The Rod of Seven Parts: Kauai Team OOC

Ambrus

Explorer
I'd rather not have to change Mael's alignment. He was raised in a militaristic goblin society. Having his entire tribe wiped out by merciless adventurers hasn't really helped his disposition much.

I understand. In that case, would you prefer to bow out? Or create a different character? I would like to see you play and am willing to finaggle the situation, interparty, to make it happen.

Argent, at this point I'll ask you how you feel about altering Pilgrim's Paladin Code of Ethics to accomodate association with Maelicent with a NE alignment.

A question for you, Ambrus...over time, do you envision Maelicent keeping his NE alignment tag or would he gravitate to neutrality or even to goodness?

Last edited:

If anyone else can part with some time today, you might consider getting your character sheet up in the RG sometime today. I will spend time during the evening looking over stats for the sheets posted in the RG. Since my evenings fall during the wee hours of the morning for most of you, that should give you some time to play with. :)

Voadam

Legend
CB, thanks for the offer of a spot, here is my proposed character. He's not an actual cleric but he serves a little bit in that role and I think he'd mesh well with team Kauai. This would be the third ENWorld pbp that I've gotten him into.

Eponymous character concept.

[SBLOCK]Voadam the Green Wizard
Human Ranger 1
NG

Str 14
Dex 14
Con 14
Int 16
Wis 8
Cha 12

AC 12 (+2 dex), Touch 12, FF 10
HP 10

F +4, R +4, W -1

Attack: Heavy Mace +3 1d8+2(3)
Full attack: Heavy Mace +3 1d8+2(3)

Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike, Deflect Arrows, Track (B)

Favored Enemy Outsiders (Evil) +2
Wild Empathy +0

Skills:
Concentration +6 (4+2)
Knowledge Dungeoneering +5 (4+3)
Knowledge Geography +7 (4+3)
Knowledge Nature +7 (4+3)
Listen +3 (4-1)
Ride +6 (4+2)
Spot +3 (4-1)
Search +7 (4+3)
Survival +3 (4-1)
Swim +6 (4+2)

Languages: Common, Orcish, Abyssal, Mongolic

Equipment
Heavy mace 12 gp 1d8+2
Black robes
Green sash
Wand of cure light wounds, with however many charges left to finish off starting wealth. (750 gp for 50 charges = 15 gp per charge).

Voadam is a large bear of a man with striking steel blue eyes, long brown hair and a full beard. Scars give evidence to a life lived hard. He wears black robes belted with a green sash. A wand is tucked into the sash and a large metal mace hangs from his other hip.

Voadam was born to a viking culture on a world far removed from this one. He journeyed across his world as a mercenary until he encountered a banished drow noble who he got to take him on as an apprentice in the wizardly arts, later he journeyed to mongolic lands and studied under a wujen who taught him magics and the complimentary martial arts of the lotus petal style. He quested to save the unstable magic of his world but became afflicted by dimensional rifts that occasionally tore him from one place to another, sometimes from world to world. He became a sailor of the void between worlds and visited many realms. At various points he has been a merchant prince, a mercenary, a wanted outlaw, imperial adviser, and a witch/demon/vampire hunter. He has made deals with demons and fought side by side with paladins.

Most recently he was involved in opposing a necromancer named Demmin Nass the Black. Nass had captured Voadam and others and used them in a ritual to summon and bind the Aspect of a demon lord named Xiphid. Something happened with the elemental chaos of the ritual leading to a dimensional rift that freed Voadam but stole some of his recent memories. Voadam and his companions started the path to recovering their knowledge and fulfilling a prophecy to stop the demon lord’s full manifestation when Voadam’s memories stop again as he was completing a third prophesied challenge. He found himself in an alley in a strange city, his spell book and almost all of his magical power gone.

Voadam is a friendly, inquisitive, and calculating man. He has seen many things and is an experienced hunter of evil. Pragmatic, greedy, and mercenary though he may be, underneath he is a good man and can’t help himself from getting involved in the affairs of the worlds he finds himself in. He is currently interested in learning about where he is, recovering his magical powers, and rebuilding a new spellbook.

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=162326

Career path for him is six levels of wizard then eldritch knight. As a ranger he can use wands with ranger spells such as cure light wounds but for now that is the extent of his magic. [/SBLOCK]

Ambrus

Explorer
I'm not certain whether Mael would ever lighten up. It would depend how's he's treated and what events transpire around him as a campaign progresses. What the party really needs is a cleric, and I can't really think of one that appeals to me at the moment. Since Mael would be stuck in Kauai with a paladin and Voadam is also proposing another ranger character I think it'd be best if I just bow out of this game.

Ambrus, let me please be the first to say that I understand but am nevertheless sorry to see you bow out. I completely understand not wanting to change a character concept, particularly since you were asked to do so after selection. Thank you for keeping your temper even after things unfolded, and good gaming to you. You're more than welcome to join in at a later date or in another game of mine.

Voadam, thank you for joining in. Glad to see you. Please go ahead and post the PC in the RG. I'll begin vetting stats tonight (though with Voadam the Green Wizard being eponymous, I don't think it'll be likely that you'll need any correcting from me :) ).

edit: right-o, saw after the fact that you'd gone ahead and put Voadam up in the RG. thanks.

Rino said he would create a cleric for this game. Rino, are you still around? Let us know if something's come up and you've changed your mind about playing.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
CB, I'm looking forward to this, your spider queen game was fun while it lasted.

I use the srd and don't have a PH to reference Ranger starting money, so I'm not sure how many charges the wand should have at 15 gp per charge.

I'm going to revise the RG entry to ditch the mace he had so he starts with just the wand and torn seared robes. Its not really a power build but I've played the character a long time, enjoy playing him, and I like the restart from nothing RP aspect.

I think his looking for a wizard to start rebuilding his wizarding powers can give a hook to want to connect to the dwarven transmuter.

Remove ads