The Romance of the River Kingdoms

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock="OOC, Growling Ape"]
Communication in baboon form would basically be the same as Wild Empathy - i.e. non-verbal, postural, attitude. So full communication would require human form. Don't forget that he's now naked except for his quarterstaff![/sblock]

[sblock="Knowledge (nature)"]
Take 10 +3 =13. The pack leader is male.
[/sblock]

[sblock="Diplomacy"]
Roll 12+0 =12
[/sblock]
The wolf emits a deep growl. "Your flattery is cheap, ape-man. The man-things with you will try to kill us; it is what they do. We want nothing from them. Leave this place."

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Yes, this is within sight and earshot of the rest of you, although those beyond the wall may not see all of the wolves in the collonades. All of you can hear and understand the pack leader; it's speaking Low Imperial, this isn't due to Ape's wild empathy.

Walking Dad

First Post
Dr Simon said:
The wolf emits a deep growl. "Your flattery is cheap, ape-man. The man-things with you will try to kill us; it is what they do. We want nothing from them. Leave this place."
"I will go back to the other man-things. I hope the can end this situation without bloodshed." With these Ape turns and returns to the other to claim his belongings and discuss further plans.

Walking Dad

First Post
Growling Ape

Shayuri said:
"We don't want to hurt any wolves!" Annika calls, unexpectedly loudly. "If we did, why would we bother trying to talk?"
"Me neither. It cannot be the will of the vashti to have to kill someone at his home. And don't forget: The arrogant army will lose the battle for sure."

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Tha pack leader and two other wolves follow Ape to the entrance, stopping about 20 ft. away between the entrance and the tree.

The leader's ears prick up at Xielt's comments.

"We are not dogs!" it snarls. "We do not need man-things to house and feed us and make us slaves!" It paces back and forth, agitated, then turns its gaze on Annika. Its eyes glow golden red in the sunset.

"Will you swear an oath?" it asks. "Will you swear by your ancestors? Will you swear that you will leave us alone, and that the other man-things," here it gestures with its muzzle in the general direction of Cormondal, "will leave us alone to hunt? Swear this to us, and we will let you look for your statue."

Last edited:

Remove ads