Here is what I have in mind:

"Covert mode" appearance would give Delta's cybernetic body a look similar to Gally from Battle Angel Alita (ironicly, I just remembered the series' translated title). Fluff wise beyond changing the look of her chassis plating, the nanites also can create "temporary" synthetic fibers to cover her body

"Sentinel Mode" makes her armor plating look bulkier/sentinel like. IE a female "Sentinel Squad" suit of armor but with that one Prime Sentinel crown-less helmet.

Last edited:

So I just picked up this month's issue of Fantastic Four. (I've been reading Hickman's SHIELD series, and heard great things about his current FF run).

Oh my god, it's good.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I tend to read the X-men side of the Marvel U... sadly their quality continues to slide to hell. If it wasn't because of the fact that I liked how Hope Summers was written in Cable, I probably would have dropped the main title after Second Comming Ended.

I'm sort of wishing that I picked up some of the non-X books when Heroic Age started..

Relique: These are indeed difficult times to be an X-fan. I grew up on X-Men, too. Actually, the first comic I ever read was the X-Men vs. Avengers mini-series where they the Winter Guard over Magneto. Good times.

The books i'm loving lately are Thunderbolts and Daredevil. While I've been a huge Daredevil fan for most of my 20 years, Thunderbolts is a recent obsession of mine. Jeff Parker picked up the writing 3 or 4 issues ago, and each one has been a home run as far as quality goes.

In case anyone cares, here's my pull list from the past few weeks and a quick rating on each, for a gauge of my tastes.

Fantastic Four #583
Thor #615
Secret Avengers #5
Avengers #5
Hulk #25
Thunderbolts #147-148
Super-Soldier #3
Daredevil #510
Batman & Robin #14
Ultimate Avengers 3 #2
Immortal Weapons TPB
Sinister Spider-Man (Dark Avengers) TPB

Sometimes I don't even realize what a Marvel fanboy I appear to be...
(But I've got every issue of Batman & Robin so far! Doesn't that count for something?)

edit: for some reason, I just typed up this whole long post. I cannot even begin to understand why someone would care for my opinion, either.

Remove ads