• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Secret Scion - accepting alternates

Bront

The man with the probe
BTW, I thought I'd thow this out there.

Techicaly, Changelings can only bread with humans, but the baby is always a changeling. However, this seems strange that they could not also at least breed with elves, half-elves, orcs, and half-orcs, since humans can breed with them too. Obviously, this is a somewhat important point for Mel, simply because the background is a bit harder to work otherwise (Or I simply make them all human, but I like the special age thing, it fits in well as a cover for her powers). Besides, its magic, not biology.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Well Rayni is the Chaotic Good evil warlock of darkness (with +13 Diplomacy at level 1) :)

Oooh, Good diplomatic evil warlock of darkness... She's a used car salesman?

The Twisted Inocence becomes more of a not realizing that what she is doing is wrong. Given that in theory she was being trained as an infiltrator and Assassin anyway, it sort of fit for her to go either way. But her Inocence Shattered works well to, because maybe she just never thought "Oooh, that's why learning anatomy and weapons goes togeather".

Ferrix

Explorer
Oooo Isida's games never die, maybe an Eberron game that'll last...

Me me me!

Character concept forthcoming... although have you got someone for that DM involved character? Cause I'm up for that.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Ferrix said:
Character concept forthcoming... although have you got someone for that DM involved character? Cause I'm up for that.

Rystil is already in bed with Isida.

Conspiring I mean, btw.

You never know though, could easily have another one with something else going on.

Bront

The man with the probe
Ok, if it's allowed, I think I might head for the Chameleon PrC. I think it fits her mimic/hiding persona. Not sure I'll focus on it exclusively (probably still do rogue levels here and there).

Able Learner is a feat only available to Humans, Dopplegangers, and Changelings in Eberron, and allows you to learn cross class skills at 1 point per skill, but still only to the lower max. Would fit in well with Mel anyway.

Obviously, this is just a thought. We'll see where the character goes. I am excited about her though, should be a lot of fun.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Bront said:
Ok, if it's allowed, I think I might head for the Chameleon PrC. I think it fits her mimic/hiding persona. Not sure I'll focus on it exclusively (probably still do rogue levels here and there).

Able Learner is a feat only available to Humans, Dopplegangers, and Changelings in Eberron, and allows you to learn cross class skills at 1 point per skill, but still only to the lower max. Would fit in well with Mel anyway.

Obviously, this is just a thought. We'll see where the character goes. I am excited about her though, should be a lot of fun.

You did see that characters are starting at L1?

I know she promised "fast advancement", but it may take a few days before you are high enough level to take Chameleon class. ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
MavrickWeirdo said:
You did see that characters are starting at L1?

I know she promised "fast advancement", but it may take a few days before you are high enough level to take Chameleon class. ;)
Well, he does need to know up front whether its OK to decide on feat and skill selection though :)

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Well, he does need to know up front whether its OK to decide on feat and skill selection though :)
I like to plan for options.

In particular, I believe Able Learner is required to be taken at L1, so it's now or never.

Remove ads