The Rules of Character Engagement

Ruthia

First Post
Rain Cloud said:
915: if you RP on other systems besides D&D your a traitor to the gaming community

916 (inverse of 915) If you have NEVER RP'd on other gaming systems besides D&D you are a traitor to the gaming community.

Dontella

First Post
Magi_Brigid said:
Subtext to 905: As of 2030, Mountain Dew was found to be of such toxicity to humanity that it is no longer able to be served to anyone under the age of 21. After that, you're an adult and it's your funeral. That doesn't mean every club has it on tap. Moral to the story: Bring your own MD.

ZOMG.. *cries* Must have.. Dewww.. er.

Actually none of my TMP people drink soda.. huh.

Shasf

First Post
Magi_Brigid said:
Subtext to 905: As of 2030, Mountain Dew was found to be of such toxicity to humanity that it is no longer able to be served to anyone under the age of 21. After that, you're an adult and it's your funeral. That doesn't mean every club has it on tap. Moral to the story: Bring your own MD.

Thank you for clearing that up... if Shasf were in the TMP It'd give you a hug.

*doesn't know Dontella, but steals all MD from her anyways... storing it away for later use*

918:: Posting rules makes you a bad roleplayer

919:: Not posting rules makes you a poor roleplayer

920:: You are not evil, until you steal cookies and chocolate from said cookies and chocolate owners or consumers

921:: You are not good unless you give cookies and chocolate to all

922:: If you roleplay, that inherintly makes you a bad gamer

Elf_Ariel

First Post
924:: RPers...cant count as well as having poor grammar?!

923:: (ammended 924) Until it comes to lots of a die, then well, we're all geni-i!
--side note-- what the hell is the singular of dice? And the plural of genius!? *cough cough*

925:: If this thread reaches 1000, the ISRP world as we know it is in fact going to go up in smoke...*secretly hides her box of matches*

--next side note-- 923 rhymes, and I only just realised after writing 925 XD. Certainly not intended!

Deirdre

First Post
926: All attractive female characters must have "ample breast" in the description to considered so.

927: It can't be hair, it has to be, "locks, tresses, or some other elaborate way of describing hair".

fowai_uss

First Post
melynxt said:
(i) yes i have a vampiric chicken.

(ii) yes he wears a monicle.

(iii) yes he speaks with an austrian accent.

(iv) yes, his name is Count Von Cluck and he wears a cape.

(v) yes, he's an undead chicken with a single fang.

(vi) yes, i know, he's a chicken.

(vii) but yes, he can be killed, and has vampiric weaknesses, and chicky weaknesses too

(viii) *sighs and hangs head* yes, there was plans to make a duck paladin in full plate with a sword and everything.

melynxt said:
and your bloody name is "FRED, or GEORGE, or BOB, or, your name is so confusing and looks more like "sdaflkjsadlkdfjasdf" than a name

Pure comedic genius!

Andion Isurand said:
680. If you're going to play a powerful character, do it right. :smirk:

(for example)

This is most_uber_character:

Most_Uber_Character is a paragon, pseudonatural, reptilian, insectile, air element, fire element, half-giant, half-fiend, half-dragon, vampiric, 7-foot tall, chosen drow archlich abomination 'anti-magister' who is also a legendary dire behemoth titanic lycanthrop of every animal and has existed since time itself first began. He is in fact an all-knowing, all-powerful legendary overdeity that could erase Lord Ao and everything else in existance with a mere thought and bring them all back again just the same. On a whim, he could repeat this event over and over again an infinite number of times within a space of time that is infinitely finite. Suck on that.

( this is kinda fun.... )

681-700, contributed by Bhryn...BRILLIANT!!!

Bhryn Astairre said:
719: Putting your name into latin makes you sound 'hard' and 'cooler'.

Bhryn Astairre said:
729: Men will compete with swords until the cows come home, women just get on with it: ie!

Men: My swords bigger!
Men: No mine!
Men: Mine's got super haste!
Men: Mines got frog protection!
Men: well yeah... mine....

Women: Ha! stabbity!
Women: ow! *dies.*

Case rested.

730: Beware of demons bursting into song. It's quite bewildering. Especially as they're demons.
appendage: if they dance, run a-w-a-y!!!

More genius of the comedic variety!

There are many, many, many more that I would like to quote, but I do believe that would take up much too much space, thus I shall spare you the horror of yet another unbelievably long post.

Whether or not you have guessed it yet, yes, I have in fact read through this ENTIRE thread, from start to finish. As such, I am bound by the Laws of Friggin-Long-Threadium to add my two cents to this never ending list...

928. No respectable hero(ine) had a happy childhood.

929. No respectable villain(ess) had a happy childhood.

930. A character's background history can, at any time, be dramatically changed to reflect the player's current desires without changing the way said character acts, whatsoever.

931. Beware any cute, friendly woodland creature you happen upon in the Garden.

932. NEVER get between Fowai and a cookie.

933. NEVER presume that a drink offered by Fowai is a simple drink and nothing more.

934. NEVER go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

935. Immediately upon his arrival in the CRT, stop whatever it is you're doing, look Fowai's way, and cry, "Fowai!" to which Fowai will reply, "Hi everyone," followed by a quick nod and a wave.

Last edited:

Jeajea

First Post
Elf_Ariel said:
--side note-- what the hell is the singular of dice? And the plural of genius!? *cough cough*

Many dice, a single "die". Really.

Genius - there can only ever be one, why bother with the plural?

Okay, okay, we'll say, just for the sake of theory, that there might be some others. In which case you want "geniuses". Yep, really.

936: Beware the Paragon.

Shasf

First Post
And even more rules!

937:: These rules are not rules... more like guidelines

938:: it is mandatory that you shall have a short attention span if one reads htis.

939:: One is a bad RPer if they read only a few pages of this thread

940:: One of the uber roleplayer if they read up to page 5... so it has been written

941:: If you read it all... *is speachless and just points a finger*

942:: When eavesdropping on any conversation, it is mandatory to make snickering comments on the side, but only optional to not listen?

943:: It has been written, that if you're nutty... you are a good RPer, but a bad cook

944:: It has been written, that if you're not nutty... you are a bad RPer, but a good cook

Remove ads