The Second K'ril Incursion (SW Saga, KotOR era) [IC]

Zurai

First Post
Douane said:
"No matter. A guide is better than any plan. Come on, we need to check the security cams at the airlock."

Starting to drag him along, she suddenly turns towards Hawke with an evil, teasing smile. "Hey, not that I don't trust you about the tracer, but I think I'll need to pat myself down to make sure when we have the time. Thoroughly."

Hawke smiles back benignly and replies, "Alright, then; this way. And be my guest, I have nothing to hide." Turning, he sets out towards the nearest airlock.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tomalor puts away his datapad, having not found anything more useful. "We done then? Report back?" He seems anxious to leave this place of death.

Shayuri

First Post
"Tell us about this fighter you were making here," Kacela inquires. "Why would the K'ril want it?"

She glances at Martina and adds, "The shuttle pilot, do we know who he was and what he was doing here?"

drothgery

First Post
Shayuri said:
"Tell us about this fighter you were making here," Kacela inquires. "Why would the K'ril want it?"

"It's the prototype for our next-generation starfighter. The Republic's too, if we win the contract; we and three other firms are supposed to hand over prototypes to the Navy next year. We at Ijatsi think the Iotia 6 should be the best starfighter in known space. So if anyone is interested in a high-performance starfighter design, they'd be after the prototype, or the plans, or both.

"It's also true, of course, that our starfighters were originally derived from K'ril designs. The Iotia 1 -- which was essentially a research project -- was very nearly a K'ril starfighter with a standard propulsion system. The Iotia 2 was mostly minor tweaks except for all-new engines that nearly matched the K'ril's power output without breaking any laws of physics, and was our first volume sale; it became the Republic's base fighter about twenty years after the K'ril wars. So it's possible they might want a current version of 'thier' design, especially if they no longer have the design skills themselves to produce a next-generation fighter."
Devan explained.

Shayuri said:
She glances at Martina and adds, "The shuttle pilot, do we know who he was and what he was doing here?"

"One of our regular service pilots. It wouldn't be unusual for him to be here on a supply run or carrying personnel, except that his shuttle isn't."

Phoenix8008

First Post
Devan said:
"So it's possible they might want a current version of 'thier' design, especially if they no longer have the design skills themselves to produce a next-generation fighter." Devan explained.
"Or they may want to take your 'upgraded' version of their fighter back and 'break the laws of physics' some more to make it even better than what it would have been via your designs..." Theta ponders aloud, breaking his long silence finally.

OOC: Sorry I've been absent for a bit. RL and work have both been extra busy. Glad I didn't miss much and that Theta is the strong, silent type already. I'll do my best to post more regularly again from now on.

Shayuri

First Post
"So they have a shuttle...and a prototype."

Kacela closes her eyes and sighs. Sometimes you didn't have to consult the Force to see what might be coming next.

"Is the prototype fighter armed and spaceworthy...or could it have been made so before we arrived?"

drothgery

First Post
Shayuri said:
"Is the prototype fighter armed and spaceworthy...or could it have been made so before we arrived?"

"Without command authorization from a senior Ijatsi executive, the combat functions are locked out, and it's pretty much a very fast shuttle. With the combat functions enabled... the control software is in its very early stages, and the weaponry its outfitted with is not at full military power. It could fight, but I wouldn't want to try it against a modern starfighter even if you upgraded the weapons to full power. It's probably more useful as a model than as a fighting ship." Devan said.

Shayuri

First Post
Kacela absorbs that and briefly wonders if that authorization was related to the kidnap orders. She dismisses that train of thought for now though...it would just be speculation at the moment.

She calls on the commlink, "Hawke, what's your and Sianni's status? We haven't found much of note over here. Anything we're forgetting to look for, or any ideas to try before we start cleaning up the K'ril's leavings?"

Zurai

First Post
Shayuri said:
She calls on the commlink, "Hawke, what's your and Sianni's status? We haven't found much of note over here. Anything we're forgetting to look for, or any ideas to try before we start cleaning up the K'ril's leavings?"
"Sianni wants to check the security system at the airlocks, so we're making the rounds. I'm afraid I'm not much of a security expert, and I can't think of anything in particular to look for that you all havn't already investigated."
[sblock=OOC]I'm not sure exactly what Sianni plans to investigate, but Hawke will tag along with her for now.[/sblock]

Remove ads