• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Savage Islands (working title..) - Recruitment closed

Lorthanoth

Explorer
I haven't decided on guns yet; I'm inclined to say that there aren't.

I stand firm on the thinblade issue. :D

Also... I think you may have spent too many points on your stats on a cursory examination. But we can sort that out if you're picked. :)

Last edited:

wysiwyg

First Post
Sorry my mistake -
I forgot you start off at 8 and not at 10.
Nice stats (while they lasted).

New stats:

Str: 14 (6pts)
Dex: 14 (6pts) (+1 level -> 15)
Con: 14 (6pts)
Int: 14 (6pts)
Wis: 12 (4pts)
Cha: 12 (4pts)

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
When you say 'no favored classes', does that mean no multiclassing XP penalties, or does that mean that no classes count as favored and we need to keep our core classes no more than 1 level different or take that penalty?

Douane

First Post
Okay, got something new:

Thalius, Human Beguiler 4 from the Minroan League

Question: From which sources can we take feats?

Thanks!

Lorthanoth

Explorer
No multiclassing penalties. :D

Feats:

Complete Warrior; Complete Adventurer; PHB (obviously); www.crystalkeep.com (as long as the description is complete enough to be used without reference to another book); aranea and lizardfolk characters can also choose any monster feats that they might qualify for; Oriental Adventures

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Well, here's my character, Esteban Ignacio Lopez de Arriortua y Lucientes, a pirate duskblade from Belcadiz (if the name wasn't a giveaway). The non-core feats I've used are: Shield Specialization (PHB2): +1 to the bonus of a shield. Battlecaster Offense (Complete Mage): +1 on the first attack roll to hit a target damaged by a spell last round, +1 to save DC of first spell against a target damaged with a weapon last round.

On the one hand, I've noticed we're a little swashbuckler (the style, not the class) heavy, but on the other hand...I think there's no way you're getting anything different with a setting like this :). To mix things up here's my magical swashbuckler.

[sblock=Character sheet]
Esteban Ignacio Lopez de Arriortua y Lucientes
Male Human (Belcadiz) Duskblade 3/Swashbuckler 3
Alignment: CG
Height: 5' 6''
Weight: 129lbs
XP: 6,000

Str: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Dex: 16 (+3) [8 points, +1 level]
Con: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Int: 16 (+3) [10 points]
Wis: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Cha: 14 (+2) [6 points]

Racial Abilities: Bonus Feat, +4 skill points at first level, +1 skill points/level past first.

Class Abilities: Weapon Finesse, Arcane Attunement, Armored Caster (light), Combat Casting, Channel Spell

Hit Dice: 1d10+3d8+4
HP: 32/32
AC: 19 (+4 armor, +3 Dex, +2 Shield), 16 flat-footed, 13 touch
Init: +3 (+3 Dex)
Speed: 30ft

Saves:
Fortitude +6 [+5 base, +1 Con]
Reflex +4 [+1 base, +3 Dex]
Will +3 [+3 base, +0 Wis]

BAB/Grapple: +4/+4
Attack: Rapier +9 [1d6, 18-20/x2], +1 to hit if I damage target with a spell previously
Attack: Channeled Shocking Grasp +10 [4d6+1 (3d6 lightning), 18-20/x2], +3 to hit a target in metal armor, +2d6 lightning damage if Arcanist's Gloves are used.

Skills :
Balance +6 (4 ranks, +3 Dex, -1 AC)
Bluff +6 (4 ranks, +2 Cha)
Concentration +5 (4 ranks, +1 Con), +9 casting defensively
Diplomacy +6 (4 ranks, +2 Cha)
Escape Artist +7 (4 ranks, +3 Dex)
Jump +6 (5 ranks, +0 Str, -1 AC, +2 Synergy)
Perform: Violin +5 (6 CC ranks, +2 Cha)
Sense Motive +6 (6 ranks, +0 Wis)
Spellcraft +9 (6 ranks, +3 Int)
Swim +2 (4 ranks, +0 Str, -2 AC)
Tumble +8 (4 ranks, +3 Dex, -1 AC, +2 Synergy)

Feats:
Weapon Finesse (Swashbuckler Bonus)
Combat Casting (Duskblade Bonus)
Weapon Focus: Rapier (1st)
Shield Specialization: Buckler (Human Bonus)
Battlecaster Offense (3rd level)

Languages: Common, Ispan, Minroan, Nimean

Equipment:
+1 Rapier (2,320)
Lesser Crystal of Arcane Steel in Rapier (2,000)
MW Buckler (160gp)
MW Chain Shirt (250gp)
Arcanist's Gloves (500gp)

Money: 170gp

Spells Known (5/4): Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue. Shocking Grasp, True Strike, Swift Expeditious Retreat, Ray of Enfeeblement.

Spells per Day: 5/5

Quote: “There's no substitute for a quick mind and a quicker blade.”

Background: Esteban is the wayward son of a noble from Belcadiz who was captured by pirates when he was a young boy of 12. When he found out two months later that he was being ransomed back to his family, he enlisted the help of a sympathetic deckhand and escaped overboard, determined not to go back to what he considered the most boring possible life imaginable. From there Esteban made his way along, first as a cabin boy and then as a deckhand. He apprenticed himself briefly to the weather wizard of the ship he served on, but quickly decided that musty books were possibly just as boring as nobility, and returned to his sword practice. Despite his impatience, he found that between the lessons he'd taken and his naturally quick mind he had developed an aptitude for working small bits of magic into his swordplay.

Personality: Esteban is a bubbly, outgoing young man with a fiery temper and a short memory for grudges. He's quick to challenge others, and just as quick afterwards to buy them a drink and swap stories. He tends to consider pretty much any pursuit besides the blade a little inferior, and perhaps a bit silly, but he supposes someone has to do them.

sminigo1.jpeg

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Code:
 Name: Shepas
Class: Warlock
Race: Rakasta
Size: Medium
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Str: 10 +0 (XXp.)     Level: 4        XP: 0
Dex: 18 +4 (XXp.)     BAB: +3         HP: 27 (3d6+9)
Con: 14 +2 (XXp.)     Grapple: +3     Dmg Red: 1/cold iron
Int: 14 +2 (XXp.)     Speed: 30'      Spell Res: 
Wis: 08 -1 (XXp.)     Init: +4        Spell Save: 
Cha: 14 +2 (XXp.)     ACP: -X         Spell Fail: 0%

Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total
Armor:               10    +5    +0    +4    +0    +0    +1    20
Touch: 15              Flatfooted: 16

Base   Mod  Misc  Total
Fort:                      1     +3          +2
Ref:                       1     +4          +3
Will:                      4     +0          +2

Weapon                Attack   Damage     Critical
Eldrich blast             +5     2d6 +1
Unarmed(Hideous blow)     +4     2d6 +1

Languages: Common, Infernal.

Abilities: Endrich blast  (2d6)

Feats(Class): Damage reduccion 1/cold, Detect magic, decieve item.

Feats: Weapon focus (Ranged spell-like abilities), Weapon 

swifntness, Ability focus (Eldrich blast)

Skill Points: 16+5+5       Max Ranks: 6/3
Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total
Use Magic Device             5    +2          +7
Intimidate                   6    +2          +8
Knowledge(arcana)            5    +2          +7
Concentration                5    +3          +8
Bluff                        5    +2          +7

Equipment:               Cost  Weight
Ring of protection +1           2000
+1 Mithral Chain shirt           2100 
clothings   
Backpack
Potion of cure light wounds x5 250
Potion of Mage armor x5       250
Potion of Invisibility x2    600 
Potion of cure moderate wounds  300          
        Money: 5550

Spell DC:  2 (Cha) + 2(feat) + Spell Level

[B]Invocations:
               Least:[/B] Spider walk, Sickening Blast, Hideous Blow

Height: 1.6 meters
Weight: 45 kg
Eyes: red
Hair: Yellow with brown rays and black spots.

History: From his natal town in Bellayne, this Rakasta traveled the seas in a ship of her people. It was a merchant ship, transporting many sort of exotic fruits and other food products, that would be sold in the most diverse locations. Unfortunately the ship was attacked and pillaged by pirates. Shepas and the other Rakastas were sold to the slave merchants like beasts.
After some time, they organized an scape, and killed their captors. Each one took a separate path, and since then, Shepas has wonder the world alone.

Personality: Shepas is like a cat. She attacks swiftly, and deadly, and use her innocent looks on her favor. She changes her behavior as the circumstances shift.

Apparence: Shepas use her hair long, in a tail on her back. She uses Arabian clothes, and no shoes. Her yellow short hair covers all her body, and a more dark hair covers her head. Her tail is usually coiled around her left leg.
She looks like this, but with cat face and hair instead of naked skin.
Arabian_Nights_Girl_.jpg

Wik

First Post
And who is in? I really don't want to work up on a PC, only to realize I didn't make the cut. :p

I'm really thinking Aranea Ranger. Fighting with a short sword/scimitar combo, probably. Based around movement, getting around the battlefield, and that sort of thing. As for background - she'd be a jungle explorer, somewhat naive around humans, but fascinated by their behaviour.

Or I could play the Imarran already listed, though I think it might really weaken the party (since we have so few close-range types). Anyways, if I'm in, it's really the GM's call - I'll play either PC.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads