• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Santa thread, Part 2 : Childhood revelations

When did you discover there was no literal/corporeal Santa?

• Never believed to begin with.

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Don't remember believing, but parents have a story about finding out.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Under 4

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 4-6

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • 6-8

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • 8-10

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • 10-12

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • 13-18

Votes: 1 2.9%

bento

Explorer
I figured it out around 10 or 11, when the Santa present was wrapped in the same paper as the presents from my folks. :\

I've tried to be much sly-er with my kids, but my nine year old daughter told me last year that Santa wasn't real. I told her I believed in him, as Santa is more than a person, he's a spirit of unconditional giving and love. She could continue to publicly declare her new found truth, but it might come at the cost of getting a really cool present on Christmas morning. I was afraid she would tell her younger brother, who might not be ready to handle the "truth" just yet.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
bento said:
She could continue to publicly declare her new found truth, but it might come at the cost of getting a really cool present on Christmas morning.
:confused:

Do some parents really reduce presents when their kids know who they are from? Or was it just a bribe/threat to keep her quiet with the younger kid?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads