The Romance of the River Kingdoms

Walking Dad

First Post
"I will go to the wolves and try to calm them. This is not the time for wise words, but for actions. Does anyone of you would like to accompany me?" Ape asks the others.

The Rolling Man

First Post
Jar'Thol, Salsham'ai shaman

"I hope you are a friend of the wolf spirits and you can be successful in this, Ape. However, I fear that bloodshed may be unavoidable and I'll watch over you from the top of the wall. Just remember what I said earlier. If you run into trouble, make your way to the rhododendron and the Blossoming Mother will help you." Once the plan is put into motion, Jar'Thol will climb the wall, just south of the entrance (climb +10). He then watches the courtyard from this high position, holding a tiny sling in one hand.

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC:

Note that the surrounding wall is only about three feet high. Even for a little fella like Jar'thol it's not much more than a hop up. Also don't forget that a salsham'ai can always choose to Take 10 whilst climbing, so you can go for an automatic result of 20 if you like.

The Rolling Man

First Post
Dr Simon said:
OOC:

Note that the surrounding wall is only about three feet high. Even for a little fella like Jar'thol it's not much more than a hop up. Also don't forget that a salsham'ai can always choose to Take 10 whilst climbing, so you can go for an automatic result of 20 if you like.

OOC: Right. Sorry I forgot that. Is there anything else he can climb that's a bit higher (i.e. out of wolf's reach :p ) ? If not, well 3 ft is better then nothing. And yes, Jar'Thol will take 10 on most climb checks.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
"I will be there to cover you" Three Flowers says to Ape. He will take position of about 50ft behind him so he can get in if need be.

Redclaw

First Post
Truly this is a strange place, Xielt says to the others. I have not known many statues that actively watch their viewers. He points to the wolf with the gleaming yellow eyes, even as he draws his rapier.

Walking Dad

First Post
Ape

"Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst."
Ape says as he enchants his staff

"Be a beast to soothe a beast."
Ape changes into a baboon, retakes his staff and moves to 30 ft at the wolf.

There he performs gestures and sounds of friendship and understanding.

[sblock=ooc]Casts Shillelagh.
Changes to baboon form.
Wild empathy check (1d20+1)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock="Growling Ape"]
Wild Empathy roll 16 +1 =17
[/sblock]

Ape moves in such a way to suggest that he is not a threat, yet not weak enough to prey upon.

The wolf sat upon the statue plinth licks its chops and lets out a yipping bark. As he enters the courtyard, Ape sees that another wolf sits on a convergence of low branches beneath the rhododendron. This wolf yawns and also gives a whine and a yolp.

The two low buildings are fronted by covered collonades, behind which multiple doorways lead into the building itself. From these, on both sides, more wolves emerge. They slink out of the doors, coolly regarding the baboon and stand peering from behind the cover of the pillars. They start up a chorus of quiet yelps and growls.

From around the right hand side of the tree stalks a large black-furred wolf, walking with an easy confidence. It stops at the side of the tree. The other wolves stop their noise.

"Leave this place, ape-thing," it growls in Low Imperial1. "It is ours now."

1This is not as startling as it may seem. As Ape and Annika have both demonstrated, the boundaries between man and beast are less clearly defined in Conclave. Talking animals, as well as shapechangers, are an accepted part of folklore.

Walking Dad

First Post
Ape tries, if this wolf understands the language of the apes. If not he will change back to human form and addresses him (her?) again. "Proud leader of this great pack, we came to search for a statue in the shape of a human woman. It is about two feet tall, made of stone. can you help us, please? Maybe we can help you in return."

Remove ads