The Romance of the River Kingdoms

Dr Simon

Explorer
Rollling Man: Don't forget that the hook allows for the character to have helped the Vashti as well as having been helped by her. The salsham'ai are quite affable and kind people on the whole, so perhaps he is connected to the Vashti through a shared good deed.

For salsham'ai characters, there are a couple of feats that didn't make it to the PDF. Enhanced Camouflage means that the camouflage bonus is the same no matter what the background is. Multidextrous removes some of the penalty for using feet for fine dexterity.

Blackrat: Certainly the first meaning of the Cult of Beauty, that is young rich folk obsessed with looks, is possible for PCs. The other type, murderers of the aesthetically offensive, would probably not be PC material (although I'm not averse to a character slipping to the dark side).

Shayuri: Officially, no. However it strikes me as a fairly narrow ruling so I'd say yes. Nai-nek-chai, with their spirit ancestry, ought to have a touch of the magical about them. Note that casting spells would come under 'not normal behaviour' for anyone closely observing the animal!

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
So tell me about paladins. If I understood correctly they are not restricted to LG? Is there a cause that reveres beauty?

Dr Simon

Explorer
To tell you the truth I don't have solid details worked out, but I'm looking at something like the Champions in Monte Cooks Arcana Evolved (where you can have champions of freedom, justice, life, death, light, darkness, knowledge etc.)

So, yes, you could have a paladin of beauty, that would be an interesting concept :cool: . I'm not sure what the powers would be specifically (although the Charisma bonus to saving throws still seems appropriate). If we both have a think on that, and I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
So instead of Smite Evil I get Bump Uglies? :cool: Yeah, If you would take some time working some rules I'd like to give Paladin of Beauty a shot. I think LN would probably be appropriate alignment.

Redclaw

First Post
I would love to join in here, possibly with a melee-oriented ranger; a plains Tlaxu seems like a good fit. Xielt would likely be a guide who lives on the border between the Tlaxu lands and human society. He had been hired by the Vashti for one or more missions involving guiding human missionaries (or some similar group) to Tlaxu settlements. Depending on the mechanics, he might dual-wield claw-sticks.

Walking Dad

First Post
Would a spontanous casting druid be okay?

I would like to add this, too.

[sblock]Druid

The druid might choose to give up her wild shape ability in exchange for becoming a swift and deadly hunter.

Gain
Bonus to Armor Class when unarmored (as monk, including Wisdom bonus to AC), fast movement (as monk), favored enemy (as ranger), swift tracker (as ranger), Track feat (as ranger).

Lose
Armor and shield proficiency, wild shape (all versions). [/sblock]

Human or Nai-nek-chai (Baboon)

Last edited:

A Passing Maniac

First Post
Oh, I wish I had noticed this earlier this morning... though I am the seventh to submit a character idea, I hope I might still be taken under consideration. The World of Conclave sounds like a wonderful setting, and I'd love to join the game.

I was considering a human bard, skilled with both the word and the sword, the son of a minor noble family from Utashar. He became disillusioned with his parents' beloved but stagnant and declining homeland, and so struck out on his own to experience the world. And on his travels, he happened to meet the Vashti... though I am not sure exactly yet what happened when he did. :) Later tonight, when I have had the opportunity to think on the character a little more, I shall post more about him.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Blackrat: LOL! One question - do you see him more as protecting beauty or as destroying ugliness? Or somewhere in between?

Redclaw: I'm pretty sure that there are one-handed and two-handed versions of the claw-sticks, so a dual-wield would work.

Walking Dad: I like that particular variant and would be happy to allow it. No problems for spontaneous casting either. Either race is fine.

Passing Maniac: Sounds good, I'm willing to go up to seven.

Redclaw

First Post
Do the races (specifically Tlaxu for me) have any racial ability bonuses or penalties? I could find that on the pdf.

My thoughts about the claw-stick center around the details of the weapon. Is it a light weapon (and thus open to weapon finesse)? How much damage does it do? Is it piercing or slashing? Any details you can give would be great.

Remove ads