The Secret Scion

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bail sits quietly in the corner absent-mindidly nibbling at a loaf of bread and drinking water. The glare of the expensive lights, the bustle of the servants and the racket of dinner conversation all contribute to his withdrawn, reflective mood.

Erekose13

Explorer
Exactly! Would THEY expect you to get involved? To draw attention to yourself? No! They expect you to hide, to be a scared little boy. They don't expect you in the company of fighters, they will discount such ridiculous tales. the voice snaps back.

Okay, okay. Hxaptös thinks to Voice, his inner voice a bit shaky and unsure after the retort. He joins the others in combat, staying well away from the goblins and providing support from the bridge above. For the most part he stays quiet, both on the outside and the inside. *

Hxaptös' Voice makes a strange grumbling noise that explodes into a dark shadowy figure in the face of another untouched goblin foe.

*Any one watching Hxaptös during the combat, notices that after the strange noise errupts from him, his face seems to change as Jhom immerges. His stance becomes more confident yet he seems to slide more into the background. His expression betrays less wild insanity and his voice does not quiver when he speaks.*

"Nicely done. Those gobbos had no idea what they were messing with when they bad-mouthed you guys." Hxaptös says as the last of the goblins fall. "Bury 'em? Why bother, they're scum and deserve no peace. They'd be pathetic zombies hardly worth the effort."

*During the discussions with the guard, he seems to melt back away from the group, and some may notice that he has disappeared around the corner waiting for them. Rejoining the group after they have moved on he continues talking with them, sharing little of himself but talking none-the-less.*

*While at the Kundarak mansion he appears to be on his best behaviour, though if something expensive looking happens to fall under his gaze and no one is looking he will probably try to nick it. At dinner he thuroughly enjoys the food, though he does so on the best of manners he can pull off. *

"Hearing a cry from help from your nephew from a walkway one level up, we lept into action. The big guy went screaming off the bridge right into the midst of the gobbos tearing them to shreads while most of us stayed put and helped from the bridge above." Hxaptös says to Dargon d'Kundarak.

Last edited:

lotuseater

Explorer
Kazan Oleander(Arimart) - Half-Elf Spellthief

When Kerrik suggests they get moving, Kazan readily agrees, eager to be on their way. Seeing that no one picked up the silver and copper coin, he goes to grab it. "I'll hold on to this for now, and we can divide it up later," he says.

While consulting with the city patrol, he is sure to speak up and confirm Kerrik's version of events, and tries to be as cooperative as possible. He also asks specifically if they have heard of any other similar kidnappings, or any other trouble with bands of goblins recently. As they are getting ready to move on, he asks their captain for his name and writes it down in one of his small notebooks for later reference.

As they walk together, Kazan continues writing notes in his notebook, beginning with the message he found written on the parchment, which he writes in his own special code so that others will not be able to read it. He then jots down notes about the encounter that he thinks might be worth remembering, as well as there location and other tidbits of information. As they wind their way through the city, he also is careful to note the way so that he can find his way back on his own.

After they have arrived at Kerrik's home and had their meal, Kazan helps to tell the tale of the encounter. "Hxaptös is quite right. It was certainly an act of tremendous courage and swordsmanship these two demonstarted," here he points to Bail and Harolk. "They could have easily handled twice as many of the fiends had it been necessary. "But the two elf women did their part as well, acting as a distraction, and, when necessary, martial support. I fear I was the only one that found himself out of place during the fight. I'm not used to being involved in such situations."

At some point during the conversation, the half-elf asks Dargon: "Do you have any insight who might be behind the attempted kidnapping?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Awww, I didn't really do anything all that important when it comes to fighting," Rayni admits, "But I'm glad we were able to save your nephew."

*Rayni smiles brilliantly.*

"Oh, how rude of me--Hi, I'm Rayni, and I'm pleased to meet you Dargon!"

Bront

The man with the probe
If no one else grabbed the collar, Mel made sure to grab it and tuck it way before she left.

"Greetings Dargon, I am Melphina. Pleased to meet you, though I wish it wasn't because of what happenedn. I'm just glad we could help. Good thing we kept a sharp ear out."

Mel pulls out the colar "Dargon, have you ever seen anything like this before? One of them was wearing it. It looks.... distinctive."

Mel says"Dargon, the leader had a strange collar on him. It looks.... distinctive. I wonder if you'd recognize it?"

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Harolk, male human fighter

[ooc: Loot goes as this:

Kazan has all the coins, (supposedly we don´t know about the gold ones), the piece of parchment (also secret) and the spellbook (after been briefly on Bail´s hands)

Harolk picked up the golden collar.

Bail has the lead amulet.

Nobody got the goblins´ weapons, probably bceause we´re all medium-size.]

Eating as much as he can, Harolk has enough with brief comments of the last battle.

Hxaptös said:
"The big guy went screaming off the bridge right into the midst of the gobbos tearing them to shreads while most of us stayed put and helped from the bridge above."

"You forget the kid" says Harolk pointing at Bail. "He did great, too"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Interesting... Rayni, Melphia. I'm glad you were around, as I'm afraid, terribly afraid of what could have happened if we didn't have such people as you around. Please, would the rest of you tell me your names? I want to know who helped my House," Dargon says.

When asked about the collar - "Let me take a look at it, and I'll see if I can tell you about it."

Last edited:

Remove ads